Hi, Community!

Hope you have already put in your schedule the visit to InterSystems Global Summit 2017 which will take place on 10-13 of September in remarkable JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa.

This year we have Experience Lab, The Unconference, and 50 more other sessions, regarding performance, cloud, scalability, FHIR, high availability and other solutions and best practices.

4 1
0 494
Article
· Jul 7, 2017 19m read
Indexing of non-atomic attributes

Quotes (1NF/2NF/3NF)ru:

Every row-and-column intersection contains exactly one value from the applicable domain (and nothing else).
The same value can be atomic or non-atomic depending on the purpose of this value. For example, “4286” can be
  • atomic, if its denotes “a credit card’s PIN code” (if it’s broken down or reshuffled, it is of no use any longer)
  • non-atomic, if it’s just a “sequence of numbers” (the value still makes sense if broken down into several parts or reshuffled)

This article explores the standard methods of increasing the performance of SQL queries involving the following types of fields: string, date, simple list (in the $LB format), "list of <...>" and "array of <...>".

7 0
0 984

Hello,

I'm currently exploring alternatives to CSP/services and ODBC/Sql Maps for access to Caché. I'm not seeing a library which would interest me, so am considering creating one myself.

Does 'CacheConnection' in C# use RPC of some sort, or a defined protocol to communicate with Caché, or does it do so over telnet with scripted commands? I would assume the former. If so, is this a publicly documented protocol that can be implemented by library developers?

Any guidance in this area would be appreciated.

0 9
0 776

Hi Community!

Check the new video on the. InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Many Data Sources - One Application

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FAWIrBN71Nw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 232

hi

I restored one database on Server B with EXTSELCT^DBREST command from backup file (this backup file is taken from Server A).

When I execute select some rows from one table, it return error like this,

the same select sql can return correct data in server A

But when I select other rows from same table on Server B, it return correct data.

Why? maybe the backup file corrupted?

Thanks

0 1
0 187

"SELECT %SYSTEM.SQL_TableExists('table name') "could work as expected under SQL shell,

but for "CALL %SYSTEM.SQL_TableExists('table name')" does not work (not any error reported, it just show nothing).

Is there any reason why CALL could not be applied to a stored procedure?

Thanks.

0 7
0 451

I needed to pass through a file with Ensemble but the operation wasn't writing some filenames as given because the EnsLib.File.PassthroughOperation 'sanitizes' filenames removing characters that are not valid on some operating
systems;
09000655_AEDC_C3344059_A&#47;E_Martin Browne_09000655_201706221018.pdf
09000655_AEDC_C3344059_A#47E_Martin_Browne_09000655_201706221018.pdf

1 0
0 1K
Question
· Jul 4, 2017
Atelier & Git?

Hi,

we are trying to use Atelier and GitLab for our Software-development. Our Software has round about 1000 classes that got developed over years.

What we want to achieve is that one repository holding the complete code of one namespace. We also want to create branches to develop new small parts.

0 4
0 820
Question
· Nov 28, 2016
spatial data

Hello. I am a student from Syktyvakar Forest Institute(Russia).

I need to make Research : "Databases for working with spatial data
Consider MySQL, PostgreSQL and 1 to choose from". I want to explore Cache with subject library of spatial data.

Help.

Does Someone from the developers write the libraries of spatial data?

0 3
0 384

Hi everybody,

I have to create a pivot that shows the result comparing the last week of the current date with the last week of the last year in the same month. I tried using the function LAG, but didn´t work. Works only if I want to compare the months between the two years. If someone has some idea, i will appreciatte a lot.

Thanks.

Jaqueline Krieger

0 4
0 309
Discussion
· Jul 3, 2017
Way, way out of my price range

I know this may sound like sour grapes, but really it is not.

I hear all the exciting things about the up coming InterSystems Conference, and I am sure it is.

But it is way, way out of my price range, and I am sure out of the price range of most of the Cache/MUMPS developers, without company backing.

Just wondering what others think.

3 4
0 490

Good day, I would like to find out the size of Caché ObjectScript variable in order to guarantee that my program will not leak, equally in terminal and Caché globals. For example how huge number I can store in that variable ? And what happen in Caché when variable will leak ? How is this behavior treated? (how much memory is reserved for common variable?)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

0 2
0 665