The preview release of InterSystems IRIS 2019.1 is now available - give it a try!
Kits and container images are available via WRC's preview download site.
InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2019.1 is the third major version of InterSystems IRIS. It has many new capabilities including:
- Significant enhancements to SQL usability and performance
- Improved scalability and operations for sharded clusters
- Client language updates and performance boosts
- New interoperability capabilities that speed configuring and troubleshooting of productions
- System security, performance, and efficiency enhancements
These are detailed in the draft documentation and release notes for InterSystems IRIS.
Server platform support for traditional installations have been updated, as have the base OS layer and storage drivers for InterSystems IRIS containers. You can read details in the draft Supported Platforms document.
With 2019.1, InterSystems IRIS now officially supports self-service BI tools using ODBC connections, specifically Tableau and PowerBI. Customers interested in using these are encouraged to take the Power BI survey or Tableau survey; this feedback will help us in providing dedicated connectors to these tools in a future release.
Preview releases allow our customers to get an early start working with new features and functionality. They are supported for development and test purposes, but not for production.