We need to update the FHIR Sandbox Help Document with Patient Data Upload instructions. Here is a draft of the instructions:
To facilitate FHIR Application testing, the FHIR Sandbox User can upload their own test patient data in the following formats: InterSystems SDA, C-CDA 1.1, C-CDA 2.1 and HL7 V2. This data is then available to the user via their connected FHIR application, in the Browse Test Patients and Browse Test Data functions. Below are step by step instructions, notes and images that tie to the instructions and notes
Steps to upload test patient data:
- Offline prepare a test patient file in one of the following formats: InterSystems SDA, C-CDA 1.1, C-CDA 2.1 and HL7 V2
- The example below uses a test patient C-CDA 1.1 generated using the Synthea (TM) generator
- From the FHIR Sandbox Main Page (Sandbox Applications) select the Patient Data Upload option from the side menu
- Select the format of your pre-pared test patient file: InterSystems SDA, C-CDA 1.1, C-CDA 2.1 and HL7 V2
- See Image #1
- Drag the file to the "Drop Your File Here" area
- The FHIR Sandbox will respond with either a file uploaded successfully message or an error message
- See Image #2
- If successful, your test patient is available to access in:
- Any of the Sandbox Applications (assuming the requisite data is available i.e. pediatric patients need multiple height and weight data points)
- Browse Test Patients (See Images #3 & #4)
- Browse Test Data (See Image #5)
- Currently the FHIR Sandbox supports the following formats: InterSystems SDA, C-CDA 1.1, C-CDA 2.1 and HL7 V2. It does not support uploading test patients using FHIR DSTU2 and FHIR STU3 at this time, but those are planned.
- Only use test patient data only. Please don't upload real patient data or any other inappropriate data as outlined in the FHIR Sandbox Terms of Service.
- Test patients that users upload are only visible to them, and no other FHIR Sandbox users. These patients are indicated by the label "(private)" on the Browse Test Patients search results page.
- To find the Patient's Record ID, search using the Browse Test Patients function, and then look at the Test Patient Details page
- InterSystems will periodically reset the FHIR Sandbox environment and remove any test patients users have uploaded. Currently this period is set to 30 days, but it can be run at the user level or the environment level on demand (i.e. in the event a user uploaded incorrect data).