Greetings,

If given a global, how can I discover information on that global? More specifically, how can I discover how many indices it contains? ie: ^G(1,2,3,4,5) How can I discover that there are 5 subscripts within the Global ^G if I did not already know.

Please advise, and thanks in advance for everyone's time.

0 3
0 340
Question
· Jul 17, 2017
Purge for "IO Log Input Data"

Hello mates,

When turning on the “Archive IO” option within the business operations, it provides us the capability of seeing the input and output communication with external systems. For instance, watching the messages sent out + ACK message sent back .

Our production has got a scheduled task that runs daily (by default I guess, as many others) and is in charge of purging “Errors and log files”. And this is likely to be linked to the “Archive IO” feature, right?

0 2
0 480

Hi everyone

Is there any way to change a class definition (especifically a query definition during the compilation time)?
The idea is:
I have an abstract class with a parameter where I will define the ROWSPEC of a query and some methods to populate e temporary table
The implementation class will override the parameter, specifying the ROWSPEC of this implementation, and the methods will populate the rows in the same format as the ROWSPEC.

0 4
0 596
Question
· Jul 16, 2017
How to index a class

Hi

I have two persistent classes defined. Lets call it Parent and Child.

Child class is one of the property of Parent Class.

I would like to define a index on Child class.

So what is the default behaviour I defined a index on a non simple data type member?

Any possibility that I could customized the behaviour ? For example. Child class has three properties.

Could I configure the index to index any combinations of these three properties?

Thanks for your help.

0 1
0 575

I'm trying to recreate a smaller copy of our DEV machine on a sandbox instance. I installed a new instance, and thought it would be a good idea to copy over a few cache.dat files from the critical namespaces (but not all of them), and start from there.

0 1
0 407

Hi all,

We faced a problem where we would like to map a $lb object to its corresponding data model structure in order to later on export it as JSON.

So imagin that we have something like this that actually maps to a persistent table with its structure.

$lb("",,,,,"",,,"BOOLEAN","0",2,2,"1",,"bla",$lb(,,"bla","20050502123400"),"",1,"bla",,0)

Is there a way to transform this $lb (without the need of openig the object itself) to a JSON object with the proper table fields as properties?

Many thanks

0 9
0 414
Question
· Jul 13, 2017
RuleSet with a Dynamic Target

I wanted to know if there was a way to dynamic set a target in the rule send command. I have a assign property that uses the lookup table that I wanted return the name of the target value and then set the target to that property . When I set the target= _@tDestination there is a parser error.

0 1
0 372

Hy.

I set up cache in container, which is working fine. But when accessing managment portal the default user was alway Unknown user and no username or password were required. So i disabled the Unknow user in the Security section, but now i keep getting an error access denid.

0 9
0 3.2K
Question
· Jul 12, 2017
Database Wildcards

Greetings,

How do I organize a wildcard search with respect to a database search?

Example of what I am trying to do: s x=$o(^G("ABC","A*",x))

Trying to navigate through the ^G global for all occurrences of "ABC", and "A*" ("A"+wildcard) but I am new to M and don't know positively how to do this. Perhaps I don't use an "*" at all, rather; another convention altogether.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance.

0 2
0 516

Hi, Community!

And so I continue with publishing of the tasks for the Final round of InterSystems Contest on InterSystems Caché and DeepSee as a part of IT Planet Student Championship in Sochi. This year we had about 2 000 participants in InterSystems Contest.

One of the tasks for the finals was to crack the black box and another to output 9876543210!

Here's the next task: gravity!

1 3
0 364

Hopefully a simple question.

Using the Rule Editor, I can open a routing rule and easily define an 'effectiveBegin' and 'effectiveEnd' date. I want to utilize this date feature for a "sub-rule" (i.e. rule #1) but not the entire routing rule therefore impacting all other rules. I also do not want to split and create a brand new routine rule just to send the message to the target business process. It would be ideal to keep it contained within this single routing class that was created.

0 1
0 773

Ensemble 2015. Working on an a way to send NACK'd HL7 messages to a flat file for external review/troubleshooting. (Similar to the way BadMessageHandler deals with validation errors.)

I think I have the Alert piece down, but need assistance with the exact syntax to do an SQL query in the DTL (or a custom function) to pull the HL7 message Raw Content into the Alert, based on the SessionID.

(Also, anything special to write alerts to the File Operation?)

Thanks, Brian

0 3
0 842

I am working with Caché Relationships.

I know how to iterate through the One side of the relationship and for each One iterate through all the various Manys.

What I have been trying to figure out, is the code (I can put into a Class) that will start at the top of the Manys, iterate down and for each of the Manys, pull the associated One.

I can do this with SQL or Globals, but I want to use only Class type code.

Is that clear? Any help?

0 6
0 533

You might find it useful or not. It depends on what you can imagine it to be used with, like I had to.

Either way, I created a lib that can fetch environment variables from a file or from the OS where Caché is running.

Mostly know as dotenv. Many languages have it, so why not Caché?

The usage is pretty simple:

If you want to use OS env vars exclusively, just use the method:

1 3
0 417