I have a list

set list=$lb(1,$c(0),2)

How do I replace $c(0) with an empty element?

My list should look like this:

set list=$lb(1,,2)

I tried using $list but it either replaces the element with an empty string:

set $list(list,2)=""
zw list

Resulting in:

list=$lb(1,"",2)

Or removes the element altogether:

set $list(list,2,2)=""
zw list

Resulting in:

list=$lb(1,2)
2 2
0 364

Hi,

We're using a database gateway from IRIS to Oracle using ODBC. It has been occurring a character set issue that invalidate special characters.

Oracle support has found data type missmatch in ODBC debug while transfering data between the databases.

ODBC was download from official website.

Is there any Intersystems contact to send it to check whether there is a ODBC issue? I hasn't found any directy contact in Intersystems in website.

0 2
0 106

Since I installed CACHÉ with mac, I can not use CACHÉ CUBE, so I put windows 10 in the virtualbox, installed CACHÉ and made cube usable.
The problem is,
When you press the cube mark,
·studio
·Terminal
· Management Portal
· Remote system access
· Preferred connection server (F) [TRYCACHE 2]
· Cache version management (b)
· End (x)
Inside of the above
·studio
·Terminal
· Management Portal (P)
Can not be selected.

Why?

The purpose of using CACHÉ is to refurbish existing projects.

0 2
0 309

Hi everyone,

I need submit a object have a json string as property of class, but I get an issue, object can't save to SQL table if I take json data to json property. I try making a test class with only json property and get the same issue, no data row in SQL table after run ClassMethod . Some one know what's problem, please help me. Here my test class:

1 2
0 739

HI *,

So last night I was doing a deployment which had a query to select from a large dataset of joined tables, to iterate through and populate data in a new table.

This was done in a classmethod using embedded SQL and the %PARALLEL keyword.
On a testing environment with the same dataset, this worked perfectly a few days earlier.

0 2
0 205

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a way to detimerine if a certain namespace is ensemble enabled. I´ve seen such a solution somewhere in the past but can´t find it anymore. Is there a simplistic api around for that?

My second question is in context of log some information to the console log file with a certain error level. Also, I´ve seen this in the past and can´t find it agian. I guess there was some kind of simple api to use for this.

Thank you for your help.

best regards,

sebastian

0 2
0 299

Hi community,

We have a developed a new version of a production, all the code is new and has changed BP. This application load information for some brands and stored in database.

The customer wants to implement the changes only for some brands because he wants to check for small brands before to implement for all brands.

My proposal is create a new namespace, with the new code, and disabled all load of brands except the brand that he wants to check.

I'm wondering what is the best way to clone the namespace.

1 2
0 117

Hi all,

Does anybody have the same issue?

$ZF(-100) to run python script not work when directly execute in studio or in storedproc called by TrakCare, but can work when do in iris session.

The python script imports a "barcode" package. It seems that when directly execute in studio or in storedproc called by TrakCare, the package can not be imported.

1 2
0 101

Hi,

I am trying to create a user role which shall allow users the access to only one specific namespace in an Ensemble system. I´ve startet creating the namespace with a database (with own ressource and no public access). In the second step I´ve created a role by copying it from the predefined role %Developer and assigned the ressource of the created database. After that i´ve created a user and assign him to the created role.

0 2
0 503

We would like to know if there are any ramifications swapping out our code database while an Ensemble production is running. We are trying to minimize down time as much as possible and even though stopping and starting the production ideally would be pretty quick, is it possible that we could just restart the business hosts that had the code change?

So this is our setup:
Ensemble 2016.1

global cache.dat
code1 cache.dat
code2 cache.dat

Namespace that we switch to point to either code1 or code2 and is mapped to the globals.

0 2
0 231

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across a comment in this post that mentioned that the %SYS.GlobalQuery is a potentially faster alternative to %GSIZE. I tested it out and while I like the %SYS.GlobalQuery I noticed that it has some size discrepancies against a %GSIZE with details. Can anyone tell me which is more accurate for estimating the size of globals?

0 2
1 2.2K
Question
· Jun 17, 2019
merge and match

Hi guys

i'm trying to create a DTL that allows me to merge several OBX segments into one . eeverything in the segments is the same except the values in OBX 5 which id like to all to be merged together

0 2
0 289
Question
· Jul 31, 2019
DICOM TCP IN to File Writer

Has anyone had any success receiving a DICOM TCP in, and then using a process to write to a file while responding to the sender correctly? I'm pulling my hair out, and would love to know where I'm going wrong.

0 2
0 240

For Cache client install automation, where are the remote server settings stored on a Windows 10 PC?

Are they stored in the registry? I found the Cache registry key, but it only lists the remote server address and not the ports.

Are they stored in an INI file? If so, I haven't found it yet.

I can push the client install via the very helpful CEDocs URL (https://cedocs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=GCI_windows_silentinst)

0 2
0 371
Question
· Feb 28, 2020
SQLCODE Error -400

I have a code block in a BPL. I have the below SQL and code. All variables have been declared and set. When I run the SQL, if there are no values returned, I get 100 for the value of SQLCODE when I perform the FETCH, which is correct. If values are returned, I get a -400 error when I perform the first FETCH. I've investigated, but cannot find the reason for a -400 error. Hoping someone out here understands this and knows what's wrong.

0 2
0 1.6K

I am attempting to pragmatically create a bunch of roles and then assign the appropriate resources to that role.

Currently, the only ways to add resources to a role are to:

1. Do through Management Portal

2. Go through ^SECURITY (add resource one at a time)

My Intention would be to do the following: do ^SECURITY Role Setup Edit Role When prompted for resources to add, be able to use *

0 2
0 228

I have been using %Net.FtpSession and while it works, its handling of file/directory listings from an FTP server is less than ideal and, while this is due to the FTP protocol itself, the class could be written to handle this as would an FTP client such as FileZilla and command line/class FTP handlers for other languages. I was wondering if anyone knows how the Ensemble adaptor works with this in case it provides code that would help, though the source does not seem to be available. Below are the issues I see in FTP, some are based on past experience writing our own FTP handler in the past

1 2
0 415

This morning on the old Caché Google Group, someone posed the following question, which I've decided to answer here, because it's interesting!

Is there a way to iterate ClassMethod's params, and get param's names and values?

The first answer I can come up with is: it's not easy! In any method, you could try to write code like this (where methodName is the name of your method):

7 1
0 1.6K
Question
· Jul 21, 2020
Server-less incoming Web-hooks

Hi,

Recently I have encountered a new issue, more and more 3rd party applications move to the cloud.

Web-hooks incoming from their sites can no longer be identified using a known and fixed IP address, so our customer's security department blocks them.

In past similar cases we use to grant access in the customer's Fire-Wall to the specified IP address - this is no longer applicable.

Has anyone else encountered this problem ? do you have any ideas ?

Thanks

0 1
0 213