We are developing some containarized cloud application level iris instances and using CPF Merge to do a lot of the initial buildout for the iris instance (i.e. create databases, namespaces, map globals/routines, ecp setup, etc...)

I am trying to figure out how to get package mappings into a namespace config, via cpf merge if possible... ?

This is the document I am working from to develop the cpf merge file -

1 1
0 294

Hi team,

I'll start with an apology as I am trying to wrap my head around the architecture of how InterSystems IRIS database management works. I am attempting to connect to the platform remotely through say a JDBC or ODBC connection in order to run queries, searches (through SQL statements) on my laptop and was trying to understand whether this would be possible? It is possible to setup an inbound client connection and wanted to better understand the architecture of how the database association works for IRIS database management. Does it use it's own internal SQL database or are we able to connect to our own database and which databases are certified to run against the platform?

0 2
0 294

This is the third post of a series explaining how to create an end-to-end Machine Learning system.

Training a Machine Learning Model

When you work with machine learning is common to hear this work: training. Do you what training mean in a ML Pipeline?
Training could mean all the development process of a machine learning model OR the specific point in all development process
that uses training data and results in a machine learning model.

4 10
2 294

A customer recently asked if IRIS supported OpenTelemetry as they where seeking to measure the time that IRIS implemented SOAP Services take to complete. The customer already has several other technologies that support OpenTelemetry for process tracing. At this time, InterSystems IRIS (IRIS) do not natively support OpenTelemetry.

11 4
1 294

I am writing an API that sends over a very large JSON object.

The code I'm using to get the data is actually used in our production system today for the use of writing a report.

However when I call the code using the API (using SoapUI) I am getting 'Error getting response; java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out'

The web applications settings have a session timeout setting at 15 minutes, but this is timing out within just a few minutes, so I know it's not hitting this mark.

0 3
0 294

We return with our example of using the FHIR Adapter, in this article we are going to review how we can configure it in our IRIS instances and what the result of the installation is.

The steps taken to configure the project are the same as indicated in the official documentation, you can review them directly here. Well, let's get to work!

3 1
1 294

Hi

We have ODBC 32bit Encryption working on our database with a SSLDEFs.ini file. However 64 bit ODBC Encryption will not work and give generic error, same error if the ini file is not there for 32BIT.

We have copied the ini file to the 64bit folder? Any ideas please?

thanks

0 2
0 294
Article
· Mar 2, 2023 3m read
Quick sample database tutorial

Introduction

This is a simple tutorial on the quickest way I found to create a sample database for any purposes such as testing, making samples for tutorials, etc.

Creating a namespace

1. Open the terminal
  2. Write the command "D $SYSTEM.SQL.Shell()"
  3. Write "CREATE DATABASE " and the name you want for your namespace.

Now you have a new namespace in a faster way than creating it from the Management Portal - which of course offers way more configuration options.

9 5
1 294

Hello developers, I'm a newbie to Intersystems technologies and I started to work with Caché and Ensemble, and to be more specific I'm working with systems integration. In a scenario where I need to develop new software from scratch, would it be better to develop this new software using REST APIs? Does anyone have any recommendations about courses?

0 3
0 294

Hi,

We are using Cache to generate HTML pages (complete with Javascript), which we are reading in an Android phone App's WebView.

If, when we generate HTML as follows:

<html>

<body bgcolor='red'>

Hello World

</body>

</html>

Reading this is iPad gets what you would expect, a red page with Hello World written in it.

However in Android phone, the page is both white and blank.

0 16
0 294

I recently had the need to monitor from HealthConnect the records present in a NoSQL database in the Cloud, more specifically Cloud Firestore, deployed in Firebase. With a quick glance I could see how easy it would be to create an ad-hoc Adapter to make the connection taking advantage of the capabilities of Embedded Python, so I got to work.

4 2
1 294
Question
· May 16, 2018
Access Managment

I am managing a very large logistic's software company utilizing Cache as the main infrastructure.

I have many customers around the world and I need to upgrade the authentication process add 2 factor authentication, access management, captcha etc.

Does anyone have experience with this ? are there any suggested external software that can be integrated with our infrastructure ?

0 2
0 294

Hi everyone,

I am talking from Brazil and we have one very important customer that requested our support to find a consultant, deeply specialized in Cache that could work with us attending this customer. It has a tons of data and its core application is based on Cache.

If you are interested send me an email with the subject title - Cache consultant opportunity - and we will make contact with you. The main request is how strong are your skills in cache and it would be considered a differentiator if you are a portuguese speaker.

Regards - Helberth Cavalcante.

3 2
0 294

Check out this short demo on the InterSystems Developer YouTube channel showing how the new Production Component Driver can be used for Source Control of Interoperability Productions.

The driver enables highly granular management of interoperability productions with tight integration into the InterSystems IRIS management portal.

Using Deltanji for Source Control of Interoperability Productions

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xAT4PZ6n3eM
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

5 0
0 294

Hi all,

Does anyone know if a process (which is using a license unit) does an OPEN or USE to send data (to a label printer as an example) through TCP, will result on license slot usage?

If so, will use a new connection of the currently used one by the process or will get a new slot?

Kind regards

0 1
0 294
Article
· Oct 6, 2020 2m read
An overview of npm-iris

What is npm-iris?

N.P.M stands for "No Project Mess."

N.P.M. is a Project & Task Management app that uses InterSystems IRIS and Bootstrap 4.

No Project Mess is created to help developers and small business companies to reduce complexity in their daily problems, with a simple and intuitive projects and tasks management software.

It offers different views for your tasks, from a spreadsheet, kanban, calendar, or even Gantt!

3 0
0 293
Question
· Apr 1, 2021
zenPage

Hello, in a zen page sometimes I find document.getElementbyId("ID") to set a propertybut also zen("ID").setPr.... So what is the real difference and limitations of each?

0 4
0 293
Question
· Aug 13, 2019
Dashboard - Line Graph

Hello,

I want to create a dashboard with a line graph that shows system availability over time. I used this code to create a Dashboard:

Set tItem = ##class(%DeepSee.UserLibrary.Link).%New()
                Set tItem.fullName = "Availability"
                Set tPage = "Availability.UI.CSVImport.zen"
                Set tItem.href = $system.CSP.GetPortalApp($namespace,tPage)_tPage
                Set tItem.title = "Availability"
                Set tSC = tItem.%Save()
0 7
0 293

In Cache'/Ensemble, by specifying the objectsPackage parameter, dictionaries (and other objects) get projected to tables that can be accessed by SQL queries.

But in IRIS (IRIS for UNIX (Ubuntu Server LTS for x86-64 Containers) 2019.1 (Build 507U) Mon Feb 25 2019 13:47:16 EST), when I created a dictionary with ##class(%iKnow.Matching.DictionaryAPI).CreateDictionary(), it does not get projected to a table.

The class APIs correctly retrieve information about this dictionary.

Am I missing something with IRIS, or is there any issues about this?

0 2
0 293
Article
· Feb 14, 2017 1m read
Portal tip: Use the search box

User interfaces such as Portal often give us multiple ways of doing a task. Sometimes we stick with habits and don't realize that another way might save us time.

Here's one that I learned by watching someone else using Portal.

Use the Search box to get quickly to a page that may otherwise be several layers deep in the Portal hierarchy. For example, suppose I want to check the status of the ECP networking:

2 3
0 293

What are other's thoughts, opinions and experiences going from CSP to RESTful services, specifically when it comes to reusing code in CSP files?

One could define a method in CSP as follows:

<script language="cache" method="SubmitSomethingAwesome" arguments="aswesomeId:%Numeric">

And it's generated in csp.mycsppage.cls ascsp.mycsppage.SubmitSomethingAwesome(awesomeId as %Numeric).

Have people had success defining there rest call by calling the generated CSP classmethod?

Things that work well I've found:

0 3
0 293

Do to unforseen circumstances the Atelier build that was distributed with the Cache 2016.2 field test had certain incompatibilites which prevented it's effective use with the server that it was bundled with.

We are working on remediating this regretable situation and will provide a compatible Atelier in the 2016.2 field test refresh which is scheduled for today Monday, 1st of Februrary.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience so caused.

0 4
0 293