InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,877 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Sep 1, 2021
Database increase a lot

Hello,

The database is increasing a lot (almost a 1TB) and getting bigger with no sense after migration, the use of the plataform did not increase after the migration so is strange for us this increase.

how can I check everything is ok in the database? for example any table getting bigger.

Before the migration the logs were like:

07/22/21-17:18:26:304 (19701) 0 Starting Expansion for database /opt/Intersystems/HS/HS_201521705/mgr/cachetemp/. 276 MB requested.

0 7
0 502

Introduction

With the growing popularity of smart phones and tablet computers, consumers are coming to expect that software solutions will be presented as "apps" on their mobile devices. The challenge for most application developers is to find ways to make their existing solutions run on modern mobile platforms without incurring the delay and cost of a complete rewrite.

0 0
0 215

Hi guys,

I'm running a method on an instance of Cache 2010, which, when compiled, has $$$OK in it's .int code. This line throws an error, telling me that "the OK macro isn't recognized".

Some things I've tried;

- I looked it %occStatus, and the macro definition of OK is there.

- I changed $$$OK to 1 by hand in the .int code. It compiled successfully, but each time I recompile the original class, it's going to put that $$$OK back

0 4
0 481
Question
· Nov 11, 2015
Linux provider change question

Hi -

If you have Cache installed on a Cent OS machine, and you want to switch the OS to Red Hat 7, and your Caché is installed on a non-OS drive, do you need to reinstall Caché?

I don't think so, but I wanted to check

0 2
0 339

In Persistent class, a data global is created which holds the data similar to the table created . Through terminal we can add more records to this table according to the structure of the table. How are the records reflected back into the table which has been set at global . In other words How are the global mapped to the SQL table?

0 2
0 562

A client stated to me that they are trying to eliminate SMTP servers from their network and want all email to be sent through their Microsoft Exchange Server. Admittedly I am not very knowledgable of the workings of Exchange Server.

Are there customers sending email notifications through Exchange Server? How is this accomplished? Does Exchange Server act as a SMTP server allowing use of the Email adapter or is there some other mechanism that must be used to communicate with a Microsoft Exchange Server?

0 2
0 520

I need to create a KPI similar to the DeepSee.Model.KPIs.DemoTrendLines kpi in Samples. This kpi supports a scorecard widget with a trend line. It shows patient counts by city with a trend line of the count of patients over a decade. What I want is to show the trend line based on the average allergy score ([Measures].[Avg Test Score]). A pivot table query that shows the data I would want to base the trend line on is:

0 3
0 304

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has coded up a means to create an extension for a %Persistent class from a base class to a sub-class without making a ton of assumptions about the Global structure. I'm trying to create a new "extension" record that would have the same ID as the Base Class

Class BaseRecord Extends %Persistent

and

Class SubRecord Extends BaseRecord

where I would have an instance of a "BaseRecord" and I want to turn it into a "SubRecord" instance and have all of the existing references to the BaseRecord survive.

0 7
0 407

Hi All,

I would like to merge json files. From a BPL we're running an operation to get data from a REST service cursors. We would like to run the REST calls until no cursor is present in the response of the rest call.

This works fine, but I would like to combine/merge the json outcome and write it to the disk.

See my attempt below for merging 2 json files.

Class Test.TestClass
{

0 4
0 337

[SQLCODE: <-400>:<Fatal error occurred>]
[Cache Error: <<MAXSTRING>zExecute+3^%sqlcq.LIM.cls1043369.1>]
[Location: <ServerLoop>]
[SQLCODE: <-400>:<Fatal error occurred>]
[Cache Error: <<MAXSTRING>zExecute+3^%sqlcq.LIM.cls1043369.1>]
[Location: <ServerLoop>]
at InterSystems.Data.CacheClient.CacheADOConnection.GetServerError(Int32 rc)
at InterSystems.Data.CacheClient.CacheADOConnection.processError(Int32 error, Int32 allowError)

0 3
0 237

What are the best steps for troubleshooting printing to a Windows printer from Cache. The printer has been configured in the Windows Printer Manager and has been able to print a test page (from the windows print manager).

The device has been configured in Cache -> Sys Admin -> Config -> Device Settings -> Devices with properly formatted |PRN|printer device name and "W" for open parameters and 101 for Alias.

0 2
0 482

Hi,

We are using Cache to generate HTML pages (complete with Javascript), which we are reading in an Android phone App's WebView.

If, when we generate HTML as follows:

<html>

<body bgcolor='red'>

Hello World

</body>

</html>

Reading this is iPad gets what you would expect, a red page with Hello World written in it.

However in Android phone, the page is both white and blank.

0 16
0 291

I want to do some logic based on what environment code is running in. I can't find a built-in function to retrieve this so I'd like to write a custom function. Does anyone know of a command that would get the current environment?

0 9
0 646

Hi,

I have been trying to implement SPA using routing between two components in a CSP page.

If i use the line which i commented the page views and gets data from the vue instance (when not using the <route-view> and other 2 vue route functions below).

since i need to implement routing i am using as below, now the property "selectedYear" is not getting data from vue instane and i am getting the below error as well.

I dont know whether i am going down the right path.

please see my code below and help me

0 1
1 1.8K

Hello, I am writing to you because I am receiving a strange error on our Integration server after restoring a Production copy.

On other occasions we had restored the Production copy on this server without problems (in fact it was done weekly)

After restoring the copy when entering the Studio this error appears:

0 3
0 121

Hi All,

Can someone help me getting the security features & standards which InterSystmes Cache adheres to ISO 27001 & other security & privacy standards.

Also if you can tell me the algorithm used for database encryption & key strength by default.

This is required for a security audit.

Thanks in advance.
Ashish

0 2
0 486