I am under the impression that inside HealthShare you can Services, Processes, and Operations. The service takes incoming data, the processes can process that data, and then the operations can send that data out.

I am curious if anyone has any experience, guides, or advice on how I can send data to a service using a Java application. I intend for the data to be in XML format. I am also curious if I succeed at picking up the data in the service, how I send the data back to the Java application using an Operation.

0 2
0 321
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,007 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Developers!

This is the second post on the resources for Developers. This part is about Open Exchange

Using Open Exchange to Learn InterSystems

InterSystems Open Exchange is a applications gallery of tools, connectors, and libraries which InterSystems Developers submit to share the experience, approaches and do business. All the applications are either built with InterSystems data platforms or are intended to use for development with InterSystems data platforms.

If you are a beginner developer you can take a look at applications in Technology Example category. All the applications in this category come with open source code repositories, so you are able to run the samples and examples in a docker container with IRIS on your laptop or in the cloud IRIS sandbox. Examples:

0 0
0 320
Article
· Jan 28, 2022 2m read
Embedded SQL Bug and Workaround

We recently encountered an Embedded SQL issue while upgrading to IRIS 2021.1, and thought the issue and workaround might be interesting to share.

Key takeaway: Host variables in an ORDER BY clause of an embedded SQL query that is inside of a method don't work as expected. IRIS versions starting with 2020.1 are affected. As a workaround, add the host variable to the Method's PublicList list and "new" them so the embedded query has access to them.

6 1
0 320
Question
· Oct 16, 2019
Ensemble dynamic archive path

Hello,

Is there an elegant way to define a dynamic "Archive path" for EnsLib.File.InboundAdapter ?

What i mean is to have a sub-folders structure (under the root archive path) with a name similar to: yyyymmdd
This way the adapter "could" store the files on those sub-folders (and create a new one for the 1st file for a specific date).

When a production is processing hundreds of thousands of files every day, we might end up with an archive with huge number of files (many millions) which is then hard to handle (read, search) especially on Windows O/S.

1 1
1 320
Question
· Jul 26, 2016
Find mapped file

Hello, guys.

I have a set of file names (e.g. file.cls, file2.mac and so on) and I need to check whether these files are mapped in %ALL or current namespace.

I found that if I open Globals in the current namespace I can see mapped packages. And If I open this global I see all files that are to this namespace and %SYS. The problem is these files are enumerated in a json object(apparently)

ex. "{""class"":{""%Activate.Enum"":{},""%Activate.GenericObject"":{""CreateObject"":0,""GetObject"":0},""%Activate.HandleEvents"")

2 1
0 320

What is Selective Build?

Selective Build is a BI feature in InterSystems IRIS (introduced in version 2020.1). Selective Build allows you to build specific elements of your cube while keeping your cube online.

What is special about Selective Build?

Before getting into the details of Selective Build, a brief recap of the different phases during a regular cube build is important. Here are the phases in a regular cube build:
1) Delete existing data in cube
2) Populate cube with full set of data
3) Build all indices in the cube

0 0
0 320
Article
· Mar 2, 2023 4m read
Tutorial - Streams in Pieces

This tutorial is a follow on to Working with %Query
It was displaying the content of the input stream chopped in fixed-size chunks.
But often those streams are structured and have well-defined separators (e.g HL7)
So as a side subject of this tutorial, this chapter shows how to break a stream into PIECES.

It is exactly the same idea as the $PIECE() function for strings with some add-ons.

12 1
1 320

Hi All!

I asked previously about the DR server in the cloud but actually, I'm curious about the backup server to use as analytics server more than for recovery in DR case.

There is a recommended practice to use an async mirror as a server for BI (InterSystems Analytics, DeepSee)

The question is if I have PRIMARY in the cloud (AWS, Google, Azure, etc) "how far" should async mirror member be placed? Same cloud, same private cloud or it doesn't matter at all for analytics purposes?

0 3
0 320

Hi everyone,

I have an existing application on HealthShare 2015 and decide to move it to HealthShare 2018 to make use of Atelier support. I am using Eclipse Photon with Atelier Plugin 1.3.

Most of things are working better on Atelier comparing with Built-in studio of HealthShare. However, when I tried debugging CSP file with Atelier I encounter 2 problems:

0 1
0 319

I am trying to use current implementation of source Control for Cache Studio in Atelier, but UserAction = 3 "Run an EXE on the client" is not working. Basically Atelier is launching a "page" using the target as url.

Am I missing any settings in order to command Atelier to run a exe command instead?

Cache Version: Cache 2017.2.0.744.0

Platform: Windows 10

0 5
0 319
Announcement
· Jul 6, 2023
DEVBOX

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3pao-TwPHkc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

Hi Community,

I'm pleased to announce DEVBOX, the code anywhere IDE for IRIS.

Please watch the video and let me know what you think. Would you use it?

All the best,
Sean.

10 5
1 319

Hi Community! InterSystems will be a technical sponsor at CalHacks hackathon by UC Berkeley, October 14-16 2022.
We can't reveal our challenge at the moment, but as a little spoiler - it is related to healthcare ;)

The team from our side @Evgeny Shvarov @Dean Andrews @Regilo Regilio Guedes de Souza @Akshat Vora and more!

Join InterSystems in this fun and inspirational event - apply to be a mentor, volunteer, or judge here

1 0
0 319

For the upcoming Python contest, I would like to make a small demo, on how to create a simple REST application using Python, which will use IRIS as a database. Using this tools

• FastAPI framework, high performance, easy to learn, fast to code, ready for production
  • SQLAlchemy is the Python SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper that gives application developers the full power and flexibility of SQL
  • Alembic is a lightweight database migration tool for usage with the SQLAlchemy Database Toolkit for Python.
  • Uvicorn is an ASGI web server implementation for Python.

5 5
2 319