InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,763 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I was able to define ECP connection in Installer class that I run when I build docker image for my Docker IRIS application. Now I start to use Amazon ECS and Autoscaling. When a new instance is created and it runs the IRIS container, I want it to "register" as an Application server on the remote database server. What code can I execute to add an ip address as an Application Server?

1 2
0 369

InterSystems FAQ rubric

You can programmatically retrieve routine dates and sizes using the RoutineList query of the %Library.Routine (or just %Routine) class.

The RoutineList query has an argument, and the routine name to be searched can be specified by prefix match or middle match. (For wildcards, specify * or ?)

In the example below, *.MAC is specified as an argument.

5 2
0 409

Hi, I was hoping that someone could point me to the error in my ways. I am trying to follow the examples to setup Ensemble 2017.1 in a docker container on an Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine.

I have a directory that contains

Dockerfile
cache.key
ensemble-lnxubuntux64.tar.gz

When I execute:

docker build -t ensemble-simple .

I am getting the following error:

0 2
0 7.9K

The Great Outdoors campaign is running on Global Masters and we invite you to join!

The main goal of this campaign is to drive answers for unanswered questions on DC so all the members get the answers they need. Your knowledge is so important for the community. It's time to share your expertise!

Complete all 7 challenges of this campaign till September 15, 2020 to enter a raffle to win a $50 VISA Card*!

Also, you can participate even if you are not a Global Masters participant - read below how:

2 2
0 134

I've run into an issue where job IDs are being retained through multiple calls. My team is doing a rewrite of our system that allows VB6 apps and web apps to directly interact with our Cache databases.

The new process has those applications calling into a WebAPI which then calls into the routines.

0 2
0 211
Question
· Oct 26, 2017
Content-Type in REST

Greetings to all!!! How to get the value of the Content-Type field from the object of the class %Stream.Object obtained with:

stream=% request.GetMimeData (FormDataName, 1) 

I tried:

0 2
0 422

Introduction

Say you have a receiving system that accepts HL7 and provides error messages in field ERR:3.9 in the ACK it returns. You require a different reply code action depending on the error message, however the Reply Code Actions settings for the operation do not provide this level of granularity. One option could be to create a process that takes the ACK and then completes the action you were expecting, however things can get a bit messy if the action is to retry the message, especially when trying to view a message trace.

8 2
1 621

Too often users finding themselves in need of a software solution do not consider “open source” vs. “proprietary” alternative. Most of them either have their go-to favorite developer or just google for reviews and ready-made answers. However, this alternative must be the starting point of their search, as the decision has the most consequences.

It is not an overstatement to say that open source is the future of technology, albeit, it has its own unique challenges. Here is what users, especially corporate users should consider choosing the software for their business needs.

2 2
0 1K

How can I create a calculated member in Analyzer using MDX for the following logic?

WHEN 'F' THEN 'FEMALE'
WHEN 'Female' THEN 'FEMALE'
WHEN 'M' THEN 'MALE'
WHEN 'Male' THEN 'MALE'
WHEN 'U' THEN UNDIFFERENTIATED'
WHEN 'UN' THEN UNDIFFERENTIATED'
WHEN 'Undifferentiated' THEN UNDIFFERENTIATED'
ELSE 'OTHER'
END

0 2
0 195

Hi-

I have searched through documentation, etc and see many mentions of using Ensemble / Health Connect along with the Java Gateway to interface with JMS Queues, but see no specific documentation on how to do this.

Does anyone have any information, or a concise example of using the Java Gateway to allow Ensemble / Health Connect to be able to place messages and retrieve messages from a JMS Queue?

Thanks

0 2
0 770

🏆 Create an innovative service for Krasnaya Polyana IT cluster participants and locals! 🏆

Steford group together with the Polyana IT community with the support of InterSystems Corporation invite you to join Polyana App 2020 Hackathon!

If you are suddenly now in Krasnaya Polyana, Sochi, Russia and want to share your ideas, your IT & business energy, come, participate, suggest and cheer for the teams on December 12-13 at the Steford coworking space. Or participate online!

Create the most helpful service for local IT infrastructure, business, and citizens and get the first prize of $1,400 and the opportunity to participate in the InterSystems track of MIT Grand Hack 2021!

More details in English can be found here.

➡️ Visit the official landing page in Russian.

7 2
0 205

I setup a linked server to a cache database to query the data and when I try an query the data I get

OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' for linked server 'xxx' returned data that does not match expected data length for column '[MSDASQL].CSFAELIGVENCITY'. The (maximum) expected data length is 20, while the returned data length is 23.

Should I be using a different driver when setting up the DSN?

0 2
0 4.1K

We are using Native .NET API from IRISProviderCore21 package, inside .NET Core app, and having issue when trying to call function that takes instance of the class as parameter. The server is IRIS 2020.1.0.217.1

In a nutshell, the code looks like this:

// Create instance of the parameter class, proxy object

var paramObject = iris.ClassMethodObject("MyParameterClass", "%New") as IRISObject;

paramObject.Set("property", "value");

0 2
0 229

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a sort of REST interoperability adapter that can forward REST calls within HealthConnect. If necessary, we need to adjust the requests or responses.

For Fhir calls, we use the FHIR Interoperability Adapter. This works perfectly; a message comes in as HS.FHIRServer.Interop.Request, and a message HS.FHIRServer.Interop.Response goes out. I can make adjustments as needed to both the request and response. I am looking for the same functionality, but then for non-FHIR REST calls.

0 2
0 136
Question
· Jan 11, 2018
How to use zb to debug

Hi,

I want to monitor some variables in my program.

So I do this "zb *varname", however, i don't really want to get break went the program touch "varname" every time.

I only want to get break when certain conditions are meet. For example, $d(varname(1,2,3)) > 0, then break.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks.

0 2
0 344

Hi -

I know this is very "newby" of me, but here goes..

I have moved some classes onto my server, but these have never been in VSCode as edited files, and I'm just not finding the magic command or button or drop-down that says "pull this file from the server and make me a local copy to edit. I can see the class files on the server using the ObjectScript plugin - but I just can't find out where to make a local copy for editing

Thanks

0 2
0 182

Hello guys,

Based on this article (others as well, but this is the relevant one): http://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=...

I have been playing around with the Management Portal deployment tool, which involves:
Ensemble > Manage > Deployment Changes > Deploy and
Production Settings > Actions > Export
Production Settings > Actions > Re-Export

Everything was going fine , until I came across this:

0 2
0 397
Discussion
· Jun 29, 2023
The idea for iris-user-manager

I want to deploy IRIS apps running in containers in Kubernetes with user accounts configured.

I have a %ZSTART routine which looks for an XML file with Users export data and if the %ZSTART routine finds this file, it imports it. This Users export data can be obtained by running a class method.

I have defined a task which can be scheduled or run on demand. This tasks imports user data from an XM file.

In Kubernetes I can provide a ConfigMap to stage the Users data for the %ZSTART routine.

1 2
0 167

Everything you need to know about VS Code for InterSystems technologies.

With the announcement of the deprecation of Studio, George James Software are here to make moving to VS Code as smooth as possible. Our expertise in InterSystems technologies and active contributions to the development of VS Code itself, as well as creating and maintaining a range of VS Code extensions, provide us with comprehensive knowledge and experience to guide you step-by-step so you're set up and ready to work in VS Code.

3 2
0 265