Hi,

I'm very new to InterSystems Health Connect so may be doing something silly...

I'm trying to link to an Oracle DB view using the Link Table Wizard in the Management Portal. The wizard finds the view, but when I select it and click the 'next' button I get an error on the 'Select Columns' screen: 'ERROR #5534: Columns error' (and no columns show in the wizard). I've tried on several views and tables in the same DB but keep hitting the same error.

0 2
0 298
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,783 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hello,

Recently I have been tinkering with VSCode and ObjectScript extension to connect to my dockerized IRIS instance. I have configured the instance to use Apache as a Web Gateway as per instructions and it has been working well. Currently I'm using a self-signed certificate for the SSL part of the connection. The browser nags about insecure certs when connecting to Management Portal but that's expected.

However when I try to connect to the instance with VSCode it simply fails with the following error message

0 10
0 634

Hi Community,

We'll show you the recent changes to InterSystems HealthShare Clinical Viewer and what is coming next:

InterSystems HealthShare Clinical Viewer: New & Next

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8kZlLAJ-WBw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
0 317

Say I've been developing a web application that uses IRIS as the back end. I've been working on it with unauthenticated access. It's getting to the point where I would like to deploy it to users, but first I need to add authentication. Rather than using the default IRIS password authentication, I'd like users to sign in with my organization's Single Sign On, or some other popular identity provider like Google or GitHub. I've read that OpenID Connect is a common authentication standard, and it's supported by IRIS. What is the simplest way to get up and running?

7 2
3 837

It has been asked a few times recently, how one can make Laravel Framework work with InterSystems IRIS Data Platform. It's been a while since this post about Laravel and InterSystems Caché was published. To bring it up to date, the article gives a brief instruction set on how to setup and configure a Laravel project for use with InterSystems IRIS through ODBC.

What is Laravel?

9 4
2 908

I'd like to announce the release of something really rather interesting - revolutionary in fact. That may sound like hyperbole, but I don't think you'll have seen anything quite like this, or even thought it possible!

We've pushed out a new JavaScript/Node.js module named glsdb which you can read all about here in detail:

https://github.com/robtweed/glsdb

6 8
1 319

When I try to run Interoperability -> Interface Maps in 2022.1 on a very large namespace, I keep getting timeout errors. Even though I add filtering by Category, Text Search, etc... it still errors out no matter what. However if it is ran in one of our smaller namespaces it runs just fine. WRC told us the namespace is too big, however that should not matter on how many services, processes, and operations you have running.

1 18
0 585
Article
· Dec 1, 2022 1m read
My First FHIR app

I participated in InterSystems Women’s Health FHIR contest, because I loved the challenge to learn a new-to-me technology. I wanted to develop an app that receives data from a mobile device like my Fitbit or a Smart Watch. I did not get access to such data except when I downloaded a spreadsheet (CSV file) showing my daily steps and sleep data. I saw in iris-fhir-template it imported some patient data to a FHIR server.

4 1
0 336

Hey Community,

Do you want to get help, discuss an interesting feature, make an announcement or share your knowledge? In this post, we will tell you how to do it all.

To make it easier to navigate this "how to" just follow the contents:

General guidelines

To begin, you need to click on the "New post" button in the top menu of the Developer Community site:

After that, you will see the editor that will give you the choice of creating a Question, an Announcement, an Article, or a Discussion. Different types of posts have their own sets of mandatory and optional fields.

20 13
0 895

Here you'll find a simple program that uses Python in an IRIS environment and another simple program that uses ObjectScript in a Python environment. Also, I'd like to share a few of the troubles I went trough while learning to implement this.

Python in IRIS environment

Let's say, for example, you're in an IRIS environment and you want to solve a problem that you find easy, or more efficient with Python.

You can simply change the environment: create your method as any other, and in the end of it's name and specifications, you add [ Language = python ]:

11 9
5 1.6K

After some trials, I am comfortably on my way developing spec first REST APIs using /api/mgmt/, OpenAPI 2.0, testing with Postman.

My question is related to scaling up.

Assume these things:

- Our software is CSP web app and it's web application is '/csp/application'

- I created a new REST enabled web app called '/csp/application/v1' and for my first API I created a spec that defines an endpoint /getTeapots so the endpoint is localhost/csp/application/v1/getTeapots

- Using the /api/mgmt/ endpoint, I loaded the spec into API.TeapotLibrary

0 6
0 420
Article
· Nov 4, 2022 9m read
VIP in AWS

If you're running IRIS in a mirrored configuration for HA in AWS, the question of providing a Mirror VIP (Virtual IP) becomes relevant. Virtual IP offers a way for downstream systems to interact with IRIS using one IP address. Even when a failover happens, downstream systems can reconnect to the same IP address and continue working.

11 5
4 2.3K
Article
· Aug 2, 2022 8m read
Data models in InterSystems IRIS

Before we start talking about databases and different data models that exist, first we'd better talk about what a database is and how to use it.

A database is an organized collection of data stored and accessed electronically. It is used to store and retrieve structured, semi-structured, or raw data which is often related to a theme or activity.

At the heart of every database lies at least one model used to describe its data. And depending on the model it is based on, a database may have slightly different characteristics and store different types of data.

To write, retrieve, modify, sort, transform or print the information from the database, a software called Database Management System (DBMS) is used.

The size, capacity, and performance of databases and their respective DBMS have increased by several orders of magnitude. It has been made possible by technological advances in various areas, such as processors, computer memory, computer storage, and computer networks. In general, the development of database technology can be divided into four generations based on the data models or structure: navigational, relational, object and post-relational.

16 5
4 1.5K