InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,766 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Dec 5, 2019
IRIS GUI/DTL Rewrite

Hi,

I've heard from two different sources the SMP (or parts of it) and for sure the DTL front end (in studio? via SMP?) have been rewritten to be more modern. But on a latest IRIS Community download everything looks the same to me. Am I missing something or is this Marketting Spin?

Hopefully I won't get banned for this post aswell......

1 2
0 297

Olá pessoal,

Compartilho material de um curso desenvolvido por mim, espero que possa ajudar a comunidade.

English:

Hi folks,

I share material from a course developed by me, I hope it can help the community. The material is in Portuguese.

Link: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/cristianojs_material-te%C3%B3rico-activity-6608421528906285056-sr8E

4 2
2 182

I am generating the DDL from a modeling tool - ERStudio. But the DDL has 2 issues right now.

DROP TABLE schema_name. CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;
The Constraints is not supported but works with the statement - DROP TABLE Study_Definition.EVENT_STORE CASCADE;

Second if there is no object to drop, it throws an error, so is there a check like in sql server If_Exists that we can use in CacheDB?

0 1
0 212

Hello,

I've got a table with many attributes and data. There is 10 000 000 registrations approximatly.

I need to make a research on this table with filters, paging, and order.

You can see an example of my SQL request :

SELECT * FROM ( SELECT TOP ALL * FROM ANCV_Data.Titre WHERE etatTitre = 'Emis' ORDER BY numRemise desc) v WHERE %vid BETWEEN 1 AND 25

Cause there are many data on my table, my SQL req is too long if I don't have index on my attributes BUT there are many associations possible...

0 1
0 205

Hi Community,

New session recording from Global Summit 2019 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

The Data Management and Analytics Landscape

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wuuCQ6erMFs
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 164

I am writing an API that sends over a very large JSON object.

The code I'm using to get the data is actually used in our production system today for the use of writing a report.

However when I call the code using the API (using SoapUI) I am getting 'Error getting response; java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out'

The web applications settings have a session timeout setting at 15 minutes, but this is timing out within just a few minutes, so I know it's not hitting this mark.

0 3
0 289

This post provides further detail on the suggestions from the DeepSee Troubleshooting Guide about what to do if a user is not able to view a listing in a DeepSee cube, but instead sees errors like this:

ERROR #5540: SQLCODE: -99 Message: User <username> is not privileged for the operation [zfindStatement+118^%SQL.DynamicStatement.1:<namespace>] (8)

1 1
0 809

Hello,

I have a couple of IOT devices that communicate via WebSockets to our backend.

I successfully managed to create a websocket connection between server and (iot)client using %CSP.WebSocket
However I would like to implement authentication on this using the HTTP headers at the same time of Connection: Upgrade.

I tried to set the headers to globals in order to debug but they are always empty.

Example code:

0 1
0 253

Hi Developers!

For those who want to participate in the Advent of Code 2019 and code with ObjectScript in IRIS, I created a very simple but handy Github Template.

Use the green button

to copy template in your own repo, clone the repo and run in the repo folder:

docker-compose up -d

you will get InterSystems IRIS 2019.4 Community Edition running with the template classes to load input data from files and Day1 solution.

This is also set up to start crafting solutions of Advent of Code 2019 and edit, compile and debug ObjectScript with VSCode addon.

Happy coding with Advent of Code 2019!

0 0
0 249

BridgeWorks is pleased to announce a VDM, v9.1.0.1. This release includes the following updates:

Updates

• Historical Linking is now based off connection profile name
  • Saved Formatting is now based off connection profile name
  • Tables and Fields column headers no longer hide based on connection type

Bug Fixes

1 0
1 203
Question
· Dec 2, 2019
Operation System Permission

Hi all...

I am try to execute a class method from JDBC connection. My method are simple, just create a file at $HOME like this:

set sc='$zf(-1,"touch $HOME/lixo.txt > /var/tmp/log666 2>&1")

I put a log file to this commnad because it's don't work, and in log file i get this:

touch: cannot touch ‘/root/lixo.txt’: Permission denied

after to try other commands I found that user and enviromnent variables are diferents:
I try this:

0 8
0 265

Having developed systems using Caché ObjectScript and Ensemble on various projects over the last 4 - 5 years I'm considering trying for some certifications. I've found details of the Caché Systems Administrator and Caché Application Developer certifications but have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a certification for Ensemble Application Developer?

2) Are any sample questions and/or practice exams available?

Thanks

3 2
0 1.6K

Hi Team,
If any possible to add a rewards list of InterSystems cache certification to InterSystems Global Masters. For example ,developer or global master user have 10000 point as , we give any offer(price) to attend the InterSystems cache/Ensemble/IRIS certificate. So no.of developer try to attend the exam and get certification.This is very useful for developer career and we also have lot of Cache developers in the market. Please correct me, if I am wrong..

Thanks ,
Ponnumani Gurusamy.

3 1
0 340
Question
· Nov 18, 2019
Cache vs IRIS install

Has the Cache install been replaced with IRIS? Sorry if this is a silly question. I remember downloading Cache before and using Cache studio. I can't seem to find a download for that anymore, just IRIS? I did grab that and I'm able to connect Studio to what I need.

If there is still a Cache download, where can I find it?

Thanks!

0 4
0 784

Hello Community,

I would like to work in SQL developer with the tables from Caché.

Is it possible with JDBC tool?

What is the whole process in order to work in SQL developer? I have the access information to Caché, but i can only choose in SQL Developer software only Oracle or MySQL database type, therefore i think, that have to install any other tool.

Thank you in advance for your help!

br,

bálint

0 2
0 693