Hello developers!

Share the best practices: 1) saving frequently used code sections, 2) quickly finding it, and 3) quickly including it into the current program?
There was a thought for 1,2 to use DC(this resource), but the search is not always convenient not only for me

The idea on the surface is to use the git repos wiki.
Are there any other best practices?

0 12
0 202

I am trying to use EnsLib.SQL.Operation.GenericOperation for retrieving (multiple) rows. But I am looking for a way to handing a StreamContainer returned by the operation, in my business process such as receiving it in the Context object and packing it to a request to call another business operation.

Does anyone have sample code to do this?

Thanks.

1 2
0 202
Question
· Sep 8, 2021
Force YYYY format

Hi Guys,

when using $ZD(mydate,4) sometimes it returns year as 4 digits and sometimes two, and the documentation is saying ([YY]YY is a two-digit year if hdate falls within the active window for two-digit years; otherwise it is a four-digit year), what active window for two means and how can I force the year to be always 4 digits ?

Thanks

0 2
0 202

Is there a way to add specific table permissions to a security role programmatically? I'm working on scripting some of the initial setup work when we sell certain add-ons to our software, and I see how I can assign resources to a role and give it a description, but I don't see how I tell it that this role gives the user, for example, SELECT privileges only on the invoices table, or SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE.

0 1
1 202

I am trying to do package mapping in the %ALL NameSpace.

I create a new Package Mapping entry and select my database bu the "Package Name" combo box never populates the packages in this database so I cannot select it, see screenshot below, the "Package Name" list remains empty. There definately are packages in that database. Why is this happening? Did I miss a setting?

0 1
0 201

Hey folks - I'm working on some training materials and I'm looking for a paragraph or two and/or a diagram that illustrates their record IO flow. Does anyone know of a good outline of how records are moved into the database and committed?

0 2
0 201

Hello Community,

I am still pretty new to Ensemble, Cashé, or ObjectScript. My question is this how can I tell when a file was finished and read fully? Currently, I have an EnsLib.FilePassthroughService reads a file from a designated file path and moves it to an archive file path. I need to set up an alert or a notification that can tell me once the file has been read in its entirety and has been moved out of its current file path.

0 3
0 201

Consider a Natural Key with an Identity (Serial) field.

I cannot seem to acquire the generated value after persisting my entity. That is, the returned entity by Spring Data's "save" does not have the generated value.

The value is generated by the database, and I can query it after repository.save(entity).

I have done some testing and created a Github repo with it...

0 1
0 201
Question
· Sep 16, 2020
More than 1 cursor in a class

I have a class that has 2 different cursors for different queries, audit1 and audit2. which are in 2 different methods. The first query runs fine, but the second one generates a 102 error.

Is there an issue with having more than 1 cursor in a class?

Has anyone seen this before?

0 2
0 201

anyone know of a simple way to search a blob of text from a list of keywords in one fell swoop, without having to iterate through each keyword and perform an individual search? Ex.

s keywords="This,blob,text"

s text = "This is a sample blob of text"

i text[keywords w "hit"

0 2
0 201

I have a list of 300 code combinations in the following format, which I plan to load into a global

X123, Internal health

X234, external health

X345, Peripheral health etc..

I want to get the code from the DG1 segment, compare to the global, and add a description. Is there an easy way to do it?

So in my DG1 segment If I get the code X123, what I want to do is check if the code is in the global and if it does add the description in the field.

So DG1 will look like this:

0 7
0 201
Question
· Jul 6, 2023
REST Documentation Confusion

I had attempted to create a REST Operation before but did not have success. As I am going through the Tutorials and Documentation everything references REST services, but I have a case where I want to create a REST Operation that makes Epic API calls against Interconnect. I have done SOAP operations before and we currently have one in our Production Namespace, but from what I understand SOAP has the wsdl which defines al the structures and etc, where REST does not.

0 1
1 201

Can the built-in $System.Encryption.TOTP() function be used in conjunction with Authenticator Apps (e.g. Google, Microsoft, and so on)?

Providing the same secret/key to a variety of authentication apps, they all return the same synchronized value. However, passing the same secret/key to $System.Encryption.TOTP() is generating a different value (with all instances executing at the same time for comparison).

0 1
0 201

Hi *,

I want to dynamically generate the arguments of a method during compile time.

'For example, I want the following method

ClassMethod DoCleverStuf() As %Status [ CodeMode = objectgenerator ]
{
    do %code.WriteLine("    Set tSC = $$$OK")
}

to look like this in the .int code.

ClassMethod DoCleverStuf(pValue1 As %Integer, pValue2 As %String) As %Status [ CodeMode = objectgenerator ]
{
    // some generated code will be here
}

Is this possible? Or alternativel;y, can I generate a whole method at compile time?

Thanks.

0 2
0 201

HI *,

So last night I was doing a deployment which had a query to select from a large dataset of joined tables, to iterate through and populate data in a new table.

This was done in a classmethod using embedded SQL and the %PARALLEL keyword.
On a testing environment with the same dataset, this worked perfectly a few days earlier.

0 2
0 201

Hi!

Currently, I'm working on a script using %SYS.Journal API.

My journal files are compressed, following the documentation the compression is zstd.

I tried to unzip a file with zstd tool, ex:

apt-get update
apt-get install zstd

zstd -d 20230806.001z -o 20230806.001

20230806.001z        : 92.03%   (909312 => 836859 bytes, 20230806.001) 

Unfortunately, the unzipped file is invalid:

Write ##class(%SYS.Journal.File).IsValidJournal("/usr/irissys/mgr/journal/20230806.001")

1 2
0 200
Question
· Aug 29, 2019
Create multiple dependent Tasks

Is it possible to create a task that will initiate a Business Service that is dependent on the completion of a separate EDI data process?

I have a complex data flow with multiple EDI processes where one process must run and produce one or more files that get deposited in the source folder for the next EDI process. The entire process is currently set up where 2 of the EDI processes execute at a specific time. The problem with that is when a network or server interruption occurs at the time they are supposed to start, it causes a complete failure of the entire process.

0 1
0 199

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to modify the provider portal using Trak to add a new column. Using the column editor to get the column to display on the page is relatively simple, but where I'm running into problems is modifying what will display in the column.

Essentially, it just needs to run a simple "if value in column A is in this list, display x, else display y" which is easy enough to write in ObjectScript, but the ISC documentation is relatively sparse about how to get a specific column to run that bit of code to display what I need it to.

0 1
0 199

Hello ,

I want the datagrid to reflect values based on the value i select in the Combobox. How to pass value from the combobox to the

altJSONSQLProvider parameter and reload the datagrid ?

My combobox defines below method on change.

onchange="zenPage.rowSelected(zenThis.getValue());"

<altJSONSQLProvider id="PatchClassJsonId" OnGetSQL="GetSQL" >
<parameter paramName="1" value="C"/>
</altJSONSQLProvider>

<dataGrid

</dataGrid>

0 1
0 199