InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,808 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I've poked through the class documentation and globals and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, namely a mechanism that will give me the PropName key and value for each of the Items in an EnsLib.HL7.SearchTable definition. Is there some sort of query that will turn the list of Items in the XData SearchSpec section into a key/value pair of some sort?

For example:

0 1
0 192
Question
· Jun 1, 2021
Storing a %DynamicObject

I've been tasked with an interface that needs to supply some additional metadata for the indexing of HL7v2 messages. After toying with a couple of ideas, I thought that it would be useful to subclass EnsLib.HL7.Message, add a %DynamicObject property, and store the metadata in it (it ends up getting sent to the target in JSON form anyway).

And, well, it seems to work just fine ... so far.

0 4
0 660

When using Studio, ODBC or a terminal connection to Caché or Ensemble, you may have wondered how to secure the connection. One option is to add TLS (aka SSL) to your connection. The Caché client applications - TELNET, ODBC and Studio - all understand how to add TLS to the connection. They just need to be configured to do it.

Configuring these clients is easier in 2015.1 and later. I'm going to be discussing this new method. If you're already using the old, legacy method, it will continue to work, but I would recommend you consider switching to the new one.

25 7
3 5.5K

Hello,

We have a need to track Database changes over time - down to the SQL level of granularity if possible. Such as: User xyz runs routine ^abc and we get something similar to a changelog that tells us: table A had this value updated, insert, update etc....

Is that possible using IRIS level tools (Audit Log, Journal File, etc...) , is there a way to convert the global sets and kills from the journals into SQL level changes?

1 3
1 375

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Getting Started with IntegratedML

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f7A-wbNkIic
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 352

Hey Community,

Please join the next InterSystems online programming competition:

🏆 InterSystems FHIR Accelerator Programming Contest 🏆

Submit an application that uses InterSystems FHIR-as-a-service on AWS or helps to develop solutions using InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator.

Duration: May 10 - June 06, 2021

Total prize: $8,750

👉 Landing page 👈

6 15
    1 2.7K
    Question
    · Oct 29, 2020
    Reply with custom ACK

Hi,i have created a simple production with:

Business Service-EnsLib.HL7.Adapter.TCPInboundAdapter

Business Process - EnsLib.HL7.MsgRouter.RoutingEngine

Business Operation - EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter

the sending application requires a ACK wich is different than the ACK i choose from in the AckMode settings of the Business Service.

How do i create a custom ACK?

Thanks

0 4
    0 605

Hi community,

I am in the process of building a React Native Application for a restaurant.

I am not quite sure if we can use IRIS as the main database for this and if there is a possibility I am not quite sure how to do it.

If there is a possibility could some one help me out with it please?

Or do you think using AWS is a better choice?

Please let me know your ideas and guidelines in the comments or please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Hoping to hear soon.

Regards.

0 2
    1 309

HA backup strategy

we use Rose to do HA with cache2016.2, the database is placed on the hard disk array, which is essentially an instance, and the same array disk is mounted by rose switch, another mirror machine is made.

Is there any problem with this structure for disaster recovery and backup, I hope to give some advice. Thanks!

0 8
    0 282

Does InterSystems IRIS will support Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition (Visual Basic)?

We are in the process of transitioning Intersystems Cache 2017 to Intersystems IRIS 2020 version.

For terminal based applications we can able to use the same DAT file used for Cache with minor changes.

For Web based we are using Visual studio 6.0(Visual Basic). Will IRIS supports Visual Studio 6?

0 2
    0 202

when i connect to DB via DBeaver , it always report Connection refused, i tried both Cache and IRIS but same error, I have already download intersystems-jdbc-3.2.0.jar as IRIS Driver.

And meanwhile SqlDBx tool is able to connect via internal Intersystems Cache Driver.

0 2
    0 699
    Question
    · May 23, 2021
    HL7 learning

Hi Guys,

I'm new in HL7 and have seen the basic learning material in "HL7 Business Services and Business Operations" but I'm wondering if there are learning materials and samples that I can boost my HL7 knowledge pls?

Thanks

0 4
    0 214

Hi Developers,

Watch the execution of a speed test for a heavy-ingestion use case on InterSystems IRIS:

InterSystems IRIS Speed Test: High-Volume Ingestion

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIwGgssAANE
    [This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 0
    0 243

Hi all,

I'm looking for a user-friendly way to make a method library available in DTL, and by user-friendly I mean via '..MyMethod()' or '$$$MyMacro()' rather than '##class(MyPackage.MyClassName).MyMethod()'.

Does anybody know of a way to add a second superclass or a set of macros to a DTL ... or some other trick?

Cheers,

Otto

0 2
    0 189
    Article
    · May 28, 2021 1m read
    Fetch Upstream in GitHub

Hi colleagues!

Often when we collaborate to someone's repo in GitHub we do the following cycle:

Fork-Clone-Change-Commit-Push-Pull-Request-Merge to the original repo.

This is all great and works fine!

And if we want to make a second collaboration right after the merge you need to perform "Fetch upstream" to your forked repo first to "ingest" your own Pull-request in the original repo.

Geeky git-professionals do it with ease but this was always a headache for me so I usually simply deleted the fork and created a new one.

And today I figured that Github added a new UI feature that I can easily fetch-upstream for my fork with the original one and make it up to date and capable for pull-requests.

Here is where the button is:

This is a relief! )

Wanted to share this relief and productivity tip with you!

Bring more collaborations to Github repos!

And speaking of PR - I just made a PR with docker to Google Cloud Run deployment for the FHIRaaS demo made by @Anton Umnikov for the current FHIR Contest! Looking for more of your contributions!

9 0
    3 382

We need to know how to pass a certain value, which in the .NET world is described as a byte array (i.e. byte[])

Background:

We have various libraries that were created in .NET 4.5 that are registered for COM interom, an example that we have is as follows:

.NET Signature:

public static byte[] CreateQrCode(string content, int width, int height, string imageFormat)

.NET utilisation:

byte[] image = Writer.CreateQrCode("http://redacted/", 100, 100, "png");

0 4
    0 311

I am trying to populate a table using the sql Data Import Wizard. The input file is a tab delimited text file. But the import keeps failing with a 104 error showing validation for the columns which use %Library.TimeStamp and %Boolean datatypes is failing. Yet when I insert values into the table through a SQL insert command, the values get saved correctly in the table.

For the TimeStamp format in the wizard form, I am choosing YYYY-MM-DD-HH:MI:SS because there was no option for this format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.

0 4
    0 301

Hello,

I'm quite new at InterSystems. I have a business process that's pointing two different business operations, but one of them I don't want it to point to.

I went through the FileSystem settings, data transformations, classes, and code to see what it could be, but I don't see why its connecting to this second operation.

What other inner-system mechanics would I need to consider? What have might I have missed?

0 6
    0 129