InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,533 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jan 29, 2022
Calling Python Class Methods

Hi,

What is the Python syntax I can use from a ClassMethod (developed in an IRIS using embedded Python), in order to invoke another class method,

- in the same class; and

- in another class.

I see 'self' is synonymous to use $this (..) in ObjectScript, but these are ClassMethods I am invoking, and self did not seem to work.

thanks - Steve

1 5
0 453
Article
· Jan 24, 2022 1m read
GlobalToJSON-Academic

I have created a package that offers a utility to load a Global into JSON object and reverse
to create a Global from this type of JSON object. Academic refers to the structure created.
Each logical node of the Global is presented separately with all its descendants.
Even if they don't contain any stored data.

2 1
0 255
Article
· Jan 28, 2022 2m read
Embedded SQL Bug and Workaround

We recently encountered an Embedded SQL issue while upgrading to IRIS 2021.1, and thought the issue and workaround might be interesting to share.

Key takeaway: Host variables in an ORDER BY clause of an embedded SQL query that is inside of a method don't work as expected. IRIS versions starting with 2020.1 are affected. As a workaround, add the host variable to the Method's PublicList list and "new" them so the embedded query has access to them.

6 1
0 316

It's come to our attention that the built-in license in the InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 2021.1 Community Edition release is incorrectly set to expire on October 30, 2021.

There is no impact to any production versions (the Community Edition is for development purposes), but developers will find that their instances stop running and should replace them with new ones. For cases where replacing them is an issue, we have provided an override key.

2 16
1 1.3K

I have defined a class with a dynamic object property:

My class

The issue I encounter is that if a length of a serialized json property is more than 3641144 symbols, the object fails to save with the following error (either MAXSTRING or STRINGSTACK):

Length: 100 Result: OK
Length: 3641143 Result: OK
Length: 3641144 Result: OK
Length: 3641145 Result: ERROR #5002: ObjectScript error: <MAXSTRING>%GetSerial+1^%Library.DynamicAbstractObject.1
Length: 7282288 Result: ERROR #5002: ObjectScript error: <STRINGSTACK>%GetSerial+1^%Library.DynamicAbstractObject.1

Is there a workaround? I need to store moderately large jsons (10-15 Mb) and dynamic object properties allow for a very convenient access.

$ZSTORAGE is set to -1.

2 6
0 769

Hi....
I am trying to execute legacy routines from Cache 2018, into new environment with Iris 2021. I use new JDBC driver to make this connection, and change my java code to execute this legacy routines. But I get this write error: <REMOTE EXECUTE INVALID WRITE>
I changed the mnemonic routine to populate object and return this object to java. And the java class convert this object to json.
This is my simple classes used for this process, just to exemplification:

Java Class

0 3
0 310
Question
· Jan 26, 2022
usage of the ^STMONITS global

I am working with a client database that is growing exceptionally fast ( about 15G/day). As I understand it, the usage of the global ^STMONITS to gather statistics can consume a large amount of database space. This client in question is using this global. I would like to determine of the 1.7T size of the database, how much is being consumed with statistics data by the usage of the ^STMONITS global. Is there a method to get this value whether a size or percentage of the database overall size.

0 2
0 189

Hello,

I have been tinkering with FHIR recently and tried to update the FHIR servers Capability Statement after I made some changes. I updated an OAuth2.Issuer Service Registry entrys URL and needed to update the metadata which the FHIR server sends to the client so they can get the updated URL for the authorization server we use.

However, when I run the Console Setup tool with

0 2
0 340

I have a PDF ZEN report module that I'm using XslFoXslt to highlight the table cell.

What I need is for a particular value to add a background image to the <item> that is calling the XSLFoXslt

The code I have is the following but all that happens is the color.

0 7
0 1.2K

There is a major opportunity in South Africa for a complex WMS solution.

We have a long standing production warehouse management system, we need to partner with an organisation that has track record of such implementation in the past two (2) years.

Are there any partners out there that might be interested in a Joint Venture ?

0 1
0 395

Hi Developers,

I need to construct a string as xml which consists of "" in it. As example below

set teststr ="<book id="bk105"><author type="old">Corets, Eva</author><title>The Sundered Grail</title><genre>Fantasy</genre></book>"

giving error in the area where " in middle of the string (highlighted in bold)

Could anybody suggest to me, how to construct a static string in object scripts with " in it?

0 4
0 310
Article
· Jan 26, 2022 4m read
Container configuration management

If you're deploying to more than one environment/region/cloud/customer, you will inevitably encounter the issue of configuration management.

While all (or just several) of your deployments can share the same source code, some parts, such as configuration (settings, passwords) differ from deployment to deployment and must be managed somehow.

In this article, I will try to offer several tips on that topic. This article talks mainly about container deployments.

3 4
0 380

Requirement: Transform source XML message to target JSON.

step1: First create json equivalent xml from any online tool.

step2: use add in studio utility create persistent classes from json equivalent xml and compile it , now target persistent classes are ready

step3: Do the above step for source xml or xsd and generate persistent classes for source and compile it

step4: complete the DTL by selecting root node from source, target persistent classes and complete the mappings and compile it

5 0
0 359

Hey Community,

Learn about the changes we've made to InterSystems IRIS Containers, including security updates and the new web gateway container:

InterSystems IRIS Container Updates

https://www.youtube.com/embed/u5ccd1kifwQ
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

5 0
0 200