InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,531 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Astronomers’ tools

5 years ago, on December 19, 2013, the ESA launched an orbital telescope called Gaia. Learn more about the Gaia mission on the official website of the European Space Agency or in the article by Vitaly Egorov (Billion pixels for a billion stars).

However, few people know what technology the agency chose for storing and processing the data collected by Gaia. Two years before the launch, in 2011, the developers were considering a number of candidates (see “Astrostatistics and Data Mining” by Luis Manuel Sarro, Laurent Eyer, William O’Mullane, Joris De Ridder, pp. 111-112):

Comparing the technologies side-by-side produced the following results (source):

Technology Time
DB2 13min55s
PostgreSQL 8 14min50s
PostgreSQL 9 6min50s
Hadoop 3min37s
Cassandra 3min37s
Caché 2min25s

The first four will probably sound familiar even to schoolchildren. But what is Caché XEP?

10 9
1 960

Hi Community,

Welcome to the first InterSystems Spanish technical article writing competition! Write an article in Spanish on any topic related to InterSystems technology:

🏆 1st Spanish Tech Article Contest 🏆

Duration: February 1-28, 2022

Prizes for everyone: Everyone who publishes an article on Spanish Dev Community during this period will receive a special prize pack!

Main prize: Apple iPad

4 0
0 151
Question
· Jan 17, 2022
Docker container w/ IRIS

Hello everyone,

I am having a challenge with the IRIS community version in Docker with wsl2. Host machine is Win 11 and the IRIS/Ubuntu image is Ubuntu-20.04 from running 'wsl -l -v.

I am not able to reach the WebPortal in IRIS nor the Super User port. docker ps -a = containers.intersystems.com/intersystems/iris-community:2021.1.0.215.3 "/tini -- /iris-main" 3 weeks ago Up 26 hours (healthy) 0.0.0.0:1972->1972/tcp, 2188/tcp, 53773/tcp, 0.0.0.0:52773->52773/tcp, 54773/tcp iris

0 5
0 277
Question
· Jan 21, 2022
How to delete EnsEDI Globals?

When I installed the IRIS 2021.2 Community Edition, I found some Globals, which seem to be set for the Intersystems Ensemble and DeepSee products. For me that is an annoying design error in those products and only confusing my developers.

As I do not want to use these, I tried to delete them, because they interfere in the list of globals mixed with our own Globals.

But for several of the EnsEdi Globals I get an error message telling me, they can't be deleted, because they are wrong.

Is there a way to get rid of them? Or do I have to wait for a new IRIS version?

1 5
0 197

We are using the out-of-the-box IHE components to exchange CCDs with an external system. A requirement to audit the outbound CCDs has arisen.

Is there an existing report that will show these ? If not, how can we audit these?

Thank you for reading

0 1
0 149

We are running HealthShare on Linux Redhat via Azure.

A couple of days ago, the Azure server rebooted. Which we were unaware of.

Resulting in the Instance being in a downed status.

In the short term I put together a quick script to check the status, if it is down to restart it.

However, before I go down that road, I thought it would be best to inquire if there is a much better and more streamlined solution?

In a nutshell I just want to check and see if the Instance is up or in a state such as down or hung then start it.

0 2
0 339

Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems Datasets contest!

You'll have an opportunity to have a discussion with InterSystems Product Managers on new LOAD DATA functionality, Q&A on datasets, etc. Our winners' demo included!

Date & Time: Thursday, January 20, 2022 – 11:00 EDT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cp6PfN0uTIY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

6 2
0 224

I am looking for a way to find all properties defined in any given class through coding, including those inherited from parent class(s). In case of inherited properties, I would like to know from which class etc.

A related question: XML adaptor provides a way to export xml schema for a class. Is there a similar method for JSON adaptor to generate a JSON schema for a class?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 5
0 478

Hi,

We a currently looking at a way of securing any future REST API's using OAuth2, where the Authorisation Server (OAuth2) and Resource Server would be on the same server.

However, as we have mirrored environment the Resource Server, and therefore the Authorisation Server, need work with a Virtual IP Address and be able to failover to either of the mirror member servers.

Is that possible with OAuth2 and if so what are the best practices for this?

Any advise or guidance much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 7
0 352

Hey Developers,

Watch as the presenter uses IKO to deploy the WebGateway, SAM, and InterSystems API Manager with the latest version of the InterSystems Kubernetes Operator:

IKO: The InterSystems Kubernetes Operator (Version 3.0)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KRUMYz6eGhE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 0
0 291
Question
· Jan 18, 2022
FHIR Bulk Data and ndjson

Hi all,

I am testing asynchronous Bulk Data retrieve with a large EHR vendor. When I retrieve the bulk data, they are returning ndjson (CONTENT-TYPE of "application/fhir+ndjson; charset=utf-8"). If I attempt to process that content using JSON functions - I get

ERROR #5035: General exception Name 'Parsing error' Code '3' Data ''

For example, the following generates the error

s objArray={}.%FromJSON(quickStreamOut)

The error makes sense in that ndjson is not a valid json format (I assume at least).

0 1
0 371

I would like to create a toolbar button in Cache Studio. After clicking on it, it would run a custom command (eg: to execute a routine that will clean a global).

I took a look at dialog that is shown after right clicking on a toolbar in Studio, then choosing "Customize" but AFAIK there is nothing there that allow such a thing.

I know it's possible to customize menu items by extending %Studio.SourceControl.Base class, is there something similar for toolbars ?

Here is some base code example (based on Danny Wijnschenk answer) :

0 6
0 264

For some years I missed being able to offer, to everybody interested in ObjectScript, a tutorial more or less complete, to start with ObjectScript. Something that could help more and make things easier to those new developers that come to our technology... something intermediate, halfway between the common "Hello World!", that doesn't really get you further, and the "Advanced Training", that is unaffordable because of lack of time,etc.

If there were something truly helpful not only as an introduction to the ecosystem, but as a starting point, as a boost, to really start to walk into ObjectScript and move forward by yourself... wouldn't that be awesome?

7 7
0 582