Hello! 

I'm trying to make a simple hello world program for iKnow but the documentation only shows examples using the scripting language or XML XData. 

The domain is already created and configured, what I hope for is to be able to work with the data in some high-level language. 

Is it possible to do something like this:

int domainId = 1;
IKnow iknow = new IKnow( domainId );
List concepts = iknow.getTopConcepts();

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Last comment 3 March 2016
+ 1   0 4

answers

views

+ 1

rating

Is the default language (i.e., $$$DefaultLanguage, which is used as the basis for localization with $$$Text/etc. at compile time) always "en" for new Caché installations, or could it be different? How is this determined? I don't see an option to select a language during Caché installation.

Also, is there a supported/preferred API for setting the default language? Looking at %occMessages.inc, one option would be:

Set $$$DefaultLanguageNode = "en"

But I'd expect there to be a classmethod for this somewhere (and haven't managed to find it yet)

Last comment 2 March 2016
0   0 4

answers

views

rating

I'm working on a proposal for a deployment tool development project and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with such a thing.  

We use Healthshare and implementations for new clients are tedius and lengthy.  Lots of ensemble service, registry value, lookup tables, namespaces and other things have to be created and configured. 

I would like to create a Zen or CSP page based deployment tool that can do all this with a few parameters and some custom code.

Has anyone done this?  What are some pitfalls you ran into?  Any unique ideas you included?  Other general thoughts?

Last comment 1 March 2016
+ 1   0 5

answers

views

+ 1

rating

Hello Community!

Win the Developer Community MVP (most valuable participant) award in February, and receive a free registration to the Solution Developers Conference at InterSystems Global Summit 2016!

The Solution Developers Conference is like the live version of the Developer Community. It’s where you can connect with your peers, and with InterSystems developers and product managers face-to-face! You’ll hear about our newest technologies, and how they can be used to super-charge your development projects. (Learn more about the Solution Developers Conference and InterSystems Global Summit. ) 

What is the Developer Community MVP award?

Last comment 1 March 2016
+ 5   0 6

views

+ 5

rating

InterSystems is pleased to announce that Caché and Ensemble 2015.1.4 are now available as maintenance releases.
For a complete list of the corrections in 2015.1.4, please review the release notes.

Caché and Ensemble 2015.1.4 are available today for the same platforms as 2015.1.3.
The complete set of supported platforms, including specific point releases and/or patches, is detailed in the Supported Platforms document.

+ 1   0 1

comments

views

+ 1

rating

Question

I am configuring IIS to work with the CSP Gateway but I'm running into this error:

"The Module DLL 'C:\Inetpub\CSPGateway\CSPms.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a x86 processor architecture."

Answer

+ 2   0 1

comments

views

+ 2

rating

Hi Community!

Meet the new group in Developer Community:

InterSystems Data Platform Blog!

In this group you'll find technical posts form InterSystems engineers and Community about InterSystems Data Platform technology cases which we consider as good or even best practices.

Every article in this blog passes InterSystems engineers' reviewing procedure and only then becomes available. You are very welcome to comment and share it!

We'll find best practices of InterSystems Technology implementations, will transform it into articles and will deliver for you in this group on a regular basis.

Don't miss new posts and subscribe to InterSystems Data Platform Blog today!

Evgeny Shvarov,

InterSystems Community Manager

+ 1   0 0

comments

views

+ 1

rating

Hi all,

I was wondering, what is your favourite public cloud provider?

What is your level of engagement with the cloud provider? Are you testing their infrastructure? In which case I'd expect you being progressing a parallel test with at least a second provider ;-) Or, are you already running a production environment?

--

OK, so, let me be the first one to share my experience with one specific cloud provider

Last comment 26 February 2016
+ 2   0 5

answers

views

+ 2

rating

Hi-

I'm curious to know what InterSystems clients are using for csp based web development methodology.

Are you doing tag based development, or class based development?

If you are using tag based development, what tools are you using to create the look and feel of your web pages?  Are you using tools like Adobe Dreamweaver, or do your developers sit down and code HTML using plain editors like Notepad and Notepad++

Are you doing prototyping of web pages and then adding CSP tags, or are you just developing the finished csp page with no prototype?

Thanks
Ken

Last comment 26 February 2016
+ 2   0 0

answers

views

+ 2

rating

Question:

How can I create, change etc. Security entities (like Users and Roles) programmatically?

Answer:

You can use the Security package classes in the %SYS namespace. For example Security.Roles or Security.Users.

Of course in order to perform these actions the user will require the needed authorization.

Here's a small example using Security.Roles

+ 3   0 3

comments

views

+ 3

rating

C:\data\backup.bat :

C:\InterSystems\Ensemble\bin\cache -s"C:\InterSystems\Ensemble\Mgr" -U%%SYS ##Class(Backup.General).ExternalFreeze() <C:\data\login.scr 

echo %ERRORLEVEL%

rem note that we need to check errorlevel from highest to lowest here....

if errorlevel 5 goto OK

if errorlevel 3 goto FAIL

echo errorlevel returned wrong value

goto END

:OK

+ 1   0 3

comments

views

+ 1

rating

Hi, Community!

There are only six days left to win InterSystems Developer Community MVP prize.

As it was announced in addition to Free Registration on InterSystems Global Summit winner gets 4 nights stay in the Arizona Baltimore, Waldorf Astoria Resort.

We measure contribution to Developer Community on valuable posts and comments and prepared special leaderboard built on InterSystems DeepSee.

By default, it shows all the members. We added the filter to the dashboard to show leaderboard without members who are InterSystems employees.

So here is current leaderboard without InterSystems members:

Last comment 24 February 2016
+ 2   0 1

views

+ 2

rating

Developing an idea with RuleEngine in XData, we could even refuse from editing full class and edit only valuable xml. Sometime ago I have already written an article(in russian) about such possibility, even more, in that article I wrote about compilable JavaScript to Caché. 

Opening File

This possible with %Studio.AbstractDocument. While extending this class, developer should add a Projection

Last comment 23 February 2016
+ 5   0 2

views

+ 5

rating

Some days ago Alberto has written a very interesting article about the usefulness of ObjectGenerators available in Caché.

In this article, Alberto shows an example RuleEngine based on XData, and how it is possible to improve the process of filling such rules. Caché Studio has a Studio Asist for XData; you may have already seen examples of it if you use ZEN or %Installer.Manifest

Last comment 22 February 2016
+ 7   0 2

views

+ 7

rating

Suppose you have developed your own app with InterSystems technologies stack and now want to perform multiple deployments on the customers' side. During the development process you've composed a detailed installation guide for your application, because you need to not only import classes, but also fine-tune the environment according to your needs.
To address this specific task, InterSystems has created a special tool called %Installer. Read on to find out how to use it.

Last comment 19 February 2016
+ 12   0 4

views

+ 12

rating

I am pleased to announce the next 2016.2 field test kit, 2016.2.0.595.0.

It may look like a slow week, with less than fifty changes having been checked in, but this kit includes the following fixes to problems found by you, the ones running the kits in the field:

• ALE2845, which fixes the cachejdbc.jar version
  • JN1637, which fixes an issue that blocked debugging Atelier when used in conjunction with Kerberos
  • DLP3508, which fixes a JSON issue with $compose()

The rest of the fixes have been spread among different areas of the product, chief among them DOCUMENT Data Model, SQL and Atelier.

Please download the kit and give it a try; the latest field test of 2016.2 is available HERE.  And, as always, we welcome your feedback.

Steve Glassman, Director of QD

+ 3   0 3

comments

views

+ 3

rating

The attached file contains an example of code generation using ObjectGenerators which builds a very simple homemade RuleEngine. 

Code generation is an excellent way of increasing performance moving run-time calculations to compile-time.

We could generate code creating routines or implemeting methods using ObjectGenerators. In this example we are using ObjectGenerators.

Update: Rule Engine is now on GitHub https://github.com/intersystems-ib/cache-iat-ruleengine

A very simple code generated method

For starters, let's begin with a very basic code generated method

+ 4   0 1

comments

views

+ 4

rating