InterSystems is pleased to announce that the extended maintenance releases of InterSystems IRIS, InterSystems IRIS for Health, and HealthShare Health Connect 2022.1.1 are now available. These releases provide a few selected features and bug fixes for the 2022.1.0 releases.

1 0
0 193
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,157 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Oct 22, 2022 2m read
Reviews on Open Exchange - Oct. 2022

If one of your packages on OEX receives a review you get notified by OEX only own YOUR package.
The rating reflects the experience of the reviewer with the status found at the time of review.
It is kind of a snapshot and might have changed meanwhile.
Reviews by other members of the community are marked by * in the last column.

1 2
0 181

Hello ALL!

I am having trouble fining a way to derive (a list, an array, a file doesnt matter yet how it returns) ALL of the targets of a routing rule.

For example lets say I have:

• a router of class: EnsLib.MsgRouter.RoutingEngine
  • Business Rule: HappyRRN
  • 1 rule set having 5 rules that each send to 1 DTL and 1 Operation (5 targets total)

My intent is to use some utlities we have created to disable all of the target operations of this router if the router errors out.

To do that I need the list of target operations.

1 2
0 171

Hi developers!

Those who code IRIS solutions in VSCode using Docker often use the convenient ObjectScript menu, which contains links to Management Portal, Class Reference, Unittest portal, Productions, etc.

While drilling down to a Dev Container to code Embedded Python there is no such option, at least within my settings:

So I don't know how to connect to it.

Thoughts?

0 6
0 256
Article
· Mar 1, 2022 5m read
How to become a time lord - The birth

Good men don’t need rules.

The Doctor.

It's not an easy task to be a master of dates and times, it is always a problem and sometimes confusing in any programming language, we are going to clarify and put a few tips to make this task as simple as possible.

Get on the TARDIS and I'm going to turn you into a Time lord

Tardis

15 3
1 609
Article
· Oct 24, 2022 4m read
Embedded Python Template

Hi developers!

Let me share with you a minimal embedded python template, that I can recommend as a starting point for any general project with InterSystems IRIS that will use embedded python.

Features:

• Embedded Python ready;
  • Examples of 3 ways of Embedded python development;
  • VSCode development ready;
  • Docker enabled;
  • Online demo enabled;
  • ZPM First development ready.

Let's discuss the features below!

5 0
0 877

The new production component driver for Deltanji enables highly granular management of InterSystems Interoperability Productions with tight integration into the management portal. We presented it at the InterSystems UK&I summit this week and it received a great reception. 

It solves the current pain-point of Interoperability Productions being defined in a single monolithic class definition. Deltanji source control increases the granularity with which items can be managed. Instead of versioning a single class definition containing all the configuration items, this new component driver allows individual configuration items to be managed separately. Each configuration item has its own versioning and revision history and can be checked-out, checked-in, and deployed independently of any other items in the same Production.

Because each configuration item within a production class is managed by Deltanji as a first-class component in its own right, Deltanji provides all the source control, versioning, and workflow capabilities that it provides for any other component.

Watch the below clip to see it in action. 

We'll be talking about this new feature in more detail at our User Group Session on November 3rd at 3pm (GMT). Register your attendance on Eventbrite here - https://bit.ly/3yqzfvS

To find out more about Deltanji, visit our website georgejames.com or drop us an email info@georgejames.com 

7 13
0 272

Hi Community,

In this video, you will learn how our financial services customers are using InterSystems IRIS to connect to a range of internal and external systems and sources to deliver a 360-degree view of a business and accelerate digital transformation initiatives:

What's New in Financial Services @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bjExyM-L7t8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 148
Question
· Oct 13, 2022
JDBC Gateway Server Crash

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue I am having with the JDBC Gateway Server crashing at the %SYS level. I have numerous Linked Tables that are using JDBC to connect to a MS SQL database/tables to query values. I have written queries in other class files and within the class definition of the linked table to do the queries.

1. Should I be running the query in the class definition of the linked table as a class method? or is it best practice to run the query as a class method outside of the class definition of the linked table?

0 3
0 182

Recently viewed a demo on the new Dynamic Objects in InterSystems (we are still running 2016.1); together with the upcoming IRIS data platform I started thinking about possibilities of building dynamic databases. That is, I can imagine some projects were it might be really nice to store dynamic objects and then run sql queries on them without ever defining the fields of the dynamic objects (i.e. not at storage, but only if you run your sql query).

0 3
0 653

We are seeking an InterSystems Object Developer With Docker Experience to join our team! You will develop and implement unique web-based applications.

This role is Remote, Full Time and a 1099 position.

Required Qualifications:

• 4+ years InterSystems Object Technology developing applications utilizing industry best practices for software development.
  • 2+ years using Docker

Preferred:

1 0
0 241

I have installed Iris in Docker container with the above version. I need to create an additional user to log in via ssh. I have created a user and put in both the irisuser and irisowner groups, and created a user in iris with permissions. But, when I run "iris session iris" I originally got an error about permissions: /usr/irissys/bin/irisdb: Permission denied.

I looked @ the /usr/irisys directory and the permissions was only (r-x------). I changed to (dr-xr-xr-x.)and now I get a different error:

Invalid ownership for ./irisdb

Any suggestions?

0 8
0 353

Hello,

I’m creating a REST API service but I need to convert my object in JSON.

Class message_B Extends Ens.Request
{
Property ClientId As %String(MAXLEN = "");

Property mesagge As %Stream.TmpBinary;
}

set pRequest = ##Class(message_B).%New()
​do ##class(Ens.Util.JSON).ObjectToJSONStream(pRequest, .content)

it is ignoring message property in json dueto its data type %Stream.TmpBinary

Could you please help me to resolve it?

0 2
0 210

HI Dev's

I dont work for Intersystems but i have found this training course very helpful and wanted to make sure others know about it.

Advanced Data Transformations

Advanced Data Transformations

Add a for each loop.
Create and use utility functions.
Create and use lookup tables.
Use counting.
Create and implement a subtransformation.
Add a code action.
Add a group of actions to organize relevant actions.

3 0
0 190

Hi All,

Is there any cache command which can give who all has compiled a classes from the day it has been created. Specifically I want the 2 information username and time of compilation of class.

I tried with $$DATE^%R("TEST.1.INT"), but it only gives the last compilation time.

Thanks in advance !!

0 3
0 240

In this post, I am going to detail how to set up a mirror using SSL, including generating the certificates and keys via the Public Key Infrastructure built in to InterSystems IRIS Data Platform. I did a similar post in the past for Caché, so feel free to check that out here if you are not running InterSystems IRIS. Much like the original, the goal of this is to take you from new installations to a working mirror with SSL, including a primary, backup, and DR async member, along with a mirrored database. I will not go into security recommendations or restricting access to the files. This is meant to just simply get a mirror up and running. Example screenshots are taken on a 2018.1.1 version of IRIS, so yours may look slightly different.

8 3
4 1.3K

Hi Community!

As announced in this post, next November 16 will take place the 1st meetup of the Spanish Developer Community. And registration is now open!

It is the first in-person event in Spain since the pandemic started and we are thrilled to reunite with our customers and partners. Are you in?

🗓 November 16, from 12:00 to 2:00 PM (CEST) + pizza & drinks

📍 The Westin Valencia Hotel

➡️ Click here for more details and registration >>

Note.- If you are already registered at the Iberia Summit and want to attend the Meetup, you have to register on the previous link too.

0 0
0 189

I am reading file values by position with comma-separated string and it gives me incorrect values on the below line because there is a comma within double quotes within a string.

I would like to remove any text that has quotes with object script or alternatively separate each value with pipe-delimited so that I can return position 8 as code and position 9 as a description

0 2
0 242