Article
· Feb 23, 2023 3m read
Publish / subscriber example in IRIS

Hi all!

In a project we needed to define topics to publish messages and register different subscribers which will receive those messages asynchronously. We also needed it to be as simple as possible and that we could use it on InterSystems IRIS directly.

As an experiment, I'm sharing this iris-pubsub open exchange example.

Infrastructure

This is built on top of InterSystems IRIS interoperability features, it needs a running production.

4 4
2 416
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 20,016 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

In the previous article we have reviewed how to install our EMPI in standalone, so we are ready to start the basic configuration of our EMPI.

First of all we have to do an initial basic configuration, we can access to the configuration from the Configuration menu of our Registry.

Selecting that option will allow to us to edit the basic configuration table of the Registry:

3 0
0 447

Hi Developers,

Often we create and edit InterSystems IRIS Interoperability solutions via a set of UI tools that is provided with IRIS. But it is sometimes difficult to setup the development environment to handle changes we make in the UI to source control.

This video illustrates how git-source-control helps with source control Interoperability components while changing it in the UI.

Git Source Control for InterSystems IRIS Interoperability with Docker and VSCode

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QIb2ksEXdHk?controls=0
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
2 611

If you are seeing this error during import: ERROR #6301 Line: 2 Offset: 118 This does not appear to be a Cache exported file, unable to import.

This error is caused by exporting from InterSystems IRIS and trying to import into Caché. If you plan on exporting from IRIS to Caché, you can use the following qualifier to export your classes so that Caché does not throw an error on import:

w $SYSTEM.OBJ.Export(<items>,<filename>,"/exportversion=cache2018.1")

7 3
0 807
Article
· May 22, 2022 1m read
Debugging Trick with SQL

I'm sure you have met this situation:

• There is a bug in a System that you can't reproduce yourself locally
  • You need to run a few lines in the affected instance
  • You get full access to System Management Portal
  • But there is just no terminal, nor console, nor access with Studio, Atelier or VSCode
  • How to run your few lines for testing ???

19 3
5 940

If you are using Python, you can use the built-in venv module to create a virtual environment. This module is the recommended way to create and manage virtual environments.

A virtual environment is a tool that helps to keep dependencies required by different projects separate by creating isolated python virtual environments for them. It solves the “Project X depends on version 1.x but, Project Y needs 4.x” dilemma, and keeps your global site-packages directory clean and manageable.

So if like me you work a lot with Python, you can use the venv module to create a virtual environment for your project. This will allow you to install packages without affecting the global Python installation.

You will find here two neat alias to create and activate a virtual environment.

Python aliases

alias venv="python3 -m venv .venv; source .venv/bin/activate"
alias irisvenv="python3 -m venv .venv; source .venv/bin/activate; pip install https://github.com/grongierisc/iris-embedded-python-wrapper/releases/download/v0.0.3/iris-0.0.3-py3-none-any.whl"

9 3
2 1.5K

This is the second piece in our series on 2021.2 SQL enhancements delivering an adaptive, high-performance SQL experience. In this article, we'll zoom in on the innovations in gathering Table Statistics, which are of course the primary input for the Run Time Plan Choice capability we described in the previous article.

11 4
1 738
Question
· Mar 23, 2023
Saving data into SQL table

Hi Community,

I am trying to save data into SQL table but each entry getting saved twice in the SQL table. Is there any reason data is saving Twice in the SQL table

I have created a %Persistent class for the fields

Please find the business operation below

Class Patient.DBOperation Extends Ens.BusinessOperation

{

Parameter ADAPTER = "EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter";

Property Adapter As EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter;

Parameter INVOCATION = "Queue";

0 6
0 285

Hi all!

In this article I would like to review those VS Code extensions which I use myself to work with InterSystems and which make my work much more convenient. I am sure this article will be useful for those who are just starting their journey to learn InterSystems technologies. However, I also hope that this article could be useful for experienced developers with many years of experience and open up new possibilities for them when using VS Code for development.

38 8
6 1.9K

1.Background

1.1 I met a few project that their interface servers were crashed. Cutoms wanted resume server as fast as we can. their servers are running at lan,and they can't use git,there are some namesapce in the server running different service,and usualy there is only one server.

1.2 In the message,it has property in type of characterstream,as you know,the message search page doesn't support filtering with property of characterstream,so it's so hard to find the messge you want.

10 11
2 581
Article
· Mar 1, 2017 17m read
Parsing docx using XSLT

The task of handling office documents, namely docx documents, xlsx tables and pptx presentations is quite complicated. This article offers a way to parse, create and edit documents using only XSLT and ZIP.

Why? docx is the most popular document format, so the ability to generate and parse this format would always can be useful. The solution in a form of a ready-made library, can be problematic for several reasons:

• library may not exist
  • you do not need another black box in your project
  • library restrictions : platforms, features, etc.
  • licensing
  • processing speed

In this article, I would use only basic tools for work with the docx documents.

6 3
1 6.3K

Hi everyone!

If you are working with IRIS 2021+ and you remove all of the built in entries for External Language Servers, there is an unexpected consequence that may prevent you from running an installer to upgrade your version of IRIS. This does appear to be a bug which has been raised with WRC, however there are some people that may have recently removed these settings and then will soon be upgrading their environment and could face this same issue.

3 1
0 265
Article
· Mar 2, 2023 5m read
Tutorial - Working with %Query #1

The title of the contest subject is not quite precise but addresses the %Library.classes involved.
What is meant is officially named Class Query and is dating back to the early days of Caché.
CLASS is used because it is embedded in a COS class.
Though there is a precise description in the official documentation it remains rather abstract.
My tutorial should guide you step-by-step through a simple example in COS to make it tangible to you

8 4
1 527

Hey all,

I'm trying to enable an existing namespace to be Ensemble enabled by doing the command do ##class(%EnsembleMgr).EnableNamespac($namespace,1), but I'm still getting the error message. Is there something that I'm missing?

I've attempted to reboot the server and even went incognito to see if it was a caching issue, but I'm still not able to create an Ensemble production in that namespace.

0 2
0 376

Hi Community,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Querying 6 Terabytes of Protected Health Information at Northwell @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/66rZCdX7m8U
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 311