Grafana support for InterSystems IRIS
Hello everyone, let me introduce, one of my latest projects. It is a DataSource plugin for Grafana, which can connect directly to InterSystems IRIS and gather any data (in the future).
- Can show SAM metrics with periodic update, with a history, the metrics gathered by Grafana directly and only when requested while displayed
- Display messages.log and alerts.log
- Application errors from ^ERRORS global
Features that can be added later
- Any SQL SELECT query for tables with or without DateTime fields
- View some data directly from any Global
- Call for any custom SQL Query on the IRIS side
- Even probably MDX Queries
So, if you have some custom logic for logging within your application, it would be possible to connect Grafana to these logs and display it there.
To test it by yourself, you can clone the repo, and start the environment with docker-compose. The docker-compose environment is configured on using ports 3000, 3081, 3082; if those ports already in use in your system, just change them in the docker-compose.yml file.
git clone https://github.com/caretdev/grafana-intersystems-datasource.git cd grafana-intersystems-datasource docker-compose up -d
After pulling images, it will start Grafana and IRIS in two containers.
Open Grafana by link http://localhost:3000/
Go to DataSources, it will have InterSystems IRIS connection, added by autoprovision.
Diving inside will give a simple form with basic settings, and the Test button, to check the connection. When IRIS will start it should show green OK.
Let's create some Dashboard and Panel
Select Query Type: Metrics
Let's select iris_db_latency for instance
By default update interval is depends on a selected time interval, but can be changed in Query options, field Min Interval
Log Files and Application Errors can be shown with Logs Vizualization and as a Table
Please vote for the project
You can contact me if you would like to get more functionality in the plugin.