InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 20,217 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Mar 23, 2023
Saving data into SQL table

Hi Community,

I am trying to save data into SQL table but each entry getting saved twice in the SQL table. Is there any reason data is saving Twice in the SQL table

I have created a %Persistent class for the fields

Please find the business operation below

Class Patient.DBOperation Extends Ens.BusinessOperation

{

Parameter ADAPTER = "EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter";

Property Adapter As EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter;

Parameter INVOCATION = "Queue";

0 6
0 287

Hi all!

In this article I would like to review those VS Code extensions which I use myself to work with InterSystems and which make my work much more convenient. I am sure this article will be useful for those who are just starting their journey to learn InterSystems technologies. However, I also hope that this article could be useful for experienced developers with many years of experience and open up new possibilities for them when using VS Code for development.

38 8
6 2K

1.Background

1.1 I met a few project that their interface servers were crashed. Cutoms wanted resume server as fast as we can. their servers are running at lan,and they can't use git,there are some namesapce in the server running different service,and usualy there is only one server.

1.2 In the message,it has property in type of characterstream,as you know,the message search page doesn't support filtering with property of characterstream,so it's so hard to find the messge you want.

10 11
2 583
Article
· Mar 1, 2017 17m read
Parsing docx using XSLT

The task of handling office documents, namely docx documents, xlsx tables and pptx presentations is quite complicated. This article offers a way to parse, create and edit documents using only XSLT and ZIP.

Why? docx is the most popular document format, so the ability to generate and parse this format would always can be useful. The solution in a form of a ready-made library, can be problematic for several reasons:

• library may not exist
  • you do not need another black box in your project
  • library restrictions : platforms, features, etc.
  • licensing
  • processing speed

In this article, I would use only basic tools for work with the docx documents.

6 3
1 6.3K

Hi everyone!

If you are working with IRIS 2021+ and you remove all of the built in entries for External Language Servers, there is an unexpected consequence that may prevent you from running an installer to upgrade your version of IRIS. This does appear to be a bug which has been raised with WRC, however there are some people that may have recently removed these settings and then will soon be upgrading their environment and could face this same issue.

3 1
0 265
Article
· Mar 2, 2023 5m read
Tutorial - Working with %Query #1

The title of the contest subject is not quite precise but addresses the %Library.classes involved.
What is meant is officially named Class Query and is dating back to the early days of Caché.
CLASS is used because it is embedded in a COS class.
Though there is a precise description in the official documentation it remains rather abstract.
My tutorial should guide you step-by-step through a simple example in COS to make it tangible to you

8 4
1 528

Hey all,

I'm trying to enable an existing namespace to be Ensemble enabled by doing the command do ##class(%EnsembleMgr).EnableNamespac($namespace,1), but I'm still getting the error message. Is there something that I'm missing?

I've attempted to reboot the server and even went incognito to see if it was a caching issue, but I'm still not able to create an Ensemble production in that namespace.

0 2
0 377

Hi Community,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Querying 6 Terabytes of Protected Health Information at Northwell @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/66rZCdX7m8U
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 311

InterSystems announces its fourth developer preview, as part of the developer preview program for the 2023.1 release. Many updates and enhancements have been added in 2023.1 and there are also brand-new capabilities, such as production-ready support for Columnar Storage, ability to use Bulk FHIR, and support to MacOS 13 Ventura.

1 0
0 226
Question
· Mar 21, 2023
Logging FTP Business Service

I am having an issue with a file not being deleted from the FTP server and returning an error to this effect. The file, however, was fully processed. This causes the file to process again.

My question is I seem to recall a flag that can be set to enable more detailed tracing to be done on the FTP service/adapter. However, I have not been able to locate this. Does anyone recall such a logging setting or was I just dreaming?

0 0
0 274

Hi ,

I'm using standard business service not(Customized business service). I'm not able to process the Hl7 data file which contains CRLF characters.It shows warning "Discarding Received non HL7 data". Actually it discards some segment after CRLF character. Is there any settings to overcome this problem?

Also i tried UTF-8, Ascii,Unicode.. characterset . But it won't work. Please help me .

Urgent!!!

0 11
0 1.6K

As you know in Caché / IRIS you have the possibility to define a property as Multidimensional as documented here:
https://docs.intersystems.com/iris20201/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=GOBJ_proplit#GOBJ_proplit_multidim
and the explanation of how to use it
https://docs.intersystems.com/iris20201/csp/docbook/Doc.View.cls?KEY=GOBJ_proplit#GOBJ_proplit_multidim_values

Though the access is quite comfortable (in traditional COS sense) there are 2 main restrictions that hurt:

#1) It is not saved to disk unless your application includes code to save it specifically.
#2) It cannot be stored in or exposed through SQL tables
there are some more
I'll show how to overcome these limits

14 1
2 589
Question
· Mar 20, 2023
Reading through file fast

Hi Guys,

I've the below code that copies 15000 records into a global, problem is that taking around 11 secs to finish and I'm wondering if there is any faster way (eg. would copying the file into stream and look through the stream makes it faster!?) because I've hundreds of files I need to process every time.

0 4
0 330

Hi Community:

As you may know, I am the person who does the program and scheduling for our Global Summit sessions, so I can give you a sneak peek at our agenda before it is published.

I'm happy to report that we will have two special, four-hour workshops on Sunday, June 4, which is the day you arrive to register in Hollywood, Florida.

2 0
0 200