Hey Developers,

We decided to extend the registration period for the InterSystems FHIR Accelerator Programming Contest and voting will start only on Thursday, June 3! The voting period will last until Sunday, June 6.

So, don't forget to support the best solutions built using the InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service (FHIRaaS) on AWS.

➡️ Vote here from June 3rd to June 6th!

How to vote and what's new?

2 3
0 241

Google has one intersting tool named Data Studio. This tool allows creating some interactive dashboards, based on your data, available from the internet. It already offers hundreds of connectors to any sort of data developed by the community. As well as some amount of community developed visualizing. And most importantly, Google offers a way to develop your own connector to your data.

FHIRaaS provides a REST API, and it's available from the internet. So I've decided to try to create some basic report on data stored there. And in the end, I got this.

4 0
2 286

Introduction

In the first article, a simple tutorial helped you to set up your FHIRaaS deployment.

Now, let's move forward and introduce a JS library to access the FHIR resource.

In the end, two examples of usage of this library will be presented, exploring the Appointment FHIR resource type.

SMART on FHIR JavaScript Library

FHIR is a REST API, so you can use any HTTP client in order to use it. But, it’s always a good idea to have help.

3 0
0 1.4K
Article
· Jun 5, 2021 8m read
FHIRaaS overview

Introduction

This article aims to provide an overview of InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service (FHIRaaS) driven by the implementation of application iris-on-fhir, available in OEX developed for the FHIRaaS contest.

A basic tutorial will guide you in configuring a function FHIRaaS deployment, including an API key and an OAuth 2.0 server.

A library to use FHIR resources through FHIRaaS also is briefly discussed.

3 0
0 368

Is there a way to add/substract from a pivot variable?

I have this MDX:

SELECT
  NON EMPTY [DateOfSale].[Actual].[YearSold].&[$variable.Year] ON 0,
  NON EMPTY [Product].[P1].[Product Name].Members ON 1
FROM [HOLEFOODS]

And with pivot variable Year equal to, say, 2016 it works:

Now I want to add previous year first with one pivot variable and one explicit reference. It also works:

0 3
0 116

In this article, I will show how you can easily containerize .Net/Java Gateways.

For our example, we will develop an Integration with Apache Kafka.

And to interoperate with Java/.Net code we will use PEX .

Architecture

Our solution will run completely in docker and look like this:

7 7
1 1.1K

Episode 19 of Data Points features a conversation with Benjamin De Boe about the 2021.1 release of InterSystems IRIS! The conversation covers new improvements in analytics, business intelligence, machine learning, development gateways, FHIR capability, and more.

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/466069
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
1 206

This time I want to talk about something not specific to InterSystems IRIS, but that I think is important if you want to work with Docker and your server at work is a PC or laptop with Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise.

As you likely know, containers technology comes basically from Linux world and, nowadays, is on Linux hosts were it shows maximum potential. Those who use Windows on a normal basis see that both, Microsoft and Docker, have done important efforts during these last years that allow us to run containers based on Linux images on our Windows system in a really easy way... but it's something not supported for production systems and, this is the big problem, is not reliable if we want to keep persistent data outside of containers, in the host system,... mostly due to the big differences between Windows and Linux file systems. In the end, Docker for Windows itself uses a small linux virtual machine (MobiLinux) to run the containers... it does it transparently for the windows user... and it works perfectly well if, as I said, you don't require that your databases survive longer than the container...

Well,...let's get to the point,... the point is that many times, to avoid issues and simplify, we need a full Linux system and, if our server is based on Windows, the only way of having it is through a virtual machine. At least till WSL2 in Windows is released, but that will be another story and sure it'll take a bit of time to become robust enough.

In this article, I'll tell you, step by step, how to install an environment where you'll be able to work, if you need it, with Docker containers on an Ubuntu system in your Windows server. Let's go...

15 11
3 28.2K

I've poked through the class documentation and globals and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, namely a mechanism that will give me the PropName key and value for each of the Items in an EnsLib.HL7.SearchTable definition. Is there some sort of query that will turn the list of Items in the XData SearchSpec section into a key/value pair of some sort?

For example:

0 1
0 196
Question
· Jun 1, 2021
Storing a %DynamicObject

I've been tasked with an interface that needs to supply some additional metadata for the indexing of HL7v2 messages. After toying with a couple of ideas, I thought that it would be useful to subclass EnsLib.HL7.Message, add a %DynamicObject property, and store the metadata in it (it ends up getting sent to the target in JSON form anyway).

And, well, it seems to work just fine ... so far.

0 4
0 671

When using Studio, ODBC or a terminal connection to Caché or Ensemble, you may have wondered how to secure the connection. One option is to add TLS (aka SSL) to your connection. The Caché client applications - TELNET, ODBC and Studio - all understand how to add TLS to the connection. They just need to be configured to do it.

Configuring these clients is easier in 2015.1 and later. I'm going to be discussing this new method. If you're already using the old, legacy method, it will continue to work, but I would recommend you consider switching to the new one.

25 7
3 5.6K

Hello,

We have a need to track Database changes over time - down to the SQL level of granularity if possible. Such as: User xyz runs routine ^abc and we get something similar to a changelog that tells us: table A had this value updated, insert, update etc....

Is that possible using IRIS level tools (Audit Log, Journal File, etc...) , is there a way to convert the global sets and kills from the journals into SQL level changes?

1 3
1 382

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Getting Started with IntegratedML

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f7A-wbNkIic
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 357

Hey Community,

Please join the next InterSystems online programming competition:

🏆 InterSystems FHIR Accelerator Programming Contest 🏆

Submit an application that uses InterSystems FHIR-as-a-service on AWS or helps to develop solutions using InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator.

Duration: May 10 - June 06, 2021

Total prize: $8,750

👉 Landing page 👈

6 15
    1 2.7K
    Question
    · Oct 29, 2020
    Reply with custom ACK

Hi,i have created a simple production with:

Business Service-EnsLib.HL7.Adapter.TCPInboundAdapter

Business Process - EnsLib.HL7.MsgRouter.RoutingEngine

Business Operation - EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter

the sending application requires a ACK wich is different than the ACK i choose from in the AckMode settings of the Business Service.

How do i create a custom ACK?

Thanks

0 4
    0 608

Hi community,

I am in the process of building a React Native Application for a restaurant.

I am not quite sure if we can use IRIS as the main database for this and if there is a possibility I am not quite sure how to do it.

If there is a possibility could some one help me out with it please?

Or do you think using AWS is a better choice?

Please let me know your ideas and guidelines in the comments or please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Hoping to hear soon.

Regards.

0 2
    1 314

HA backup strategy

we use Rose to do HA with cache2016.2, the database is placed on the hard disk array, which is essentially an instance, and the same array disk is mounted by rose switch, another mirror machine is made.

Is there any problem with this structure for disaster recovery and backup, I hope to give some advice. Thanks!

0 8
    0 288