We have noticed in the course of the last 18 days our CACHE.dat has grown by 20 GB. Is there a way we can break down the data in CACHE.dat to see what could be growing in size?

Let me state it another way.....Is there a way to see what space an Operation/Service/Process is taking up within a certain Production?

Thanks

Scott Roth

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

0 3
0 1.4K
Question
· Apr 6, 2018
sql insert from cache

I am tasked with using CACHE to insert data retrieved from a CACHE data base and insert it into an sql database. The columns in the sql table that I am trying to insert data into have names that contain underscores such as "ACCESSION_DATE" I found a utility in CACHE to connect to the sql data base and perform inserts. I have the data I need to insert. I need to pass the data into the sql utility referencing the column names.

I tried using indirection to set the data into underscored variables, but that isn't allowed in cache object script.

0 8
0 1.3K
Question
· Jun 5, 2018
Ternary Operators

Hello community, simple question. I've been able to use a ternary operator equivalent by using $select for inline if statements using this pattern:

set x = 1

set result = $select(x = 1: "true", x = 0: "false")

These can be nested and can have a lot of options. But I'm curious if there is a native way of using ternary operators in ObjectScript?

Thank you

0 1
0 1.3K
Question
· Sep 25, 2018
Wireshark with ensemble

Hi,

We see a lot of TCPIP connection error for few of the components not sure if it is a network glitch at the source/target or is it with us. And most of the times these errors are very transient and vanish on their own and the connection gets re established and the messages get processed. Here is the error we mostly see

ERROR <Ens>ErrTCPTerminatedReadTimeoutExpired: TCP Read timeout (30) expired waiting for terminator SegTerminatorAscii=13, on |TCP|50007|10620, data received =''

or

1 2
1 1.3K

This is probably a very naive question but :
Is it possible to create a Windows executable file from a Cache MUMPS (COS) routine, such that the routine can be run directly from Windows ?
If so, could some kind soul direct me to a source of information that describes the process.
I am using the free Intersystems Cache installation (CachePCkit V2017.1) on Windows 10 for my own use & personal development.

Thanks

0 13
0 1.3K
Question
· Jan 11, 2018
Routing Rules

Is there a way in the routing rule to compare two fields in two different segments? For example, for the message below we need to compare one Identifier in PID-3 (uiytr5678906^^^^CKS)against another in MRG-1 (uiytr5678A06^^^^CKS). Both will always have the same IdentifierTypeCode (PID-3.5/MRG-1.5), but the ID number can be different. Just to clarify, we only want to compare the CKS IdentifierID, not the entire field or all the identifiers in the MRG-1 or PID-3 field.

0 13
0 1.3K

I have a lookup table and record batch Table I would like to do a count on the records stored in that batch by counting the number of records in that batch that have a certain key on the responseKey column. This column keys are stored in the look up table for comparison. So I would like to do a join sql pivot that will use my keys stored in the lookup as columns and count as values

so far I have managed to do this but this is not efficient I would like to fire that sql once not on every count

0 1
0 1.3K

I would like to examine the contents of my OBX-5 field and not route the message if it contains alphabetic characters. I've tried various combinations of the Match and Contains functions, with no luck. Should I be using the COS ? operator or plaini regular expressions?

e.g.

OBX-5 Contains "\D"

OBX-5 Contains "?.A"

OBX-5 Contains "[A-Z]"

0 17
0 1.3K

Hi

I am new to cache and accessing it using odbc (other data sources) from excel. I need to know how to get hold of the number of rows for each every object in my current schema.

I can find table name using following query but I need number of rows to estimate size of each table.

SELECT *
FROM %Dictionary.ClassDefinition ClassDefinition
0 2
0 1.3K
Question
· May 18, 2018
Database not mounting

Hi Guys,

I'm upgrading Cache 2008 to 2014, and for two clients so far all good, but with this third one and while trying to mount the main database that includes the data, I'm getting error #36 "database is not mountable"!?

but cache instances the old 2008 and the new 2014 at installed the same way (8 bit) and Cache.dat is (archive) NOT read only so I don't know what could be the problem?

Thanks

0 9
0 1.3K

Developers,

I am working with a CSP page with among other fields a checkbox.

Based on the checkbox I want to populate a drop-down box with specific options with a server side method using &html<....>.

I have the status of the checkbox in a javascript var.

Can I access this var or maybe the checkbox setting in the server side method?

Basically how do I know the status of the checkbox to populate the drop-down box correctly?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Jacques

0 5
0 1.3K

I am trying to write an application that will take some information on the database make a call to the Google API distance matrix and get the information to use with rest of the application without using the ensemble part of the development is this possible and how can I do my communication with the API from a cache class thanks in advance

0 7
0 1.3K
Question
· Jan 17, 2018
Atelier Dark theme

Hi

Has anyone managed to get a dark theme (Like Darcula or Obsidian) working on the Atelier plugin. The Eclipse themes apply to everything in the IDE except the editor window, so it kind of defeats the purpose. I've tried searching for one but so far no luck. I know you can set each colour individually in the settings but I'd like a single config I can load if possible.

Thanks

1 11
0 1.2K

Hi All,

I am new to webservice and UPS. I have tried the sample URL's that UPS have given for testing in PHP codes and it works just perfect for me.

But when i try to hit the same URL's in Ensemble. it gives some errors from UPS.

If anyone of you guys here has any knowledge about UPS integration or the webservice please help me. it will be much appreciated and helpful.

The ensemble code that i am trying with is,

0 5
0 1.2K

I'm using cache win10-x64 version 2017.2.1.801

I want to uniquely identify the installation of cache, and from that create a meaningful unique folder names to store files.

so to generate \192-168-1-100\KEVDEV\testfolder \ and \192-168-1-5\LIVE\testfolder\

so in this case, I could- use the IPaddress and thesecond part of $SYSTEM (cache instance name) - at least this way, I can instantly see where it came from with little risk of overwriting between cache instance.

0 10
0 1.2K
Question
· Jan 15, 2018
Headers in HttpRequest

Hi Guys,

I'm using Ensemble 2014 and have a code that Posts HttpRequest to a REST API and working fine, but don't know how to add Header to my request!?

I tried Set Request.SetHeader("Source","Civicview") but it's bringing a Syntax error, any help pls?

1 3
0 1.2K