Article
· Dec 7, 2015 4m read
Source Control Hooks and Atelier

So another topic that has been of interest to a number of people since the beta was put up last week is in regard to Studio Hooks and Atelier. This requires a bit of background and then some discussion of how the architecture of Atelier necessitates some changes and then what our current thinking on the subject is.

3 12
0 1.2K
Article
· Feb 19, 2016 4m read
Why Atelier? And what about Studio?

I have been meaning to make a post about this topic for a few weeks and the other day an issue came in through the WRC about it so it seems this is a conversation we should be having. I want to begin by taking a few moments to explain "Why Atelier" then we can talk about what this means in the general sense for Studio and Atelier and Caché developers. We have wrestled with what to do with Studio for years. When I moved to Product Management in 2008 this was already a "thing". At the time we could not reach a consensus. Some felt Studio was fine as is.

9 2
0 3.6K

Hello!

I'm trying to make a simple hello world program for iKnow but the documentation only shows examples using the scripting language or XML XData.

The domain is already created and configured, what I hope for is to be able to work with the data in some high-level language.

Is it possible to do something like this:

int domainId = 1;
IKnow iknow = new IKnow( domainId );
List concepts = iknow.getTopConcepts();

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

1 8
0 442

Is the default language (i.e., $$$DefaultLanguage, which is used as the basis for localization with $$$Text/etc. at compile time) always "en" for new Caché installations, or could it be different? How is this determined? I don't see an option to select a language during Caché installation.

Also, is there a supported/preferred API for setting the default language? Looking at %occMessages.inc, one option would be:

0 3
0 476

I'm working on a proposal for a deployment tool development project and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with such a thing.

We use Healthshare and implementations for new clients are tedius and lengthy. Lots of ensemble service, registry value, lookup tables, namespaces and other things have to be created and configured.

I would like to create a Zen or CSP page based deployment tool that can do all this with a few parameters and some custom code.

1 15
0 886

InterSystems is pleased to announce that Caché and Ensemble 2015.1.4 are now available as maintenance releases.
For a complete list of the corrections in 2015.1.4, please review the release notes.

Caché and Ensemble 2015.1.4 are available today for the same platforms as 2015.1.3.
The complete set of supported platforms, including specific point releases and/or patches, is detailed in the Supported Platforms document.

1 0
0 201

Hi Community!

Meet the new group in Developer Community:

InterSystems Data Platform Blog!

In this group you'll find technical posts form InterSystems engineers and Community about InterSystems Data Platform technology cases which we consider as good or even best practices.

Every article in this blog passes InterSystems engineers' reviewing procedure and only then becomes available. You are very welcome to comment and share it!

1 0
0 263

Hi all,

I was wondering, what is your favourite public cloud provider?

What is your level of engagement with the cloud provider? Are you testing their infrastructure? In which case I'd expect you being progressing a parallel test with at least a second provider ;-) Or, are you already running a production environment?

--

OK, so, let me be the first one to share my experience with one specific cloud provider.

2 8
0 432

Hi-

I'm curious to know what InterSystems clients are using for csp based web development methodology.

Are you doing tag based development, or class based development?

If you are using tag based development, what tools are you using to create the look and feel of your web pages? Are you using tools like Adobe Dreamweaver, or do your developers sit down and code HTML using plain editors like Notepad and Notepad++

Are you doing prototyping of web pages and then adding CSP tags, or are you just developing the finished csp page with no prototype?

2 2
0 405

C:\data\backup.bat :

C:\InterSystems\Ensemble\bin\cache -s"C:\InterSystems\Ensemble\Mgr" -U%%SYS ##Class(Backup.General).ExternalFreeze() <C:\data\login.scr

echo %ERRORLEVEL%

rem note that we need to check errorlevel from highest to lowest here....

if errorlevel 5 goto OK

2 0
0 1.8K

Hi, Community!

There are only six days left to win InterSystems Developer Community MVP prize.

As it was announced in addition to Free Registration on InterSystems Global Summit winner gets 4 nights stay in the Arizona Baltimore, Waldorf Astoria Resort.

We measure contribution to Developer Community on valuable posts and comments and prepared special leaderboard built on InterSystems DeepSee.

By default, it shows all the members. We added the filter to the dashboard to show leaderboard without members who are InterSystems employees.

So here is current leaderboard without InterSystems members:

2 6
0 253
Question
· Feb 23, 2016
Ensemble 2016.1

Hi,

Does anybody know when Ensemble 2016.1 will be general availability?

We are holding off upgrading, providing the wait won't be too long.

Thanks,

Graham

0 3
0 351