Well I want to set the type of a piece in a global as a String, because when I use float numbers , the system parse them to numbers instead of use like strings and thats a little bit tricky with the sorts

Here is a code example:

ACB>s ^a("1.0012")=""// that is going to be stored as a number

ACB>s ^a("1.0011")="" // that is going to be stored as a number

ACB>s ^a("1.0010")="" // that is going to be stored as string

ACB>zw ^a

^a(1.0011)=""

^a(1.0012)=""

^a("1.0010")=""

0 2
0 270
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,880 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Hello everyone! Don't miss the Developer Community Post Digest for July 2022.
General Stats
151 new posts published in July:
– 26 new articles
– 37 new announcements
– 83 new questions
– 5 new discussions
153 new members joined in July
9,935 posts published all time
11,316 members joined all time
0 0
0 120

Asymmetric cryptography is a cryptographic system that uses pairs of keys: public keys which may be disseminated widely, and private keys which are known only to the owner. The generation of such keys depends on cryptographic algorithms based on mathematical problems to produce one-way functions. Effective security only requires keeping the private key private; the public key can be openly distributed without compromising security.

In such a system, any person can encrypt a message using the receiver's public key, but that encrypted message can only be decrypted with the receiver's private key.

Robust authentication is also possible. A sender can combine a message with a private key to create a short digital signature on the message. Anyone with the sender's corresponding public key can combine the same message and the supposed digital signature associated with it to verify whether the signature was valid, i.e. made by the owner of the corresponding private key. (C) Wikipedia.

0 2
0 619

Hi,

I am trying the following command in order to freeze the instance before backup is done:

csession CACHE -U%SYS "##Class(Backup.General).ExternalFreeze()"

The command requires user name and password to be supplied when prompted. Is there any way that this command can be run where it doesn't query the credentials? I am wondering if it can use OS level permissions (root or effective user who owns Cache processes etc) .

My test is on a CentOS 6 machine if that helps.

Thanks,

Raghu

0 2
0 1.1K

Hi all — we're excited to release the first three episodes of the all-new Data Points podcast! The video below contains a short highlight from each episode, but head over to https://datapoints.intersystems.com to check out all three and subscribe on your favorite podcast app! In the coming days, we will share individual posts for each episode, to allow for further discussion. Feel free to let us know your thoughts, comments, questions, and suggestions for future topics!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OBsonGRZuZ8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 160

In my country we speak in spanish. My developing machine uses windows 8.1

I made a nice looking html mock-up using angular material (in Atom, writing in UTF-8). I just moved that mock-up to the CSP folder inside Ensemble and it shows the typical weird characters of character encoding problems.

Have you had an issue like this before?

My temporal solution for the html files: I just configured Atom to read the files in Windows 1252 encoding.

0 6
0 983
Question
· Mar 4, 2017
Calculated Fields
  1. How can I create a calculated field to give the previous date. For example, I need to create a pivot table that shows total payments posted for the prior day.

2. How to create a calculated field to show average daily collections divided by the number of the days passed in a month. So, for today, it would be the average daily collections divided by 4days.

Thanks!

0 3
0 439

Hey Developers,

Join us to review the latest additions to Health Insight and future product plans for analytics in HealthShare:

Health Insight New and Next @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A1LPBSEWRjQ
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 138
Question
· Mar 1, 2020
SQL Inbound Adapter Errors

Hi,

I created a BS with a SQL Inbound Adapter.

Query = "SELECT rowid, fname ,lname,datesent
FROM labs
WHERE datesent IS NOT NULL"

DeleteQuery = " update labs set datesent = Getdate() where rowid = ?"

KeyFieldName = "rowid"

i am getting the following errors.

"NOT assuming network disconnect error based on: Gateway failed: DropStatement."

"Skipping previously errored row '235'"

0 1
0 289
Question
· Mar 22, 2017
Unable to sFTP to vendor

We have many sFTP business operations that work successfully. I just modified an existing one to point to a new IP and Port, as well as use new credentials (username and password only). When I attempt to sFTP a file, I receive the following error.

0 5
0 2.5K
Question
· Mar 24, 2017
Firefox V52

I have a 100% ZEN application combined with 100% ZENReports and am also using IFind which is part of the solution.

Our application is a cloud hosted solution where we lease a server which does not have a website, only Cache configured under IIS. Connectivity to our site is premised on a URL string such as u12345.usa-server.com/csp/namespace/Cache.cls

0 2
0 286

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way, or what is your recommended way to generate, or develop some kind of deep interest or even some joy, love, or excitement towards coding, programming, software developing. Specifically for people aged between 20 and 30 years old.

I am aware of some programming games like the following ones:

https://wintrmut3.itch.io/maelstromexe

https://theov.itch.io/automaton

0 5
0 204
Question
· Mar 26, 2020
Merge two lists?

Hello,

We are developing a method to take two messages which have a list of data types. It is being defined as:

Class Mensajes.Response.HistoriaClinica.ConsultaCitasResponse Extends Ens.Response [ ProcedureBlock ]
{

0 1
0 573

I have done Python - Cache binding setup following the guide from http://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=.... I have also run test.py from sample3 folder and it able to run and complete successfully.

However, when I try to run the same test.py code via $zf, it gives error with exit code 1.

I've tried running help("intersys.pythonbind3") via $zf and also running from Cache terminal as follows:

0 6
0 687

It is possible to update Cache object property from Python using the following Python code, with import of intersys.pythonbind3:

my_object.set("my_property",["A","B","C"])

However, I am unable to save 2D %List with 2D Python array like the following:

my_object.set("my_property",[["A","B","C"],["1","2","3"]])

I am not sure whether this is Python-Cache bind flaw or design issue. Is there any alternative/ workaround to do the same for above?

0 3
0 361