InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,959 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi,

I am trying to load all the data tables from one iris server to a client server but some of the tables data failing to load all the time. But I can load around 100 tables successfully but 8 to 10 tables are failing all the time. I made an IRIS odbc connection using odbc driver to load the data from tables.

Also I can see read server loop error message on the iris server side as the same time the table loading fails.

Please find the screen shot attached which shows the error on client server.

0 15
0 657

I use macros everyday, but its the first time I want to create a macro like this

I want to create a new macro whereby I can pass a variable amount of parameters

the macro (much simplified version) would be

#define myMacro(%params) $listBuild(any Number Of %params I pass in)

so I want to be able to call $$$myMacro(user,ID,vehicle) ie 3 parameters would generate

$lb(user,ID,vehicle)

but equally I might want to call that same macro $$$myMacro(companyID) ie 1 paramter and would generate

$lb(companyID)

0 4
0 400

SCOPE OF SERVICES:
The Database Developer’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• To perform support and maintenance of existing Cache code
• Analysis and migration of existing Cache code to Microsoft SQL; and Web Services (SOA)

REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:

A minimum of 5 proven years of experience in computer applications development planning, design, troubleshooting, integration, maintenance, and enhancement of Cache Database applications.

0 0
0 211
Question
· Mar 14, 2021
Byte[] property type

One of the REST APIs we need to call takes one of request parameter as a byte array. I am trying to create a message class and couldnt figure out which is equivalent type that corresponds to Byte[]. I need to read from a jpg file and then convert it to byte[] before i invoke this webservice. Appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction. I can use %Stream.FileBinary class to store the jpg file after loading from a file. trying to figure out how to convert that to byte[].

0 4
0 510

Recently I started moving some of our JDBC Gateway configurations over to using the Microsoft JDBC Gateway driver instead of using the jTDS open source driver. I have noticed since then that those Objects that are using Microsoft JDBC Driver are throwing a lot more errors than the jTDS driver ever did, which I can understand however I am puzzled that I keep running into an issue with the Java Gateway Service within the Interoperability engine.

0 1
0 207
Question
· Apr 24, 2018
Atelier sync fail

Background : We are now using server side shared developer pool via Studio.

I have setup Atelier on my local and forked the code from the server to workspace on my local. Meanwhile another developer made a change in some class and I want to see the changes.

So I went to Atelier Explorer found the class with "small yellow triangle" (this says that the code changed at the server). So right clicked and did a diff against the server version and found the changes. Now I tired to sync my local with server code by clicking right click and "Synchronize". Got following error.

0 6
0 386

I need to redirect user to a url, which is 5000+ characters long.
To do that I set:

set %response.Redirect = url

However, in the browser I receive this header:

In WriteHTTPHeader method of %CSP.Response, where the LOCATION header is
written:

Write "Location: ", <Redirect>,!

After I added a buffer flush, after the above-mentioned line:

0 8
0 439

Background: We have our own SQL map that predates InterSystems'. A program writes an XML file for each table map class as $system.OBJ.Export would. $system.OBJ.LoadDir loads the XML files into .cls files.

The reason is a long story, but we need to update parameter EXTENTSIZE (only) in existing classes. This does not seem to happen. As a test I used $system.OBJ.Export to make an XML file and edited EXTENTSIZE in the two places it appears in the XML:

0 4
0 422

Greetings.

I have a scenario in ENSEMBLE, where a business process router A is dependent on another business process router B. If B shuts down for some reason, A has to be disabled as well.

Do i need to write a custom process for B and call the call back method onShutdown or something?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy Christian.

0 0
0 98
Question
· May 16, 2018
DTM management question

Is there a group in or outside of this community for discussion of DTM issues? I am working on a conversion to Caché for a client but in the meantime, he is still live with his DTM system and a system management issue has arisen. The convo:

Client: Do you know how to increase the page limit in MUMPS DTM? One version of my database I use for one customer is telling me I have reached my page limit. I have increased the page limit in the database you are reviewing; so I figure there is a setting I am missing.

0 1
0 352

Hey everyone.

I have been revisiting our backup strategy, and spotted that IRIS supports VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) in Windows. This is quite attractive as an approach, as it automatically calls the external freeze and thaw commands.

However when calling these manually, there's quite a few parameters that can be set, and the documentation around VSS only states that the freeze/thaw commands are called.

Is there a way of controlling the parameters used, or at the very least know what the defaults are?

0 1
0 405

I have a webpage in CSP in which there is a link to download files (files are located in specific folder). When the user clicks on the link , it has to download the file into their local machine. Attached code for both upload and download the file from server, upload is working and download is printing the file in webpage rather than downloading it. Appreciate your help.

Upload (Working fine):

0 4
0 253

I was wondering if there is a way of adding additional headings under the settings tab for services etc?

I'm aware its possible to add items under the additional settings heading, but being able to split these out into separate headings would look a lot nicer.

0 2
0 217

Hello!

I'm currently trying to setup a SFTP Ensemble production to handle all of my SFTP transactions. It's been going well, but I'm currently running into an issue where it is saying it is unable to exchange encryption keys. Error Below:

Unable to exchange encryption keys [80101005] at Session.cpp:238,0' matched ReplyCodeAction 1 : 'E=R' resulting in Action code R

Any advice on getting around this would be appreciated.

0 3
0 194

Hi,

When i try to configure my server connection in Atelier (Eclipse), i am getting the below exception.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Provider org.glassfish.jersey.internal.RuntimeDelegateImpl could not be instantiated: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No generator was provided and there is no default generator registered

It was all working fine and i think that the only thing which i have done was installing some windows updates. Now when i try to configure the server configuration i started getting the above error, any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks,

0 5
0 433

Hello,

I need to access the value of a setting I created (ex: name_BO) within the logic of my BP.

Property name_BO As %String(MAXLEN = "");

/// Additional Settings 
Parameter SETTINGS = "name_BO:Basic:selector?context={Ens.ContextSearch/ProductionItems?targets=1&productionName=@productionId}";

But the class is common and the production item names will change.

0 1
1 451
Question
· Jun 20, 2018
%Development permission issue

Hi All,

On button click from my zen page am calling the $System.SQL.ShowPlan() to calculate the cost of the SQL query.

In Cache` 2016.2 I faced a problem , when the logged in user didn't have the %development resource(<PROTECT> error).

But in Cache` 2017.2 it's working without the %development resource.

Is there any changes done on this area in the versions above 2016.2.

Thanks,

Dinesh

0 2
0 250