InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,955 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Announcement
· Aug 23, 2019
New Video: Globals Quickstart

Hi Community!

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Joel Solon, InterSystems Senior Technical Trainer:

Globals Quickstart

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jJifoZq2bW0
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 485

Hi All,

I have created a REST class in which have the Parameter HandleCorsRequest = 1;

I can able to access the API using Postman, but not with my web application. It throws the below error.

Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'http://localhost:52773/IrisVSCode/app/test' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

0 5
0 15.7K

Our team is reworking an application to use REST services that use the same database as our current ZEN application. One of the new REST endpoints uses a query that ran very slowly when first implemented. After some analysis, we found that an index on one of the fields in the table greatly improved performance (a query that took 35 seconds was now taking a fraction of a second).

3 4
0 423

The .NET Core Identity model has an IPasswordHasher<> interface for for

• Hashing a password so that it can be stored in a database
  • Verifying a provided plain-text password matches a previously stored hash.

I am getting invalid password errors during the login process when the .NET Core Identity model computes a hash from a plain text input and compares it to a password hash value I've returned from Caché. The default hashing algorithm is PBKDF2 with HMAC-SHA256, 128-bit salt, 256-bit subkey, and 10,000 iterations (detailed article on .NET Core Identity PasswordHasher). The algorithm Caché uses is probably different which may be why I am getting errors.

0 6
1 2.3K
Article
· Aug 21, 2019 2m read
ToolBox-4-Iris

Hello everyone,
After some work with IRIS we want to share our ToolBox-4-Iris with you.

What is this about?

The ToolBox-4-Iris is an API for IRIS with a collection of handy and useful tools - features that are not available in IRIS, but greatly simplify application development. To save time and effort on the "typical tools" that every developer needs. This includes additional classes, individual methods or even more efficient macros, which are described in the respective packages.

Content

11 3
1 383

Hi Community!

Two more new videos are already on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

1. Machine Learning - How it Works - Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/embed/47M8FWB5C5Y
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2. Machine Learning - How it Works - Part 2

1 0
1 353

I'm a DBA and support Caché databases on AIX. I coded shell scripts for monitoring journaling status, databases size, license end date.

We recently got a new instance of Caché on Windows. I'm just curious to know whether anyone coded database monitoring scripts on Windows using PowerShell or any other scripting language.

If yes, please share the details.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath Nunepalli.

0 3
0 458
Question
· Aug 20, 2019
Adding a header line to a file

I have set up a process to produce a daily file to be submitted to another system and this is working (using EnsLib.RecordMap.Operation.FileOperation). However, the file needs to have a header line added each time it is created so it can be processed by the down stream system. Looking though EnsLib.RecordMap.Operation.FileOperation and EnsLib.File.OutboundAdapter, I can't see where I can do this easily. Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 3
0 352
Question
· Aug 19, 2019
Filter by time in Routing Rule

I have a colleague that is trying to eliminate any HL7 transactions that have admit date/time of midnight from going to an downstream system within a routing rule. I have tried several different iterations of code trying to figure this out just in the routing editor. Without having to write an object script function is this possible?

0 4
0 353

Hi all,

One of the most useful features for me in IRIS was the queue page. From there, I could see how the different elements (BS, BP & BO) from a production were behaving, thanks to the possibility of auto-refresh every second. Great thing.

But we have updated to 2019.1 and this possibility is gone... we need to refresh manually! So, is there any way to set a parameter somewhere to have the queues status refreshed automatically?

Thanks a lot.

0 1
2 336

Hi Developers!

InterSystems IRIS stores everything in globals and if we use ObjectScript classes to persist data class documents globals it uses in storage. But if you use globals for calculations, temporary storages, for special indexes or for some other purposes - how do you document it?

Possible options which come to my mind:

1. Macro

#define Array ^MyGlobal

usage:

s $$$Array(1)=1

2. Class parameter

Parameter Array ="^MyGlobal";

Usage:

0 3
0 326

I have two local instances:

• IRIS for Windows (x86-64) 2018.1.2 (Build 626_3U) Wed Jun 12 2019 19:07:59 EDT
  • IRIS for Windows (x86-64) 2019.1 (Build 510U) Thu Mar 14 2019 14:13:37 EDT

I'm using Java Gateway to talk to external system.

Both instances are using the same:

• jar
  • generated class
  • java version

They are calling the same method with this java signature:

1 1
1 196

Hi

Sometimes I have Atelier gettinng stuck on background task "Updating server container".

This maxes out one of the cpu cores and I end up having to kill the process. This is on version 1.3.139.

0 3
0 236

Hi,

Is there any way to set environment variables in Linux from Cache?

I see a way to get an environment variable with: $system.Util.GetEnviron()

Essentially I am converting from VMS (DCL) to Linux.

In VMS we used $ZF(-1,"SETSYM") in Cache to a value and then interpreted that value in a DCL procedure.

0 2
0 717

I've just been tempted to the option exchange (curiosity) and when browsing, I often right-click, and open links in a new tab, eventually ;-) I have enough interesting open tabs to go off and read the tabbed articles,

I can't do this in open exchange, it will only allow a direct click to open the url.

even worse, when I come back (to where I left off) It starts from the top of the page.

any chance of changing the url's to allow us to right click and open in a new tab

2 3
0 188
Question
· Aug 15, 2019
List property

I have a list property that I query from the database to get the values contained in that list using $LISTFROMSTRING() when the list is returned the list values contain a rectangle like character similar to when you copy past something to the Terminal and it has a preceding space .The problem is I need to compare those values to other values and they do not match because of this value I have tried to use $EXTRACT(value,*W) and *P but this is not striping the preceding character how do I get rid of this character any ideas please.

0 3
0 470
Question
· Aug 15, 2019
Error on Trakcare Report

Hi,

I am trying to create a new report on Trakcare. I created a class file and corresponding crystal report . It works fine and data is populating when I try to run on crystal environment. But when I make a setup on Trakcare and click on print option, I am getting an error on print history " VB error in tkCrystalJob] Error number[-2147417848] Method '~' of object '~' failed [at line 421]". If I click on print preview option its going to empty browser. Inorder to setup new report, already made set up on report manager and menu manager.

0 1
0 416