Hi,

I am investigating creating builds from TravisCI, which will pull the source from github.
This will also involve a code review process, pull request, etc.

It will be done in Multiple phases. The first one will not involve automated testing using TravisCI yet. It will only involve travisCI pulling the latest code from github and creating a release for testing(A deployment file in a format that can be loaded by Ensemble0)

1 8
0 198
Question
· May 27, 2021
JDBC counts don't match

I'm using a JDBC driver to connect PGSQL -> Cache. I'm noticing when I run SELECT queries and COUNT(*) command against the same table, I get different result sets. I'm pretty new to Cache in general - so I'm trying to understand why these would be different.

Examples (TransID and InvNum should occur in every "row"):

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ACCT.Services = 1,090,324 WHERE ACCT.Dept = 483

SELECT TransID FROM ACCT.Services = 1,085,776 WHERE ACCT.Dept = 483

SELECT InvNum FROM ACCT.Services = 586,023 WHERE ACCT.Dept = 483

0 8
0 188

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing a TCP inbound Service to read some XML sent from a TCP Operation that uses EnsLib.TCP.CountedOutboundAdapter.

1) I have tried EnsLib.TCP.Inbound adapter but that gives this error:

ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <METHOD DOES NOT EXIST>zinitConfig+7 ^Ens.Host.1 *%New,EnsLib.TCP.InboundAdapter -- logged as '-'
number - @'
Set ..Adapter = $classmethod(..#ADAPTER,"%New")'

Due to this, the adapter is unable to start listening for incoming connections.

0 7
0 687

I need to do some nifty string manipulation on a source property. I will not be able to do it with the functions available(with the knowledge that I have of what is available). Could I call a ClassMethod to do this for me? This is what I want to do: The source property is "myemail@myemaildomain.co.uk". I need to add the text "test" to the beginning of that string. "testmyemail@myemaildomain.co.uk".

0 7
0 220

Hello everyone,

I don't want to believe that Intersystems didn't add a method/process/rule to sort alphabetically a list of names (in array, $ LB or whatever)

I haven't found any documentation about this. I've even tried comparing two strings but have not found a solution.

My cry for help is...

Does exists any command to compare two strings and check if one of them is lower or upper according to aphabet?

Please, give me a light in this dark

Best regards.
Kurro Lopez

1 7
0 819

I have created a custom role in IRIS for users to provide limited view-only access for querying tables in the HSANALYTICS namespace. WinSQL has been installed on a Windows server (WinSQL Lite version 14.0.244.784) and an ODBC connection entry has been created in WinSQL for the users to log in and run SQL queries. The custom role provides the roles/resources included in the attached file. The WinSQL System DSN entry defined is:

Health Insight UAT HSANALYTICS 64-bit InterSystems ODBC35

The ODBC35 driver is defined as:

0 7
0 469
Question
· Sep 1, 2021
Database increase a lot

Hello,

The database is increasing a lot (almost a 1TB) and getting bigger with no sense after migration, the use of the plataform did not increase after the migration so is strange for us this increase.

how can I check everything is ok in the database? for example any table getting bigger.

Before the migration the logs were like:

07/22/21-17:18:26:304 (19701) 0 Starting Expansion for database /opt/Intersystems/HS/HS_201521705/mgr/cachetemp/. 276 MB requested.

0 7
0 501

Hi all,

I have a process that recive a datetime in ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+001) to %timestamp value.

Example: set myDatetime = "2021-11-04T11:10:00+0100"

I've triyed use $SYSTEM.SQL.CONVERT(myDatetime,"SQL_TIMESTAMP") but it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Regards,
Kurro Lopez

1 7
0 661

Hi everyone

I see that a new Apache bug has been discovered, and since various InterSystems products use an Apache webserver, have Intersystems released any news or updates on this? I'm not seeing any updates, press releases from them. Anyone know anything?

Andy

0 7
0 794

When i use &sql(SELECT ......) in Cache I can watch the generated code
In the generated .int code and see what is happening.
Just with my normal rights

Now in IRIS I have just 4 line calling some class %sqlcq.***
With enough rights i find there is no such class but the generated .int routine
%sqlcq.IRISAPP.xEZgUjdXCCgQdZQPpRdOye1Ci2ue.1
That holds the code that i had in my .int on Cache

Can i switch this back somehow ?

0 7
0 475
Question
· Feb 23, 2021
Logging for "Dead" Processes

Today we had an issue where a couple of our IRIS "processes" had a status of "Dead".

How do I configure IRIS so that, when that happens, IRIS will log an event to messages.log or alerts.log?

We are forwarding the contents of both of those logs to Splunk for analysis, and I'd like to be able to see those events in there as well.

0 7
0 314
Question
· Sep 2, 2021
Can't use terminal?

New to IRIS. Installed docker container as per instructions. From my system I run:

# docker exec -it iris bash

and then try to start a terminal session, which fails

irisowner@2f54ebfbc52f:~$ irissession IRIS

<NOTOPEN>

How do I successfully start a terminal session?

0 7
0 326

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to IRIS with .NET 4.5 and I see is quite different from Cache Method.

I have a connection and I can invoke a Method but I can't get %Stream.GlobalCharacter value as Class property and I can't use it in a ByRef parameter. With Cache we had the Intersystems.Data.CacheTypes namespace to use this "special" types.

Is there any documentation to use the %Stream.GlobalCharacter as class property and ByRef Param?

Thanks!

0 7
0 436

I have a client that no longer wants to use sftp to transmit their data file to me. Instead they want me to pick it up via a web service.

Email from client:

Here is the postman collection and mocking service to start your development. The API has only one URI parameter {id} for which you need to pass UniqueIdentifier(will let you know exact value later).

0 7
0 492

Is there a way to get a report of how many messages are passing through a production? I am trying to gauge how many messages we process weekly, monthly, and yearly. Also, over specific months.

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on this

We use Cache for Windows 2017.1.3

0 7
0 224

Hi,

I'm doing a query in SQL and I need to sort my data by some non-repeated field.

Unfortunately, my data is grouped in a way that I cannot guarantee that any column will not have repeated data, so one solution would be to take the row number.

Also, the Cache is not accepting Row_Number () in my querry and I would like to know if there is another solution to return line numbers or some way to add this function to the Cache.

Best regards.

12 7
0 2.5K

Hello,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to decode the Azure access token in IRIS. Has anyone ever tried this before? I need to decode the token to extract the "Scope" details in order to verify the scope to make sure client is permitted to do the request they have done.

If you could point me to any information, that'd be great.

Thank you.

Utsavi

0 7
0 597