Question
· Jan 14, 2021
Saving image data from csp

I created a csp that will capture image data from a html canvas element. I created a button element to save the contents as a dataURL string from jpeg and make a server call.

the string is too long

I would appreciate any suggestions in saving the data into the server, currently just a global.

0 2
0 321
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,719 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jan 15, 2021
Multiple servers or CSPGateways

Hello to you all,

Strange titel, so I'll explain better:

I now have IIS-server with a CSPGateway installed. This works fine. But I want to use a rest-service (or another zen-page, whatever.) on another cache-server

So on IIS i have an application called CSP. (/csp) This contains the handler to map it to the CSPGateway.
It has been configured to acces a cache-server (X) which will handle the request. But now I want, in this case, the request to be executed on another cache-server(Y).

0 2
0 237

I would like to examine the contents of my OBX-5 field and not route the message if it contains alphabetic characters. I've tried various combinations of the Match and Contains functions, with no luck. Should I be using the COS ? operator or plaini regular expressions?

e.g.

OBX-5 Contains "\D"

OBX-5 Contains "?.A"

OBX-5 Contains "[A-Z]"

0 17
0 1.3K

Hi Community,

2020 was full of great applications!

Almost 400 apps have already been uploaded to InterSystems Open Exchange! And 200+ apps uploaded to our applications gallery in 2020!

We're so pleased to introduce the best Open Exchange developers and the most downloaded apps that you should definitely try!

Let's take a closer look at our heroes and remarkable apps:

5 0
0 260

Does anybody know if there is an easy way to know if the execution of the command $System.SQL.PurgeForTable went well/wrong?

The documentation describes that a string is returned, but in fact there is a nice Quit "" in the code.

Maybe inside PurgeForTable^%apiSQL there is any process variable set when it goes well/wrong?

Thank you very much!

0 5
0 185
Question
· Jan 7, 2021
How to audit data change?

Hi guys,

In our clients environment, multiple sources will connect to one DB (all through JDBC connections) and perform various operations. Sometimes they found some data was deleted without reason. Thus they want some feature like SQL Server Database Audit Specifications that can log who at what time with which IP deleted data in a specific DB.

I've checked IRIS Audit but I didn't find feature about that . How can we audit and log delete of a known DB? The deletions might be performed by delete statament or truncate table stattement.

Thanks.

0 5
0 498

Hi all,
By using VS code, I want to copy multiple files to local directory, then sync them to server, but I can't find where local directory is stored?
In Atelier IDE, I could open a view of server and can copy the code to the project, then code is saved in the local directory. When I copy multiple files to the local directory -> choose sync in Atelier -> the code will be synchronized to the server
How to do this from VS Code?
Thanks!

0 14
0 672
Announcement
· Jan 13, 2021
CCR Tier 1 Training March 1-5, 2021

Hello,

I'm happy to announce that there will be a training for CCR Tier 1 users soon!

Register now!

Course Name: InterSystems Change Control: Tier 1 Basics

When: March 1 - 5, 2021, 9am-1:30pm US Eastern Time (ET).

Where: Virtual Classroom. You will receive connection details shortly before class.

1 0
0 192

Hi Developers,

We're pleased to invite all the developers to the upcoming InterSystems Multi-model contest kick-off webinar! The topic of this webinar is dedicated to the Multi-model contest.

On this webinar, we will demonstrate the APIs for each data model in action.

Date & Time: Monday, January 11 — 10:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
🗣 @Benjamin De Boe, InterSystems Product Manager
🗣 @Bob Kuszewski, InterSystems Product Manager - Developer Experience
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager

4 2
0 235

Hi,

I am investigating creating builds from TravisCI, which will pull the source from github.
This will also involve a code review process, pull request, etc.

It will be done in Multiple phases. The first one will not involve automated testing using TravisCI yet. It will only involve travisCI pulling the latest code from github and creating a release for testing(A deployment file in a format that can be loaded by Ensemble0)

1 8
0 196

Tiny web application that allows you to anonymize CSV files. Based on InterSystems IRIS®

Version: store/intersystems/iris-community:2020.3.0.221.0

Application

Sample CSV where Date of Birth and Sex will remain untouched, while the rest should be anonymized.

before

The application recognizes the header columns and allows the user to chose which ones to ignore.

2 0
0 266

Index to Articles

Hi All

It's been 6 weeks since my original article sad
- - - - -but I have been busy on this project

I have been looking at/thinking about a replacement for ZEN for around 12 months but only really started in depth 4 months ago.
Also been in IT for long enough that I can "get a feel" for a product/technology and make decisions accordingly without going into great detail.
Any new technology has a learning curve and I don't want to waste time and effort on something that won't fly.
And, as always, I am looking to minimise the learning curve as I want to concentrate on delivering business benefit.

15 3
1 907
Discussion
· Jan 10, 2021
Code Golf: Diamonds
To start the year let's have a round of CodeGolf!

You know the drill. Shortest solution wins.

Print a size ascending range of Diamonds using the numbers 1 to 9, ranging from size 1 to size N, each diamond separated by a blank line.

A size 1 diamond should look like this, a single centered 1:

With the size N=9 diamond looking like this:

2 19
0 456

DataGrip is a multi-engine database environment targeting the specific needs of professional SQL developers, DataGrip makes working with databases an enjoyable and productive experience.

To work with InterSystems IRIS from DataGrip you'll need to add InterSystems JDBC driver first (once per DataGrip) and after that add all your InterSystems IRIS connections.

Part 1: Add InterSystems IRIS JDBC Driver

1. Go To File → DataSources

1 0
0 629

We've our Cache running on Windows 2012 Server, but I've a Macbook Pro. Earlier I was using Miscrosoft Remote Desktop 8, to remote into our Windows server & everything worked.

Since version 8 is discontinued, I installed Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.5, which works for everything except starting Terminal.

I get error 'NTI Connection Error'

(287) Error writing to Pipe
Reason: (998) Invalid Access to Memory Location.

If I do remote desktop from Windows machine (using same credentials), it works.

0 2
0 359
Article
· Sep 10, 2020 3m read
How To Create "Write-Only" Code

One of the leading benefits of ObjectScript is the speed and efficiency it allows for an experienced developer. Let's look at an example of how you can benefit from ObjectScript today.

Suppose you have a class that stores the names of your users. We'll call the class Data.User, and give it a string property Name. Next, we will need a method to create a new user or update an existing one. A naive, simplistic approach might look like this example:

6 10
0 611