InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,538 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

We just faced an issue of the Atelier main menubar being disabled (greyed out) after upgrading the macOS development machine to High Sierra. I would like to share my findings about the issue and how to fix it.

This seems to be a known problem affecting several Java applications including Eclipse if the macOS user's primary language is not English: https://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20170925criticalbug.php

4 0
0 430

If you have an app that uses some Caché client Windows components that are not included into CacheODBC distribution (e.g. CacheActiveX.dll), you need to proceed Caché client installation on end user's client computers and/or MS Terminal Servers. Being a part of Caché client's installation, Caché Cube is installed along with other components and is autostarted with every user's session. So, it becomes visible to every user.

To make it completely invisible, you can just move CACHE.lnk file from

2 0
0 453

One of the most important features during application development is the ability to debug your code easily. Because of the asynchrnous nature, a standard Node.js application server works single-threaded by default. When you are developing applications using an IDE like Visual Studio Code, you can very easily debug your Node.js process:

First, download the free Visual Studio Code IDE (@code) and install it on your development machine.

3 0
0 2K
Question
· Oct 7, 2017
.xls format problem

When i tried to print .txt format,data will be coming without space between each row but when
I tried to print .xls format mean ,it gives gap of each row.what is the reason behind this?

0 1
0 258
Announcement
· Oct 6, 2017
October 2017 DC Release

Hi, Community!

It's October and we have new DC release here. What's new?

1. InterSystems Single Sign-On for Global Masters

As you maybe heard about InterSystems Global Masters (GM) program. With this release, we introduced InterSystems SSO support for GM. So now everyone who has active WRC account can join GlobalMasters and no special invitation needed. You are welcome!
How it works:

0 0
0 280
Announcement
· Sep 25, 2017
September 2017 DC Release

Hi, Community!

I'm pleased to announce that we deployed a new release of Developer Community.

With this release we introduce:

1. New post type is introduced: Announcement

Choose Announcement as a post type if you want to say about a new product or feature release, about some new services in your company, if it is event announcement or there is a new job position open in your company.

2 10
0 370
Question
· Oct 6, 2017
sending mail alert

Hi world, i work on my business process and i meet a problem:

i want to send mail alert to the patient when he misses take his temperature measure

in the method for checking if the measure is missed or no , i want to integrate my code wich allows me to trig an alert an send a mail reminder to the patient .

Do you have any idea how doing it .

thank's

0 1
0 473

Hi All,

I need some clarification on web service (Soap Service). For each Soap request, system consuming 1 license and it is not releasing until CSP session timeout and extra grace period 5.10 minutes(310 seconds).
Due to this, at some time license consumption is full.
If i use with Login credential (i.e password authenticated web service), it consumes one license for 25 connections(request).
But i need to use it as anonymous user(Unauthenticated).
Please advice.

Thanks,
Sabarinathan M

1 3
0 566

Hi, Community!

This week we have two videos. Check all new session recordings from Global Summit 2017:

1. Containers for InterSystems Technologies

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lgDCkGvjL8I
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 4
0 340

Hi, Community Members!

The goal why we are posting questions on Developer Community is to get the answer.

Here is very simple guidelines document on how to ask questions which would get answers.

When you post a question you need to feel 3 fields: title, body, and group. And tags.

1. The Title

A good title should contain the brief description of your problem - it should not be longer than 80-90 symbols.

But brief doesn't mean one word. These are not very good titles for questions: Cache, Ensemble, Peace, World.

2 6
0 455

Hello!
We want an Integration that should be moving files from a FTP server in a DMZ zone into another FTP server on our local network.
I tried using EnsLib.FTP.PassthroughService(EnsLib.FTP.InboundAdapter, EnsLib.FTP.OutboundAdapter)
Using this approach ensamble write data to the database, causing the CACHE.DAT to grow for every file that is moved.
Looks like the entire file is written to the database, is this the case?
We are not really interested in storing any file content information in ensamble in this particular case.

0 6
0 883

I have implemented a csv record mapper to read files into the production in ensemble but it errors every time I read a file with headers on the columns as these are not recognised as the specified data types .Is there a way to ignore the headers when reading in values from a file with headers. Please note this have been built using the pre built components.

0 1
0 690
Question
· Oct 3, 2017
.NET Gateway vs. Java Gateway

Hello,

we have to implement some application logic using either Java or .NET. Which should we choose? Given that all other considerations are equal, which is in your experience better way performance-wise to interact with external components in Caché: .NET Gateway or Java Gateway?

Thanks.

0 1
0 357

Hi

Reading through the installation guide I found a fairly stern warning in the robustness checklist not to use the inbuilt apache web server.

>Use a robust web server. Do not use the limited Apache server installed with
>Ensemble. It is provided as a convenience for use on development systems and
> is not a fully capable web server.

We only have a few users, the Interface team (3), an integration consultant(1) and an interface monitoring/development vendor.

0 2
0 390
Question
· Oct 1, 2017
Convert HL7 to XML

Hi We have a need in our Ensemble production to take HL7 ver 2.3 and provide an XML representation of it to provide to non-HL7 consumers. What would be the prefereed way to do it. Are there are pre-defined XML schemas in Ensemble that could be use ? We are currently on Ensemble 2015.2

0 2
0 2.1K

When I create a project and pull in files from the server, certain files (BPLs and DTLs) aren't synchronized, and when I try to sync them (without making any changes) I get a Resolve Version Conflict screen, with differences between the local copy and server copy. Sometimes the Parameters are in different places, or the Storage will be on top of one and on the bottom of the other, and sometimes the server copy will flat out have lines that aren't in the local copy at all.

0 2
0 291