We are go to set up an odbc connection using data direct odbc on a linux redhat install, x86_64 gnu

I have downloaded the ODBC-2017.2.2.865.0-lnxrhx86.tar.gz and now need to set up the entry in the odbc

Problem is, what .so do I use??

0 3
0 2.2K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,147 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I installed an evaluation version of Caché now.

The Windows version of the Caché client component kit is required to manage and operate Linux or Mac machines with Caché installed.
The Windows version of the Caché kit includes client components. Although it is written,

How can I get the Windows version of the Caché client component kit? If you do not use the Caché client component kit, you can not use CACHÉ on Mac, right?

Is it better to install windows os on virtualbox and use Caché?

Please answer.

0 1
0 280

in order to do analysis on huge data volumes, it is better to take you data to a separate machine for analysis away from the operational machine, so trying to write huge globals or tables into files as is would take a huge space, what could be a solution or best practice ?..in python for instance, there is the pickling option (serializes data to byte string and saves it to a file) to save space, what could be best in object script ?

0 11
0 1.2K

You have a global ^CODE("TNO","BIO",291,"AKI") that may or may not exist. On the data side of the global ref it can have a boolean value of 0 (false) or 1 (true) and this global is wrapped up in a Caché class accessible from myobject.AKI property. At the object level, how do you check whether the property is defined ie. is there a $DATA equivalent for Cache Object properties? Also, how would you kill /null the property as opposed to making the value 0 (false) or an empty string?

0 10
0 3.3K
Question
· Jul 27, 2021
How To Pass Custom Class

I've created a custom class that extends to the standard HS.Message.PatientSearchRequest. Inside the custom class i just want to pass the data as input only.

But i am getting ERROR #6277: Type attribute, s01:AcoPatientSearchRequest, does not specify valid type for XML input tag: pRequest (ending at line 5 character 171)
</error>

I tried adding Parameter XMLIGNOREINVALIDTAG = 1; and

0 8
0 493
Question
· Oct 9, 2018
SID Conversion

Hi all,By using LDAP cache method ##Class(%SYS.LDAP).GetValuesLen(LD,CurrentEntry,Attribute) we get the list of attributes but in "ObjectSid" attribute have the SID in binary format(objectSid^U¤:c@ãºþÕLCP]). how to convert to the readable format from the binary format in cache side.
Please help us to proceed further

0 3
0 332
Question
· Nov 20, 2023
Working with Named Pipes

While creating my latest examples for the JavaContest I faced the need
to communicate with my code from a program in IRIS to my Java code.

Communication with |CPIPE| worked as READ or WRITE but not both?
In the Documentation Named PIPEs are explained rather shortly.
"Once open, a pipe acts like an ordinary device." Not so precise.
I failed to achieve my expected READ/WRITE as TCP would offer.

0 4
0 246
Question
· Aug 5, 2021
Convert hexadecimal to base64

Hello, first of all thanks for your time reading our question 💭

We would need to be able to transform a hexadecimal string to a base64 coded one. 🔄

To be specific, our use case is this:

1º We have our hexadecimal as follows:

4C5803040101020179C3913EC3BA7C4C580708010101021824584D4C

2º We convert it to ASCII:

LXyÑ>ú|LX$XML

using this online tool:

0 5
0 1.4K

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has had some experience in building systems for multiple end-users.

To keep things simple, in a hypothetical example, say an Event Booking System, where a Venue could sign up to use such a system and define it's Venue, costs, calendars, etc.. and then invite their customers to book the Venue on different days/times.

If I wish to offer such a system to many Venues, there are a number of options available.

0 6
0 1.8K
Question
· Nov 1, 2018
Pattern Match with Cache

I'm trying to interpret a ObjectScript pattern and I am stumped on the first part. I understand everything else but not sure what 1.A means. I know A stands for Alpha characters just not sure what the 1. means

0 3
0 513

I have a handful of EnsLib.HL7.MessageRouter sending an HL7 message to a single Business Process (Ens.BusinessProcess).

In the OnRequest method, I am declaring pRequest as EnsLib.HL7.Message

What I need to do is determine which HL7 Router sent any given request to my BusinessProcess.

To do this, I know that I need to fetch the SourceConfigName property from the Ens.MessageHeader of the Request, but I am not sure how (or if) I can fetch this data from within the OnRequest Method.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Bill Casey

0 2
0 338

In the wew versions of IRIS the Studio is going to be deprecated. In the Studio when editing classes there is an option to add information at package level, with the option "Package Information" that shows this dialog:

In VSCode there is the option to add/edit this package information? If no, how can one add/edit this information without the Studio?

Thanks.

0 8
0 285

Hi all,

I have an incoming JSON message with a string field exceeding in length the 'caché long-string limit' of 3641144 characters.

Using {}.%FromJSON(instream) I am able to create %DynamicObject properly. However, I am unable to access the long property, as in every assignment, I get the <MAXSTRING> error.

Is there any way for me to obtain contents of the 'too long' string field as a stream?

Thanks

Jiri

0 3
0 11.5K

Hi - Looking at encoding a .rtf file to Base64 - I've seen the Base64Encode Method and I can pass text but how would you pass a file? Or is there another method that can do this?

The end goal is to place the encoded output in a MDM^T02 (in OBX Segment) HL7 Message.

Appreciate any pointers - Thank You

0 2
0 415

I created a custom class for a process that does some basic manipulation to an HL7 message. I'd like to be able to write some debugging to the process event log. How would I do that?

I've tried ##class(Ens.Util.Trace).WriteTrace("system","HOSP.IHE.PDQProcess","MessageHeaderHandler","Discarding input message")

but I get a runtime error when I try that. I know this is pretty basic stuff, but any help would be appreciated.

0 2
0 751
Question
· Aug 27, 2021
SSO Login

Hi

We have an application that is logged using AWS SSO.
We are passing username and password from the AWS SSO to our application for validating the user.
But what we need is, we need to login to application without using the password.
Is there any possible way available for this?

Thanks,
Syed M

0 1
0 229
Article
· Sep 28, 2015 1m read
Ensemble Getting Started

Are you new to Ensemble? InterSystems provides several tools to learn the basics of Ensemble and get on your way to becoming an expert in the technology. Before installing Ensemble, take a look at the Ensemble Technology Overview and Getting Started with Ensemble in documentation. Respectively, these documents explain features and major components of Ensemble as well as how to install the software.

0 0
0 283