I would like to know if an encrypted caché database can run significantly slower than a normal "unencrypted" database, in a way that is noticeable to the end user (e.g. slower response time for most pages, especially the ones that rely on read/writing to globals).

I searched in Intersystems knowledge base and couldn't find anything related. I'm looking for possible before/after benchmarks.

0 3
0 265
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,763 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Feb 27, 2018 2m read
Dataset Lightweight M:N

This data set demonstrates a basic M:N relationship between 2 tables
The dataset is targeted to show a slim implementation of M:N
It's no question that other implementations exist. But at significantly more storage consumption.

6 0
0 273

As of today, the Angular Clone CCR page is now live for CCR Beta Users. Beta testers will be sent to the Angular clone page from anywhere you would normally clone a CCR. No existing functionality will be lost.

Any issues or feedback can be reported here or in your regular support channels.

Many thanks to our CCR UI beta testers! If you would like to join the beta tester program, you can enable the checkbox on your CCR user page here.

Other pages in Beta: Create CCR Page

1 1
0 129

The most recent release of Serenji features our innovative gj::locate technology. It was a standalone tool we originally created for a Developer Community contest earlier this year, but we've incorporated it into our debugger after some great feedback from developers. 

It works by navigating you directly to the source of your server-side errors in just a couple of clicks - enabling you to quickly fix errors without the need to count tedious lines of code... and let's be real, who has got time for that when you're under pressure to fix this bug? 

It's simple and straightforward to use:

1. Click on the gj::locate panel in the status bar

2. Enter the ObjectScript error message or line reference from a class/.mac routine..

3. gj::locate then does the work for you by taking you straight to the corresponding line in your source code.

Easy peasy... and with time to spare to make yourself a coffee before your deadline! 

The video below shows it in action - let us know if you've already given it a go. Or, if you're interested in trying it out we offer a free 30 day trial license, just drop me a message through the Developer Community or email us at info@georgejames.com.

Serenji 3.2.0 utilising gj::locate technology

2 0
0 191
Question
· Sep 30, 2021
Portal's category.

Hello,

I’m looking for a way to find out which category of portal a connector belongs to.
I looked at the class ‘Ens.Config.Production’ and ‘Ens.Config.Item’ but without success.

An idea about the ‘ObjectScript’ code to design?

Best Regards.

0 11
0 265

Hello

I made for fun a bash script that creates csv files from a %GOGEN exported file.
%GOGEN, the utility for exporting globals for Cache 5.xx

First I thought it would be very simply with bash, but ...
- if I want a header in the csv file
- if you export with GOGEN more globals together not only one
- if I want a csv file for every global/indexes has the global ..

The simply bash script goes up 100 lines of code. If I will start again with this, I would use Python or Go, not bash.

Example:

For a EXPORTED.GLO file

0 5
0 661

Have you read the September newsletter from InterSystems Learning Services? You'll find info about:

• The 2021 Virtual Summit Experience Labs
• Developing database code in Python
• InterSystems Security Basics: Now updated for InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Health®
• New documentation content for upcoming releases, including features that are part of the 2021 Experience Labs

Plus upcoming virtual classroom courses! Read September's newsletter, and subscribe to receive it in your inbox!

1 0
0 109
Question
· Sep 29, 2021
Locking / unlocking

Hi.

What is the best/right way to unlock the object in ObjectScript after the lock was acquired by %OpenId class method? Setting the opened object to null (Set object="") doesn't release the lock.

Regards,

Matjaž

0 19
0 589

I have a requirement which comes down to evaluating two fields, if they are both empty then provide a default value.

If one is empty but the other has a value, then set the empty one to the field with a value.

The screenshots are not the actual fields, I was just using the dtl and fields to prove out the solution.

When I saved and compiled in the Management Portal I got an error, but it still compiled.

0 4
0 196

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to IRIS with .NET 4.5 and I see is quite different from Cache Method.

I have a connection and I can invoke a Method but I can't get %Stream.GlobalCharacter value as Class property and I can't use it in a ByRef parameter. With Cache we had the Intersystems.Data.CacheTypes namespace to use this "special" types.

Is there any documentation to use the %Stream.GlobalCharacter as class property and ByRef Param?

Thanks!

0 7
0 434

We just upgrade from cache 2016.2 to IRIS 2020.1.1.

After this upgrade we cannot access to the portal web management, and dont give errors about that just this:

09/28/21-15:59:16:654 (20192) 1 [Utility.Event] Private web server has not started after 5 seconds.

Is this normal?

I followed the guide but dont talk nothing about that.

This is a normal problem when upgrading?

Thanks!!

0 3
0 493

Hi all,

I wonder how to sync my server code to my local code using Visual Studio Code.

Previously, using Atelier, you could open a view of server and can copy the code to the current project, also if I change a BP, I could sync the code because I had a signal that It's warning me that there was a change and it needs to be updated.

I thing i shouls opening the ObjectScript: Explorer and select the code directaly, and right click -> Import and compile current file (Ctrl + F7)

If I use this command, the ouptut window shows:

1 16
0 1.6K

Hey Community,

Get ready for the next French Stream on InterSystems Technologies!

The new monthly event hosted by @Guillaume Rongier for French-speaking developers familiar with InterSystems technologies will be live stream October 7th at 12:00 Paris time. You will discover all the news and tips related to our solutions!

👉 Direct link to join: https://youtu.be/Rbp-u-3vY-8

On the Agenda:

1 0
0 276

Hello,

I'm experiencing a recurrent problem that I haven't found the way to solve, so I'm coming here with the hope somebody can give me a new approach.

To make it short: we are creating categories on-demand to be able to place the maximum numbers of workers in memory, avoiding the limits established by system categories. But from time to time, one of this creation fails and system is no able to start the queue. The error we are getting is:

0 1
0 213

Hi developers, 

Serenji 3.2.0, the latest version from George James Software, was released last week and our current users have been enjoying trying out the new features (which you can find more about here). 

If you're thinking about trying Serenji for the first time, we've made it easier to get set up by adding a walkthrough on the VS Code Welcome page. It takes you through: 

• Setting up the server components.
  • Selecting a server namespace.
  • Saving and extending your workspace.
  • Requesting a debug license (don't forget we offer a free 30 day trial!) 

We've also added prompts and guidance throughout VS Code to open and add Serenji folders to your workspace and when going to run and debug code. 

This is just one of the ways we've enhanced the Serenji debugger to make straightforward and easy to use - so all you need to do is focus on your code. 

Serenji 3.2.0 Welcome Page Walkthrough

1 0
0 171

I am executing the command:

set fileComp = ##Class(SYS.Database).FileCompact(obj.Directory, freeSpace, .actualFree)

where obj.Directory contains the location of the current database

This executes correctly. However, the resultant OREF object does not contain any displayable properties but rather is of the value:

"0 "_$lb($lb(380,,,,,,,,,$lb(,"%SYS",$lb("e^zFileCompact+38^SYS.Database.1^1","e^^^0"))))/* ERROR #380: Completed but skipped some blocks, details recorded in the console log. */

0 2
0 202

I can start cache without issue. There are no errors in the console log. However, when I access the management portal the page fails to display instead displaying the error page with the error "CSP application closed the connection before sending a complete response". This was working yesterday so the root cause is not clear. Reviewing all log files, the only error I have found is in the csp.log. The error is:

0 2
0 451

How to find a global's original namespace ? Potentially mapped from a different namespace .

I have a global ^Custom that exists in multiple namespaces but it could mapped from namespace Drone(A) to Launch(B)

Without access to Cache management portal how to find where is my global located using cache code ?

Like if ^Custom == ^[Drone]Custom ??

0 5
0 307