InterSystems IRIS for Health Contest: FHIR for Women's Health
We'd like to invite you to join our next contest to share your FHIR knowledge:
Submit an application that uses InterSystems FHIR or InterSystems Healthcare Interoperability!
Duration: November 14 - December 4, 2022
💡 Healthcare Interoperability Solutions – FHIR 💡
Develop any interoperability FHIR solution or Healthcare Interoperability solution or a solution that helps to develop or/and maintain interoperability solutions using InterSystems IRIS for Health, Health Connect, or FHIR server.
In addition, we invite developers to try their hand at solving one of the global issues. This time it will be Women's Health.
We encourage you to join this competition and build solutions aimed at solving the following issues:
- You will receive a special bonus if your application can help pregnant patients discover trends in tracking pregnancy symptoms and/or build an integration to share symptoms and pregnancy journal notes with a partner application.
- There will also be another bonus if you prepare and submit a FHIR dataset related to women’s digital health in these areas: pregnancy tracking/monitoring, parenthood support, or menopause patient education.
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on InterSystems IRIS for Health Community Edition or Health Connect Cloud.
- The application should be an Open Source application and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
🆕 Contest Prizes:
1. Experts Nomination – winners will be selected by the team of InterSystems experts:
🥇 1st place - $5,000
🥈 2nd place - $3,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,500
🏅 4th place - $750
🏅 5th place - $500
🌟 6-10th places - $100
2. Community winners – applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $750
🥉 3rd place - $500
Note: If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
🛠 Application development and registration phase:
- November 14, 2022 (00:00 EST): Contest begins.
- November 27, 2022 (23:59 EST): Deadline for submissions.
✅ Voting period:
- November 28, 2022 (00:00 EST): Voting begins.
- December 4, 2022 (23:59 EST): Voting ends.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
Who Can Participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
✓ Example applications:
- FHIR Server Template
- FHIR HL7 SQL Demo FHIR DropBox
- HL7 and SMS Interoperability Demo
- IrisHealth Ensdemo
- UnitTest DTL HL7
- Healthcare HL7 XML
- FHIR Interoperability Examples
- FHIR Peudoanonimisation Proxy
- FHIR related apps on Open Exchange
- HL7 applications on Open Exchange
✓ Online courses:
- FHIR Integrations
- HL7 Integrations
- Learn FHIR for Software Developers
- Exploring FHIR Resource APIs
- Using InterSystems IRIS for Health to Reduce Readmissions
- Connecting Devices to InterSystems IRIS for Health
- Monitoring Oxygen Saturation in Infants
- FHIR Integration QuickStart
- 6 Rapid FHIR Questions
- SMART on FHIR: The Basics
- Developing with FHIR - REST APIs
- FHIR in InterSystems IRIS for Health
- FHIR API Management
- Searching for FHIR Resources in IRIS for Health
✓ For beginners with IRIS:
✓ For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
✓ How to submit your app to the contest:
Join the contest channel on InterSystems' Discord server or talk with us in the comment to this post.
We can't wait to see your projects! Good luck 👍
By participating in this contest, you agree to the competition terms laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding.