Hi Community!

New "Coding Talk" video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Create Your First InterSystems ObjectScript Code with IRIS Community, Github, Docker and VSCode

https://www.youtube.com/embed/G93HBywyaSY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 7
2 510

Referencing this post:

https://community.intersystems.com/post/producing-json-sql

I'm not sure how to actually interact with the result set I get from doing something like this. I want to return something like:

[{"field1":1, "field2":2}, {"field1":2, "field2":10}]

I'm finding it very difficult to get it in this format, since %Print appends a newline onto the end of the {} object it prints.

Here's the closest I've gotten:

1 5
3 1.2K
Question
· Apr 12, 2019
Timing of Database look up

We use a lot of external MS SQL calls to look up numerous things when it comes to HL7. I am running into an issue where the outbound calls are queued but the message is sent onto the next process before it gets a response. How do I get it to wait till the response gets back from the MS SQL call before sending it onto the next process?

Below is a screen shot of what I am trying to explain...Select Research Study executes at 8:33 the message is sent to the next process at 8:34, but the response of the MSSQL call doesn't come till 9:31.

1 8
0 326

Hello everyone smiley

I have a server configuration in a CSP Gateway installed on a PC (let's call it S2) different from the main one (let's call it S1). This configuration allows me to access a web application that is installed on S1, from a client C asking S2 for this webapp. But for now it works only in HTTP between C and S2, and we would like to use HTTPS (as it already works between S2 and S1).

1 8
0 1.8K

I needed to know programmatically if last ran failed or not.

After some exploring, here's the code:

ClassMethod isLastTestOk() As %Boolean
{
  set in = ##class(%UnitTest.Result.TestInstance).%OpenId(^UnitTest.Result)
  for i=1:1:in.TestSuites.Count() {
    #dim suite As %UnitTest.Result.TestSuite
    set suite = in.TestSuites.GetAt(i)
    return:suite.Status=0 $$$NO
  }
  quit $$$YES
}

1 4
1 583
Question
· Apr 10, 2019
Base64 Encoding Errors

I am trying to base64 encode a string with non standard characters encoded in utf-8 also tried windows 1252 and I am getting error like so

ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <ILLEGAL VALUE>zEncodeStream+18^ -- logged as '-' number - @' set encString = $TRANSLATE($SYSTEM.Encryption.Base64Encode(streamString),$C(10,13))' 

any help appreciated if anyone has faced this before

1 2
0 699
Announcement
· Mar 15, 2019
SQL Developer Experience survey

Hi all,

In order to prioritize functional requirements for evolving our SQL developer experience, we have prepared a short survey to better understand how you’re currently using and, in an ideal world, would like most to interact with our SQL platform.

1 1
0 257

Good morning

I'm probably overlooking something very basic, but I'm running on Win2016 with Cache 2016.2 - All the work I am doing is in INT routines, but I'm making some calls to the Host File system using $ZF(-1).

I have a few mapped Network drives that are mapped in Windows, typically these are locations where I want to back up some files.

My process is quite simple:

1. Read data

2. Zip data files using RAR

3. Create folder on Network drive

4. Move RAR files to new network share.

I've tried a few different commands:

1 6
1 607

I am validating a v3 document against one xsd and using %XML.SAX.ContentHandler class . My requirment is to find the xpath of the error location. There is no method which does it.

I can find the line and offset using LocatePosition method.

Can someone help me on this.

Thanks

Suman

1 2
0 487

Hi Community!

There are two general ways to execute arbitrary SQL in serverside ObjectScript code: EmbeddedSQL and ObjectScript SQL a.k.a. Dynamic SQL.

E.g. if we want to get the value of the property of instance with a certain ID using SQL we can do:

&sql(SELECT Name INTO :name FROM Sample.Person WHERE ID=1)

write name

Same result with %SQL.Statement:

set rs=##class(%SQL.Statement).%ExecDirect(,"SELECT Name as name FROM Sample.Person where ID=1")
  do rs.%Next()
  write rs.name

1 2
0 907

Let's imagine you have only SQL. You need some table where you should increment value in some property when you update this line.

We have the table

CREATE TABLE "test" (
  "identifier"   VARCHAR(200) NOT NULL,
  "value"        INTEGER,
  PRIMARY KEY ("identifier")
)

1 6
0 652
Question
· Jan 17, 2018
Atelier Dark theme

Hi

Has anyone managed to get a dark theme (Like Darcula or Obsidian) working on the Atelier plugin. The Eclipse themes apply to everything in the IDE except the editor window, so it kind of defeats the purpose. I've tried searching for one but so far no luck. I know you can set each colour individually in the settings but I'd like a single config I can load if possible.

Thanks

1 11
0 1.2K