If a user simply closes a tab (running a web application), is there any good way to ensure that the license is released AND the login cookie is destroyed?

I found that if the tab is simply closed without first logging out of the application, then 1) the license hangs around forever, and 2) if the user then opens a tab, he is already logged in.

1 5
0 1.7K

Customer is experimenting with %vid variable for selecting row numbering for sql queries. Basically he's trying to implement paging functionality.

He is confused that select %vid from (select ...) returns dummy number whilst select *,%vid from (select...) returns correct data.

1 4
2 1.7K

Working on implementation FHIR to my project, I found interesting project HAPI-FHIR, which could help me to quickly launch my FHIR api server with InterSystems Caché as a storage, because this projects uses Hibernate to connect to database, as an example they use DerbyDB. I tried to change settings to use InterSystems Caché, but unfortunately it does not work and throw some errors inside HIbernate. As I found in Caché documentation, I have not some many options, I just have to set Cache dialect, and set database url.

2 13
0 1.6K

Can Cache Monitor (^MONMGR) and System Monitor be configured to also send 'OK' messages? With the first bad email, you still wonder if things are still broken, when in-fact normalcy has been restored, some even within some seconds.

typical examples : -

------ - - - -- - - - -- - -- --- - -- -- -- - - - -- -- -- - --- - - - -- - - -- - - -- --- - - -- -- -- - - --- - - - - --- -- --- - - -- -- --- - - --- - --- -- - - -- -

Sent: Monday, 14 November 2016 11:51 AM

To: Email

1 1
1 1.6K

This morning on the old Caché Google Group, someone posed the following question, which I've decided to answer here, because it's interesting!

Is there a way to iterate ClassMethod's params, and get param's names and values?

The first answer I can come up with is: it's not easy! In any method, you could try to write code like this (where methodName is the name of your method):

7 1
0 1.6K

Hi All,

I have a general query in regards to developers experience on extracting data from cache databases and the most efficient way to do so. I work with a number of clients who have applications with cache databases and require the data off the host system and onto data warehouse platforms for research and analysis. Often they require the data in source state which means the extracts are often simply a table scan of the entire database table without any aggregation or manipulation.

1 2
0 1.6K

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to authenticate a user(Health Share clinician) from a Java Application.

I 'm already connected to Caché and able to run SQL commands.

My question is: How can I authenticate a user using only SQL? In fact, what I want is verify if the users exists in the base and if the given password is the same used in Health Share.

There is a column 'password' in Security.users table but I'm not able to see its content, even so, I don't know which hash function to use to compare with.

1 7
0 1.6K

Problem:

A file-based business service uses a local path on a Linux machine that is actually a mounted CIFS share. The mount is "soft" and is designed to not cache data, etc. There are times however when the remote system offering up the share (it's a Windows machine I believe) gets bounced or otherwise hung up the business service in the Ensemble production just hangs.

0 4
0 1.6K

Hi. This about a migration of code from a DEV environment to a PROD environment.

If an (under development) business host is Enabled in DEV environment and the production class is migrated across environments, this means that the Enabled status of the same business host in PROD would also become enabled (even if it may have been disabled before the update)

0 11
0 1.6K

I want to override the Get and Set methods of a class property. The class maps to a pre-existing global. The property is defined like so:

Property Invalid As %Library.Boolean;

with the property mapping to a node like ^GLOBAL(Code,"INVALID")=1
Code is a property in the same class.

The value can be 0 or 1 or the node might not exist. When it doesn't exist I want the value of the SQL field to come out as 0 (false).

2 12
0 1.6K
Question
· Sep 7, 2016
Cache Certification

Caché Application Developer certification:

How to I prepare developer certification of cache .What are the topics are preparing certification . Please give the topics .I will start learning of certification course .

1 3
0 1.6K
Question
· Jun 14, 2016
Get variables list

Hello!

In Caché there is a way to print all current variables using write command without arguments:

USER>set Einstein = 1879
USER>set Mozart = 1756
USER>write
Einstein=1879
Mozart=1756

But is there a way to get a list of this variables? I am looking for something that would return value like $LB("Einstein", "Mozart") for this case.

Thanks!

2 16
0 1.5K

I use DataGrip (JDBC client) to query Caché server via JDBC.

The problem I encountered, is that if I wait 10 or more minutes between queries I get an error:

[08S01][461] Communication link failure: Socket closed

To fix that I need to disconnect and connect to server again. Is there a JDBC timeout setting somewhere I can change?

0 1
0 1.5K

How suitable is Docker for standalone deployment of an Ensemble version and Ensemble application together?

The context is deployment by an application partner of an integration application and the supporting Ensemble version as a single package (single file ideally), to multiple environments and to multiple customer sites.

I don't have experience with Ensemble on Docker so I'm wondering what gaps and pitfalls may exist.

3 8
0 1.5K

Hi,

I ran the Cache ODBC Driver installer as Administrator on my Windows 7 PC this morning. It completed successfully with o indication of any issues. When I check installed programs and features via Win 7 Control Panel, I see it listed as Intersystems ODBC Driver 1.00.000.

However, when I try to configure the driver via Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Data Sources (ODBC), I cannot find it. The only driver listed under the Drivers Tab is SQL Server.

I am not sure how to proceed.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Bill

0 5
0 1.5K

A customer is using Caché online backups and needs to automatically purge the cbk files with a scheduled task.

This is a wheel has been reinvented uncountable times already and I know somebody out there has a well written, extremely robust version that has already stood the test of time.

Does anyone have a nice routine/class/task for purging old Caché backup files?

0 10
1 1.5K

Hi Community,

How can I create a JSON with the object ID by using the %Object:$toJSON API?

I have the following piece of code bellow where I create an object reference, create a %Object instance from %fromObject and them I am creating the JSON from $toJSON, but it does not expose the %ID (object id). How is the best approach to create a JSON with the respectives object IDs?

1 7
0 1.5K

ISCAgent is automatically installed with Cache, runs as a service and can be configured to
start with the system. This is fine – but the complication comes when this is on VCS clusters with
Mirroring on. When installing a Single Instance of Cache in a Cluster, point number 2. Says “Create
a link from /usr/local/etc/cachesys to the shared disk. This forces the Caché registry and all
supporting files to be stored on the shared disk resource you have configured as part of the
service group.”

0 14
0 1.5K

Hi everybody,

I created my own REST service class by extending EnsLib.REST.Service.

In some particular conditions of the parameters of the request, the REST service should respond to the client with an HTTP status response code 400 "Bad request".

I read the article "RESTful Exception Handling " and I try to use the suggested:

do ..ReportHttpStatusCode(400)

But the server seems ignore it and get back to client the 500 http response code.

Any suggestions?

0 3
0 1.5K