Question
· Apr 10, 2019
Base64 Encoding Errors

I am trying to base64 encode a string with non standard characters encoded in utf-8 also tried windows 1252 and I am getting error like so

ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <ILLEGAL VALUE>zEncodeStream+18^ -- logged as '-' number - @' set encString = $TRANSLATE($SYSTEM.Encryption.Base64Encode(streamString),$C(10,13))' 

any help appreciated if anyone has faced this before

1 2
0 696

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to migrate the IDE for programming in COS, we normally use the Studio, but we want to use a more modern IDE. Our team has knowledge with Visual Studio plataform, but we couldn't configurate the compiler and terminal, I installed the extension InterSystems ObjectScript and tried to configurate to connect with my local machine, unfortunately the connection don't sucessed.

Someone has material for how i can connect and compile? Some material i saw show how to use the compiler, but not how can i do the configuration.

0 6
0 961
Question
· Apr 5, 2019
How to compare time

I am trying to get the time difference between two time stamps one is recorded earlier to the one happening current but the problem is sql expect string while I have the other stored in a variable and if I do the following I get errors any help please

&sql(SELECT {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF(SQL_TSI_HOUR,$ZDT($H,3,1,3),tx)})

please note that tx is a variable holding the time formatted the same way as the one being compared to

0 3
0 503
Question
· Apr 5, 2019
REST and CSP Sessions

Hi!

We are using Rest Service with inheritance of %CSP.Rest, and we are having the following problem: when we receive 100 request from single IP adress - this creates 100 CSP sessions and takes 100 user licence for each request for few seconds. What can we do do about this? We've set this parameter:

Parameter UseSession As Integer = 1;

Thank you in advance!

0 3
0 540
Question
· Apr 4, 2019
Application ACK not working

I trying to get ACK back from the destination to the sending system.

I configured the Business Services to Ack Mode Application but sending system is getting Ensemble generated ACK [7] not destination ACK [9].

This is Ensemble 2018.1.1.312.0.

Ultimately I would like a NACK back when I have a Business Rule that blocks a messages from sending to Business Operations but currently [5] is an ACK |AA

0 5
0 719

Hello everyone!
I need to have a ResultSet of type % SQL.Statement show its contents when it is trafficked in a message property by Business Process.
I tried to use the % XML.DataSet type that inherits properties of type % XML.Adaptor, but did not work.
Is there any other way to traffic as an object, other than within a Stream?

Note: I can not traffic Streams and I will not be able to use Correlate in this case.

0 3
0 240

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across a comment in this post that mentioned that the %SYS.GlobalQuery is a potentially faster alternative to %GSIZE. I tested it out and while I like the %SYS.GlobalQuery I noticed that it has some size discrepancies against a %GSIZE with details. Can anyone tell me which is more accurate for estimating the size of globals?

0 2
1 2.2K

On one of our servers, when I am in Mgmt Portal and click the link for Configure / CSP Gateway Management, I get this url:

http://ipaddress.of.server:port/INSTANCENAME/csp/bin/Systems/Module.cxw?CSPSYS=0&CSPSYSreferer=_CSP.Portal.Home.zen

but the page displays a 0, and nothing else. Literally, just a 0. This link works on our other servers, with the same URL. Any idea why?

Thanks,

Laura

0 4
0 280

Hello everyone,

i am in process of changing our authentication method, so we can integrate our AD authentication in our programs. At the moment i am using they %SYS.LDAP object, and trying to use the .Bind() method with the user information to authenticate. This seems to work without issues, but here the problems start.

0 1
0 388

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

is there any indication that the .NET object representation of Cache objects (i.e. InterSystems.Data.CacheClient.dll) complies with .NET Standard? I'm planning to extend our existing .NET client/server solution with a mobile option by Xamarin Forms and can't find any significant hints in the internet.

I'm just fooling around a bit and made some expreiments with a REST API and a generic object-to-JSON tier:

0 1
0 355
Question
· Apr 1, 2019
$ZF(-100) help.

Hello all!

My company has been switching from $zf(-1) to $zf(-100) like many companies have been. I have been doing fine with 1 argument windows commands such as:

set errorfile = "D:\folder\error.txt"
set outputfile = "D:\folder\output.txt"

set options(1) = ""
set options(2) = "D:\ThomasTools\"

w $zf(-100,"/SHELL /STDERR="_errorfile_" /STDOUT="_outputfile, "dir", .options)

0 1
0 592

Good afternoon - I am in the process of writing a AngularJS front-end for some CoS functions that my integration team uses for auditing, analyzing and various other purposes. I have re-tooled the functions to return JSON results that AngularJS can then interpret and display. Many kudos to the AngularJS series on this site for giving me a jump start.

0 6
0 657

Hello,

Last weekend we've updated our Caché version to

Versie:Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2018.1.1 (Build 312U)

I'm using Studio to develop. I've been using the built-in debugger and it has been working nicely. But now, since the upgrade, I'm getting this error when trying to debug any routine or class method:

0 11
0 895
Question
· Mar 29, 2019
Ensemble as a Data lake

We have been storing raw messages in a MySQL database for DR and ad hoc purposes. We are thinking of using an Ensemble instance as our data lake instead. We could segregate the source data by namespace or by global. But either way we'll want a custom global to index the data for data retrieval performance purposes.

Anyone else taking this approach? Any feedback?

0 2
0 457

I want to upload several files using the html tag

< input multiple="multiple" name="BulkFileUpload" type="file">

. The upload.csp page in the SAMPLE namespace only shows how to extract a single file from the MimeData on the %request object. I cannot fathom how to extract multiple files from the MimeData in the %request object in cache. Can some kind soul explain to me how to do that?

0 2
0 411
Question
· Mar 28, 2019
Problem starting production

Hope someone can help me, so i was developing a script and during the tests I was using the csession to execute a method. Also i thought i had to stop the instance i was using, so I used the ccontrol stop [instanceName] to stop the instance, but when i restarted the instance i got this error trying to start my production, I have an idea of what's the problem but i don't know how to fix it.

0 2
0 698

First time post, also a new Cache developer, hence the <Beginner> tag.

If our data has Predefined terms in a dictionary, and a user can add terms on their own, can the terms exist in different tables?

Lets call the tables "Terms" and the user data in "UserTerms".

If a third class definition has a property of "Term" can it not be either Terms or UserTerms?

I'm leaning towards using a Subclass strategy where the pseudo "Parent" (forgive me) is Dictionary.Term and the child is along the lines of Dictionary.Term.User

0 5
0 289

Hi,

We recently moved our cache instance from windows 2012 to windows 2016 and when i try to now import % routines i'm getting the following error "Unable to obtain a write lock on this routine because either another user has the routine open for editing or you do not have write access to the database the routine is stored in. This item will be skipped."

0 2
0 150

Hi dev community,

I am currently working on a project to send documents to a RESTful based API that supports bearer
Token Authorization.

When we try to fire a JSON request from our EnsLib.Rest.Operation towards the 3rd party API with a
valid Token we keep receiving Authorization Error codes HTTP 401 back.

If we use the same request and same Token from a test utility such as Postman the request is
successful and we are able to move past the authorization stage.

0 4
2 3.5K

Hello,

We have defined four BPL Business Processes. One gets occasionally errors when pool size is two. No errors happen with pool size one. The error happens on calling %Save() on a large objects with many references to other objects.

Error #5803: Failed to acquire exclusive lock on instance of 'classname'.

Error #5002: Cache error: <ROLLFAIL> %TRollBack+10^%occTransaction

The error happens on a particular large object.

Our FileService gets the same Errors #5803 and #5002 with class 'EnsLib.EDI.X12.Document'

0 3
0 488

Let's say we have a class

AbcRequest extends Ens.Request, PropertiesBaseAbstractClass(has all my properties common to all request)

Prop1

Prop2 and so on

Now in my Business Operation

I want to make a json dynamically from this request.

Yes obviously I can do is

Set requestDefinition = ##class(%Library.CompiledClass).%OpenId("MyCreateRequest")
Set JsonObject = ##class(%DynamicObject).%New()

0 3
0 315

Good morning

I'm probably overlooking something very basic, but I'm running on Win2016 with Cache 2016.2 - All the work I am doing is in INT routines, but I'm making some calls to the Host File system using $ZF(-1).

I have a few mapped Network drives that are mapped in Windows, typically these are locations where I want to back up some files.

My process is quite simple:

1. Read data

2. Zip data files using RAR

3. Create folder on Network drive

4. Move RAR files to new network share.

I've tried a few different commands:

1 6
1 605

I have an application using examples from the lottery example in samples name space how do I create a dynamically link based on the data displayed to add a record id to the link

the idea is to loop over the records displays fields and link to edit the shown data at the end of the record in a table format

0 1
0 273

Hi

We have just completed a migration of a test environment from Ensemble 2012 to Ensemble 2017 on a new server. This is the last in a series of migrations but the first to encounter this particular issue. All web clients making SOAP requests to a particular external web service are receiving a fault that states:

The SOAP action specified on the message, '', does not match the HTTP SOAP Action, 'http://<expected target service action follows here>'.

0 1
0 209

We would like to know if there are any ramifications swapping out our code database while an Ensemble production is running. We are trying to minimize down time as much as possible and even though stopping and starting the production ideally would be pretty quick, is it possible that we could just restart the business hosts that had the code change?

So this is our setup:
Ensemble 2016.1

global cache.dat
code1 cache.dat
code2 cache.dat

Namespace that we switch to point to either code1 or code2 and is mapped to the globals.

0 2
0 228