Hi Developers!

Recently we published on Docker Hub images for InterSystems IRIS Community Edition and InterSystems IRIS Community for Health containers.

What is that?

There is a repository that publishes it, and in fact, it is the same container IRIS Community Edition containers you have on official InterSystems listing which have the pre-loaded ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM) client.

So if you run this container with IRIS CE or IRIC CE for Health you can immediately start using ZPM and install packages from Community Registry or any others.

What does this mean for you?

It means, that anyone can deploy any of your InterSystems ObjectScript application in 3 commands:

• run IRIS container;
  • open terminal;
  • install your application as ZPM package.

It is safe, fast and cross-platform.

It's really handy if you want to test a new interesting ZPM package and not harm any of your systems.

Suppose, you have docker-desktop installed. You can run the image, which wiil pull the latest container if you don't have it locally:

1 1
0 287

Hi Developers!

Many of you are looking for samples on how to work with InterSystems IRIS Analytics, formerly known as DeepSee.

There is a Samples BI module with Patients and Holefoods examples which is available on Github with source code. The installation steps are clear but take time.

Recently we added the option to run IRIS Community Edition containers with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM) on board. This simplifies the installation to the "run-one-command" step for the modules submitted to ZPM Community Registry. And thus we can benefit the Samples BI installation with ZPM.

And here is how you can run it on your laptop. Let's go!

1 1
0 346

I am trying to install Cache version 2018.1.0.184.0 on a Windows 10 System and i keep running into Permission errors during installation. I am getting

"Error 1406 Could not write value to key \SOFTWARE\Intersystems\\Classes\CLSID\{D11481CD-3B24-42E1-A20A-D179CDB6BEC5}\InstallCount"

I am signed in as an Administrator, i am running the installer as an administrator and i have edited permissions in the Registry to the referenced keys and i still can't get this to install. Has anyone run into this before and have some advice? I am pulling my hair out over here.

1 1
0 225

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Operationalizing "Machine Learning" Experiences From the Field

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8yN-rh5g21s
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 255

Some readers of my previous article, Caché eXTreme for .NET - direct access to globals from C#, wondered if you could access information not just from the same instance in which you’re working, but also from another instance on the same computer, or from an instance located on another computer in the same local network. Some theorized, correctly, that this would be possible using the Enterprise Cache Protocol (ECP). In this article I’m going to show how it can be done.

1 0
0 669

I have a case where I have an external table that lives out in MS SQL. Using Ensemble Security functions has anyone created a csp or cls page that acts like a portal to allow users to Update a multidimensional table without knowing SQL? I could clone the EnsPortal.LookupSettings but that was made for LUT which are only 2 columns.

I know its a long shot but trying to see if there was anything off the shelf that I can use to help meet the requirements of this project.

1 4
0 215

I've writing a short classmethod that extracts an HL7 message from EnsLib.HL7.Message by ID and returns it as a stream. It's to be called as a stored procedure via ODBC (or ADO.NET) to fetch messages into an application.

I'm not using an SQL query in the classmethod itself, but it will be called as part of an SQL query via ODBC, but I can't figure out how to set a custom SQLCODE and error text from within the classmethod that propagates back to the external application. I thought %sqlcontext would be useful for this, but it doesn't appear to do anything. Here's the class:

1 13
1 368

I am trying to use the %ListOfDataTypes functionality, but am hitting a limit of 50 characters for each entry, when being used in a Web Service. Is there a way to increase the number of characters that can be used in the %ListOfDataTypes through a web service?

1 7
1 434

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

InterSystems IRIS Roadmap: Analytics and AI

https://www.youtube.com/embed/W2zvl3BO1lA
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 289

In the previous part of this series, we saw how to define a basic portlet. Now we will look into making this portlet reference a web page that will enhance our dashboard experience.

In this example, we will be embedding a Developer Community article along side a couple of widgets displaying information related to the number of views on the Developer Community articles. This example is not hosted on the Community Analytics server, but if it was we could see the view counts going up as we interacted with the page.

Why use this?

In a real case, perhaps you have an embedded page from an external web site showing the current Emergency Room wait times for Hospitals in your area. This portlet can be used along side widgets from your Emergency Room showing how many people are waiting, how many doctors are active, and how many people are being treated. As other Emergency Room wait times grow, you can possibly expect your volume to increase as well. This can help you make decisions on how to allocate resources.

1 0
0 378

I am having trouble configuring the environment in eclipse have download eclipse for java script and web developers followed the video but could not connect to the server I have my Apache server 7.0 added to the java environment and I can start and stop the server through eclipse IDE but when I fire atelier and add server I get the above error any help please .This is the first time I am trying to use the plug in through eclipse .Just in case There is another installation I need to do please advice but I am guessing something to do with atelier not seeing my configurations or permissions

1 7
0 715

Hi,

As we announced at our Global Summit in October, we are developing dedicated connectors for a number of third-party data visualization tools for InterSystems IRIS. With these connectors, we want to combine an excellent user experience with optimal performance when using those tools to visualize data managed on InterSystems IRIS Data Platform.

1 3
0 875

Hi ,

I am stuck with unit test failure with intersystem . In case of unit test failure, the build in jenkins is succeding while the build in jenkins should fail in case unit test failure .

In cache programming i am using %UnitTest.Manager class and DebugRunTestCase method within it. I'm able to link studio with jenkins. I wanna fail my build in jenkins, if any of the test cases fails. Could anyone help?

1 14
0 1.6K
Question
· Dec 5, 2019
IRIS GUI/DTL Rewrite

Hi,

I've heard from two different sources the SMP (or parts of it) and for sure the DTL front end (in studio? via SMP?) have been rewritten to be more modern. But on a latest IRIS Community download everything looks the same to me. Am I missing something or is this Marketting Spin?

Hopefully I won't get banned for this post aswell......

1 2
0 299

Hi Community,

New session recording from Global Summit 2019 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

The Data Management and Analytics Landscape

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wuuCQ6erMFs

1 0
0 164