iris | [ERROR] Command "iris start IRIS quietly" exited with status 256
iris |
iris |
iris |
iris | *** Recovery started at Thu Aug 15 05:47:48 2024
iris | Current default directory: /usr/irissys/mgr
iris | Log file directory: /usr/irissys/mgr/
iris | WIJ file spec: /usr/irissys/mgr/IRIS.WIJ
iris | Recovering local (/usr/irissys/mgr/IRIS.WIJ) image journal file...
iris | Starting WIJ recovery for '/usr/irissys/mgr/IRIS.WIJ'.
iris | 0 blocks pending in this WIJ.
iris | Exiting with status 3 (Success)

0 2
0 15
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 19,282 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· 2 hr ago 1m read
First "vector search" on IRIS

There are a lot of great community articles regarding "vector search on IRIS", and samples in OpenExchange. Everytime I see these, I'm so excited to know that so many developers already try vectors on IRIS!

But if you've not tried "Vector Search on IRIS" yet, please give me one minute 😄 I create one IRIS class - and with only one IRIS class you can see how you put vector data in your IRIS database and how you compare these in your application.

0 0
0 12

Hey Community!

As you may know, our Developer Community AI has been out for over a month now 🎉 We hope you were curious enough to give it a try 😁 If you haven't yet, please do! Anyway, since it's still in beta, we're very interested in learning what you think about it, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.

Since we value your time and effort, we will give away a cute prize to a random member of the Community who shares how DC AI helped you. To participate in this sweepstakes, you have to follow the guidelines:

5 11
1 253

Hello every one, here in our company we are trying to develop a tool to help us in our "Code Review" that today is completely done for another developer.

So I need to develope a tool that reads a class/routine (Already done) and identify if in the current line there is some abbreviated command, that is against our policy of codification, for example:

s variable = "test"
d ..SomeMethod()

So in this cases I want to warn the original developer that the code has parts that need to change the "s" to "Set" and de "d" to "Do".

2 3
1 37

InterSystems FAQ rubric

Temporary globals stored in the IRISTEMP/CACHETEMP databases are used when a process does not need to store data indefinitely, but requires the powerful performance of globals. The IRISTEMP/CACHETEMP databases are not journaled, so using temporary globals does not create journal files.

The system uses the IRISTEMP/CACHETEMP databases for temporary storage and are available to users for the same.

1 0
1 29

Hi, Community!

Are you building generative AI applications? See how a retrieval-augmented generation (RAG) architecture can help:

Exploring the Benefits of RAG

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NSYVHiJPRas?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NSYVHiJPRas
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 11

If anyone has experience debugging Embedded Python or has insight into why an ObjectScript method when called from a Python method would not work but would work when called directly via ObjectScript or in a Python shell, your help would be appreciated!

We have an ObjectScript ClassMethod called GetTemplateString() which takes in a templateName of String type and uses the template name to get the template object, access the Code, and read the code into a templateString. The string version of the Code is returned.

0 2
0 50

For practical reasons, it may be desirable that after a Linux server restart, the IRIS instance is automatically started.

Below you will find the steps to follow to automate the startup of IRIS during a reboot of the Linux server, via systemd :

1. Create an iris.service file in /etc/systemd/system/iris.service containing the following information

4 13
4 214

Hi

I've more than 100 classes that are packed like CRD.Health.MyClass so I've defined the global mapping as CRD*, but now I would like to map some of the classes (CRD.Health.SomeClass) to different database so how can I exclude it from my current mapping to be in the new one because if I map it in the new database it will still conflict with the old mapping?

Thanks

0 2
0 45

Today we have an unusual code golf: build a program (using only printable ASCII characters, tabs and newlines) that prints out exactly the characters in the printable ASCII space (characters 32 to 126) that don't appear in your program's source code (in any order, however many times you want).

As usual, the goal is to produce the shortest code to do this.

My (admittedly not very good, but does the job!) entry:

3 22
0 218

I'm posting this for the benefit of WebTerminal users who have upgraded to the recently-released IRIS 2024.2 -- (Build 247U) Tue Jul 16 2024 09:52:30 EDT -- or are considering doing so.

That version of 2024.2 contains a change (DP-432503) which requires that the user under which the Web Gateway initially connects to IRIS (usually CSPSystem) must have READ permission on the database hosting the dispatch class of the REST web application.

4 1
1 110

Traditional Caché Objectscript has the multi-dimensional array as its main form of complex data structure and the $order command as the main means of traversing said data structures. But newer versions of Caché ObjectScript also have data structures that are direct parallels of what languages such as JavaScript provide, in the form of %DynamicObject and %DynamicArray. These have an easy to use iterator feature via the %GetIterator method, and even a handy built-in literal syntax for constructing new objects.

0 4
0 994

Hi Community,

Play the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

CommonWell Connection @ Global Summit 2023

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VEmxuEZ42iU
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 22

I'm trying to use the EnsLib.SQL.Operation.GenericOperation component in a production to read a column from a Redshift table that is set up as VARCHAR(65535) and am getting the following error.

An error was received : ERROR #5023: Remote Gateway Error: JDBC Gateway getClob(0,1) errorRemote JDBC error: Cannot convert the column of type VARCHAR to requested type long..

1 5
0 73
Article
· May 24 15m read
VIP in GCP

If you're running IRIS in a mirrored configuration for HA in GCP, the question of providing a Mirror VIP (Virtual IP) becomes relevant. Virtual IP offers a way for downstream systems to interact with IRIS using one IP address. Even when a failover happens, downstream systems can reconnect to the same IP address and continue working.

The main issue, when deploying to GCP, is that an IRIS VIP has a requirement of IRIS being essentially a network admin, per the docs.

To get HA, IRIS mirror members must be deployed to different availability zones in one subnet (which is possible in GCP as subnets always span the entire region). One of the solutions might be load balancers, but they, of course, cost extra, and you need to administrate them.

In this article, I would like to provide a way to configure a Mirror VIP without using Load Balancers suggested in most other GCP reference architectures.

6 2
0 173

Is CR/LF changes to DTL files edited/committed to git via VS Code a known issue?

We had an issue with exporting files from one server and importing on another, using XML code exported from Studio: ERROR #6301: SAX XML Parser Error. Turns out that issue was down to CR/LF changes made when transferring the XML from one server to the other.

0 7
0 227

Ok, I am attempting to clarify the required use of the RESIZE command, when you have a UNIVERSE or a UNIDATA DB attached to Cache. Traditional UNIVERSE / UNIDATA databases 'require' that hashed files be re-sized according to historic use, to prevent file overflow (aka. performance issues). It is not clear if that requirement is fully eliminated by attaching one of these databases to Cache. It is clear that, if you do not allocate 'enough' space on Cache for the database 'as a whole', that is a problem.

0 6
0 63

So, here is a novice question; but, I can't seem to figure out how to do it, or find any comments. I simply want to close out this DTL, under the Interoperability / Build / DTL screen:

There do not seem to be any buttons to 'close' the current DTL item. I tried logging off and back on, and, it brings it right back. Ideas?

0 3
0 73