Cache 2016.2.1

the system offers $LISTNEXT as a way of looping in $LISTs and the documentation says this is much more efficeint than writing

for i=1:1:$LISTLENGTH(myList) { set value = $LIST (myList,i) }

I want to walk backwards in the list,

is there a $LISTPREVIOUS or do I have to use the followng syntax to achie

for i=1:-1:$LISTLENGTH(myList)

kevin

0 4
0 506

I have a class:

Class test.Person Extends (%Persistent, %XML.Adaptor)
{
Property Name;
}

I want to serialize it into this XML:

<Person>
    <Id>1</Id>
    <Name>Ed</Name>
</Person>

Is it possible?

It's for the Visual Trace so I can't use %XML.Writer.

0 2
0 282

Is anyone using Atelier with 3 environments (instances with multiple namespaces) (DEV, TEST, PROD) using GitHub as the source control.

I would be interested in how its all setup. So for example;

Would you have three branches for the code or 3 repo's.

Would you have three projects in Atelier to communicate with the environments and GitHub?

I have 3 existing environments that I wish to put under source control and also provide the ability to promote code between the environments in a controlled manner.

0 4
0 481

I put a html file into ensemble dir ,it's encoding is utf-8.

But when I access this file througn browser, It show incorrectly

I checked http response header, It content-type charset is GB18030 So that's reason

How to change the charset to UTF-8?

Tks.

0 2
0 299
Question
· Sep 16, 2020
More than 1 cursor in a class

I have a class that has 2 different cursors for different queries, audit1 and audit2. which are in 2 different methods. The first query runs fine, but the second one generates a 102 error.

Is there an issue with having more than 1 cursor in a class?

Has anyone seen this before?

0 2
0 198
Question
· Oct 10, 2017
Create Custom Table or View

Hi ,

I am newbie working on Cache .

I have a global ^BB("QA",QDJ,QTM+i) , i want to create a table or a view to access the data from this.

I am expert in creating tables & views on RDBS like Oracle, SQL server. But no idea on Cache.

Can someone guide me from scratch how to pull the data from the global.

I have installed Cache Studio on my machine.

Regards

0 3
0 747

Save the date! March 16th, 9 am EST | 2 pm CET we will host the first Thursday Tea with Global Masters!

This is a 60-min fun & networking event, as well as a short update and Q&A about the Global Masters program.

>> Please prepare a short 1-2 min presentation about yourself for this event - even better with some pictures 📷 we will also make 5-min breakout rooms to discuss your favorite hobby.

RSVP in this challenge on Global Masters.

0 0
0 206

I'm trying to write an installer manifest that can create a namespace, resources (%DB_namespace) and a role (with the resource, above), based on the namespace. So you could pass in "ABC", or "XYZ", and it would create the %DB_ABC resource and the ABC role with %DB_ABC:RW permissions; or it will create the %DB_XYZ resource and the XYZ role with %DB_XYZ:RW permissions, accordingly.

0 2
0 350

Hello Community,

I need advice converting a comma delimited string container with multiple records into some type of recordmap that iterates through all the records.

My string container has several records and I would like to loop through the number of records in the string container and transform each record in the container individually. Number of records will vary but the number of fields per record is static (28 fields). Meaning after every 28 fields, a new record begins. The goal is to convert to individual delimited flat file records.

0 2
0 475

I need a stored procedure where I can execute multiple delete from statements.

This will work to create a stored procedure, but when I add in other delete from, get error invalid sql statements when try to create

CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteSpecimenTwo
(IN Specno VARCHAR(50))
BEGIN
DELETE FROM PCONT WHERE PSPECNO = :Specno;
END;

This doesn't work

CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteSpecimenTwo
(IN Specno VARCHAR(50))
BEGIN
DELETE FROM PCONT WHERE PSPECNO = :Specno;

DELETE FROM PSPEC WHERE PSPECNO = :Specno;
END;

0 1
0 208

Hello, I am using the power bi report builder tool to create a report with dynamic parameters. Every time I try to create and apply a parameter in power bi query editor. I get the below listed error message.

FYI: I have created a Data source connection using "InterSystems ODBC" Version 2015.01.00.429. I am getting data without any issue.

Query: select Payment_History.OCCURENCE_DATE from Payment_History where Payment_History.OCCURENCE_DATE >= @BeginDate

0 0
0 196
Question
· Oct 23, 2017
Invalid Project Location

I am trying to create a routine in Atelier.

I go through and enter the necessary information but before I can save, it says I have an invalid project location.

I am not sure what this is referring to, a directory? a namespace? a website? something else? "Location" does not describe what is necessary here.

I had a screen shot but cannot seem to post it here.

0 2
0 301

Hey Community,

Watch this video to see how to connect to InterSystems Cloud Services from your Python application using the InterSystems DB-API driver interface:

Connecting to InterSystems Cloud Services with Python

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6L5M9iLVpOg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
1 222
Question
· Oct 27, 2017
Recordmap within a BPL

I have a text file that is fixed width delimited and am using a BPL to process this file, ultimately performing a transform from the text file to an HL7 message. I created a DTL, mapping from the recordmap to the HL7. In my BPL, I am performing some loops and other logic (that all is working). My issue is what to do when I perform the Transform.

0 1
0 650
Question
· Oct 27, 2020
Configure IRIS using Python

I am trying to configure IRIS using python. The first task I wanted to do it change the journal directory. I cannot figure out the right way to work with the Config.Journal class with python. I can get the text to query the current setting.

returnValue = dbnative.classMethodValue("Config.Journal","GetList")
print(returnValue )

But I don't see a straightforward way to parse the $List returned by GetList() I was hoping there was an easier way.

How do I

1. Query configuration parameters?

2. Set configuration parameters?

Using python?

0 2
0 206

Get your hands on our technology with On-Demand Experience Labs available now through November 6th. Each lab is paired with an office hour session scheduled for this week. Learn more about how you can get hands-on with our technology.

Join the office hours to get answers your questions about the labs, talk about how the technology fits into your environment, and discuss implementation. Sign up for the Office Hours/On-Demand Experience Labs today. The labs have gotten great reviews so far!

0 0
0 147

This is a series of programming challenges for beginners and experienced Caché programmers.

For an introduction : go to article https://community.intersystems.com/post/advent-code-2016-day1-no-time-ta...

Today, you have to find a path through a maze. To know if a coordinate is a wall or an open space, you will have to do a calculation like this :

0 0
0 299

Hello, everyone,

Now that Virtual Summit 2020 is over, we'd like to remind everyone that we would still love to hear your input on Certification topics via a very brief survey - less than 8 minutes. You can even indicate if you would like to be a Subject Matter Expert for us in the future and what kinds of incentives you'd like to receive to do so.

Please let us know your thoughts:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2ZVHNPS

Thanks,

Jamie Kantor, Certification Manager

0 0
0 110