The attached file contains an example of code generation using ObjectGenerators which builds a very simple homemade RuleEngine.

Code generation is an excellent way of increasing performance moving run-time calculations to compile-time.

We could generate code creating routines or implemeting methods using ObjectGenerators. In this example we are using ObjectGenerators.

Update: Rule Engine is now on GitHub https://github.com/intersystems-ib/cache-iat-ruleengine

4 0
0 810

This morning on the old Caché Google Group, someone posed the following question, which I've decided to answer here, because it's interesting!

Is there a way to iterate ClassMethod's params, and get param's names and values?

The first answer I can come up with is: it's not easy! In any method, you could try to write code like this (where methodName is the name of your method):

7 1
0 1.6K
Question
· Feb 18, 2016
Message Error - CSP.Page

The cache has error messages default, for example , " -139 SQLCODE : Competition impairment on the update: row versions are not the same. "

How i can exchange it for a more friendly to the user's message? I use the CSP.Page and form_save ( ).

What is best practice for this situation?

2 3
0 969

Caché Monitor is a database\sql tool primarily for InterSystems Caché but can also connect to MS SQL Server, MS Access and more databases. Within Caché Monitors Server Navigator you see all available Namespaces on your Caché Servers. No need to know the name of the Namespace, no need to configure many many JDBC Connections by hand. Just click on the namespace and see all objects like tables, views, classes and more...

3 2
0 2.4K

In preparation for a presentation I need a real-world LDAP schema that has been customized a bit beyond the basics. Perferably this would be based on an OpenLDAP system which would make it easier to merge into this presentation.

If you have such a schema you would be willing to share please respond or contact my directly at Rich.Taylor@InterSystems.com

Thanks in advance.

Rich Taylor

0 1
0 302

Markdown is a lightweight markup language with plain text formatting syntax designed so that it can be converted to HTML and many other formats using a tool by the same name. Markdown is often used to format readme files, for writing messages in online discussion forums, and to create rich text using a plain text editor.

2 5
0 338

Hi,

We do have a production including a SOAP.OutboundAdapter that make a request to a .NET WCF Service. The response from that service vary in size. When it come to large one, we talk about maybe 8000 records (with 6-8 attributes per record) in xml, the adapter always give a timout. Even if we put a high number of seconds or set -1. After 1 1/2h still nothing get back. It's just standing there and waiting for ever.

Our .NET developer have look at it (on the WCF-service) and from ther point of view they say that it seems like Ensemle can't handle such big responses.

0 2
0 502

I'm revisiting some older projects that can benefit from the new JSON support and dynamic object capabilities in 2016.1 FT / 2016.2 FT. (Particularly, some of the really new features in the latest 2016.2 FT.)
For the particular thing I'm working on, it would be very handy to be able to merge objects, similarly to https://api.jquery.com/jquery.extend/. The closest thing I've found so far (in 2016.2 only) is:

Set o1 = {"a":1,"c":2}, o2 = {"b":1,"c":1}
Write "o1: ",o1.$toJSON(),!

0 1
0 527

We heard from a customer who wanted to display a version number as a read-only production setting. During the build on the build server, this version number is added to the Production class. This works fine, and the Version is displayed in the Portal, but the customer wanted to write protect it, so the enduser can’t change it. The customer had defined the setting like this:

Property Version As %String;
Parameter SETTINGS = "Version:Info";

We advised the customer to define SETTINGS like this instead:

Parameter SETTINGS = "Version:Alerting:label"

3 0
0 410

I am pleased to announce the third 2016.2 field test kit, 2016.2.0.590.0.

In the week since the last field test posting Development has made over a hundred fixes and improvements in Atelier, Enterprise Manager, Ensemble and Caché. Unlike the previous field test kit, though, in which the changes were distributed evenly over multiple areas and products, in this kit over half of the changes are associated just with Atelier.

2 0
0 243

Has anyone come up with a way to create a separate thread of processing that can achieve shared access to a set of objects created from the initials process? The situation is this. There is a large complex set of objects representing a business process. Some of these objects are in-memory only. The desire is to spin off a separate thread that could do some ancillary processing on this data set without slowing down the main process. Any thoughts?

0 6
0 1.1K

Most of projects on Caché, obviously, written not only in Cache ObjectScript, and should contain sources in other languages. Such as js or css for web-projects or any others. And it would be pretty good, if I could see all of files in one project, and possible to edit all of them. How to be in this case ?

And I think it is not a good idea, to place all project's sources in one root folder. Our project contains over 3 thousands classes and routines, and it is too difficult to find anything in such folder. Is not a good for it to use Java-way, and place every package in subfolder ?

5 2
0 341

Do to unforseen circumstances the Atelier build that was distributed with the Cache 2016.2 field test had certain incompatibilites which prevented it's effective use with the server that it was bundled with.

We are working on remediating this regretable situation and will provide a compatible Atelier in the 2016.2 field test refresh which is scheduled for today Monday, 1st of Februrary.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience so caused.

0 4
0 291

I'm designing a workflow for PHR via FTP. What I've done is create a single FTP adapter to pick up files from multiple customers. A router then accesses a lookup table and determines if a particular customer is allowed to send a particular message type to the state. If not, the message doesn't go out. It seems like everyone is against this approach (other than my CEO, thankfully), including Intersystems:

0 5
0 324