InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,845 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hello Community,

I need advice converting a comma delimited string container with multiple records into some type of recordmap that iterates through all the records.

My string container has several records and I would like to loop through the number of records in the string container and transform each record in the container individually. Number of records will vary but the number of fields per record is static (28 fields). Meaning after every 28 fields, a new record begins. The goal is to convert to individual delimited flat file records.

0 2
0 475

I need a stored procedure where I can execute multiple delete from statements.

This will work to create a stored procedure, but when I add in other delete from, get error invalid sql statements when try to create

CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteSpecimenTwo
(IN Specno VARCHAR(50))
BEGIN
DELETE FROM PCONT WHERE PSPECNO = :Specno;
END;

This doesn't work

CREATE PROCEDURE DeleteSpecimenTwo
(IN Specno VARCHAR(50))
BEGIN
DELETE FROM PCONT WHERE PSPECNO = :Specno;

DELETE FROM PSPEC WHERE PSPECNO = :Specno;
END;

0 1
0 208

Hello, I am using the power bi report builder tool to create a report with dynamic parameters. Every time I try to create and apply a parameter in power bi query editor. I get the below listed error message.

FYI: I have created a Data source connection using "InterSystems ODBC" Version 2015.01.00.429. I am getting data without any issue.

Query: select Payment_History.OCCURENCE_DATE from Payment_History where Payment_History.OCCURENCE_DATE >= @BeginDate

0 0
0 196
Question
· Oct 23, 2017
Invalid Project Location

I am trying to create a routine in Atelier.

I go through and enter the necessary information but before I can save, it says I have an invalid project location.

I am not sure what this is referring to, a directory? a namespace? a website? something else? "Location" does not describe what is necessary here.

I had a screen shot but cannot seem to post it here.

0 2
0 301

Hey Community,

Watch this video to see how to connect to InterSystems Cloud Services from your Python application using the InterSystems DB-API driver interface:

Connecting to InterSystems Cloud Services with Python

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6L5M9iLVpOg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
1 222
Question
· Oct 27, 2017
Recordmap within a BPL

I have a text file that is fixed width delimited and am using a BPL to process this file, ultimately performing a transform from the text file to an HL7 message. I created a DTL, mapping from the recordmap to the HL7. In my BPL, I am performing some loops and other logic (that all is working). My issue is what to do when I perform the Transform.

0 1
0 650
Question
· Oct 27, 2020
Configure IRIS using Python

I am trying to configure IRIS using python. The first task I wanted to do it change the journal directory. I cannot figure out the right way to work with the Config.Journal class with python. I can get the text to query the current setting.

returnValue = dbnative.classMethodValue("Config.Journal","GetList")
print(returnValue )

But I don't see a straightforward way to parse the $List returned by GetList() I was hoping there was an easier way.

How do I

1. Query configuration parameters?

2. Set configuration parameters?

Using python?

0 2
0 206

Get your hands on our technology with On-Demand Experience Labs available now through November 6th. Each lab is paired with an office hour session scheduled for this week. Learn more about how you can get hands-on with our technology.

Join the office hours to get answers your questions about the labs, talk about how the technology fits into your environment, and discuss implementation. Sign up for the Office Hours/On-Demand Experience Labs today. The labs have gotten great reviews so far!

0 0
0 147

This is a series of programming challenges for beginners and experienced Caché programmers.

For an introduction : go to article https://community.intersystems.com/post/advent-code-2016-day1-no-time-ta...

Today, you have to find a path through a maze. To know if a coordinate is a wall or an open space, you will have to do a calculation like this :

0 0
0 299

Hello, everyone,

Now that Virtual Summit 2020 is over, we'd like to remind everyone that we would still love to hear your input on Certification topics via a very brief survey - less than 8 minutes. You can even indicate if you would like to be a Subject Matter Expert for us in the future and what kinds of incentives you'd like to receive to do so.

Please let us know your thoughts:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2ZVHNPS

Thanks,

Jamie Kantor, Certification Manager

0 0
0 110

Hey Intersystems Community,

I have a Problem with the Session Handling in .csp.

I wrote all my Web Services in .csp-Pages and do the work for example in the OnPreHttp Method for to get some data.

After that the Web Service response is in JSON.

I call These Web Services via fetch in my react Single Page application, also Many request parallel. The react App is Rolled out as index.html.
Everything Works Fine with the session Handling via Cookie.

0 3
0 387

Exported contents of a namespace on one server (classes, include files and lookup tables). Importing that code into a newly created namespace on another server. Both servers Ensemble 2018.1, same build. Export was via InterSystems Studio. Export is around 18Mb in total (XML file sizes).

When importing and compiling on the new server, getting errors as below - with #6301: SAX XML Parser error prominent - on a number of the imported files, all containing data transformations or business processes.

0 1
0 390
Question
· Nov 21, 2017
Custom SOAP header

Greetings!

Hopefully someone has an answer on this, I cannot find any example or understand from the documentation how to acheive this.

I have a SOAP header subclass

Class AddressType Extends %SOAP.Header
{

Parameter ELEMENTQUALIFIED = 1;

Parameter MAXLEN;

Parameter NAMESPACE = "urn:registry:1";

Parameter XMLNAME = "urn:LogicalAddress";

}

In my %SOAP.WebClient I use it like this:
set customHeader = ##class(AddressType).%New()
do ..HeadersOut.SetAt(customHeader,"AddressType")

0 5
0 659

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to maybe temporarily alter the [Private] tag dynamically or any other way to run a Unit test against class method, which has been labeled as [Private]?

I mean, I understand there is a workaround to create a non private class method inside this class, which will in turn call this private method and run a Unit test on the non private method, but I am looking for a way to do this without altering the original class.

Thank you,

Alex

0 2
0 339

Hello,

I've the below datacombo definition and when selecting an item from it and make this call:

var component=zen("Component").getProperty("value");

I would get the ID (first column) which is what I'm looking for

0 0
0 129

Hey all,

I am currently working on a website (with Angular) for displaying the results of UnitTests.

Everything is working fine, except that I can not run a test inside a ClassMethod.

I have 2 classes: One for handling which test class should be invoked and then a test class that is extending %UnitTest.TestCase

The test class:

0 1
0 209
Question
· Dec 10, 2017
SQL IN OPERATOR

Hi,

I'm trying to use the IN operator in SQL.

does not work, can anyone tell me why that could be?

for example:

SELECT * FROM TafnitCore_Logistics_TransferPackage_DB.PackageData WHERE ID IN ('1||1||9852553062' , '1||1||9852553061' ) ORDER BY Building

And I get the following error:

0 3
0 419