InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,888 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Continuous Delivery with Containers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QyE7sF86eMk
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 306

Hi

Totally new to IRIS and Cache.

Trying to evaluate it and work out how we could use it.

As a standard application database. Object or relational etc. does not matter.

Issue is ObjectScript.

So:

1) Can we develop, maintain and use an IRIS database and never use ObjectScript i.e. use only Java, Python, C++ interfaces etc. (exactly which one does not matter)? Would that make designing and using the IRIS database more prone to inefficiency and error?

2 4
0 800

We are trying to script a High Availability Shutdown/Start script in case we need to fail over to one of our other servers we can be back up within mins. Is there a way to configure the startup procedure to Automatically Stop/Start the JDBC server when shutting down or starting up cache? is there an auto setting we can change?

Thanks

Scott Roth

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

0 10
0 674

Hi Community!

Consider I have InterSystems IRIS server in a cloud and want to introduce a DR server for it.

Are there any requirements for DR server for InterSystems IRIS if it is in a cloud?

Should it be the same subnet? One private cloud?

Can DR server be placed on another cloud, say Primary on Google Cloud and DR on Azure? Are there any caveats/concerns?

0 3
0 338
InterSystems Official
· Nov 12, 2018
New release cadence for InterSystems IRIS

Note: there are more recent updates, see https://community.intersystems.com/post/updates-our-release-cadence

InterSystems is adopting a new approach to releasing InterSystems IRIS. This blog explains the new release model and what customers should expect to see. We laid this out at Global Summit at the end of the InterSystems IRIS roadmap session and have received a lot of positive feedback from customers.

With this new model we offer two release streams:

1) An annual traditional release that we call EM (for Extended Maintenance)

2) A quarterly release that is tagged CD (for Continuous Delivery) and will be available only in a container format.

8 3
7 4K

I need to dynamically create a class based on a parameter passed into a class method. Basically the method takes in a string that contains the name of the class I need to create a new instance of.

I need something along these lines.

ClassMethod someMethod(className As %String)
{
	set classObject = ##class(className).%New()

}

Trying to do this right results in a class not found error because it seems to be treating the variable as a literal string.

0 3
0 944

Hi all,

I have an incoming JSON message with a string field exceeding in length the 'caché long-string limit' of 3641144 characters.

Using {}.%FromJSON(instream) I am able to create %DynamicObject properly. However, I am unable to access the long property, as in every assignment, I get the <MAXSTRING> error.

Is there any way for me to obtain contents of the 'too long' string field as a stream?

Thanks

Jiri

0 3
0 11.4K

Can anyone tell me how to discover in ObjectScript the operating system and operating system version that Caché is actually running in? (Not the operating system the build was compiled for.)

0 11
1 989

We are trying to get a custom header that I have added to a request to Cache, and I have seen the following in another post, however it doesn't work for us:

You can do it as in any CSP page/class. With %request, which is object of class %CSP.Request

And headers available in property CgiEnvs, where every http header appear with a prefix HTTP_

So, you may try this code.

0 4
0 1.2K

Hey Developers!

New session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Using Blockchain with InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hoYJA6T802s
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 3
0 457

Has anyone worked out a way to use LDAP to define the default namespace on multiple servers? I know that documentation says that intersystems-Namespace-xxx only supports one namespace, but how is this useful? Any workaround to say have intersystems-Namespace-server1-namespaceA and intersystems-Namespace-server2-namespaceB? Is it best practice to use the same "namespace" on every server?

Thanks!

0 1
0 246

Hi,

I have a global that holds users name and date of birth.

I would like to loop through them and check if the date of birth is more than 2 years based on todays date

so I have ^checker("under2", "Eric David", "02-05-2018")

I want to check the birthdate based on todays date to see if it is greater than 2. How do I access the birthdate in the global

Please can you advice

I tried :

0 9
0 1.2K

Hi, I want to create a service which on start will simply go through a list of values in a global and compare dates. If criteria is met, it will send an email.

But what kind of Adapter do I use? I see SQL, FILE, HTTP etc..etc.. But I dont want to use them

Please can you advice on how I should go about this?

Should I create a BS. Class and do onAdapterTASK() and simply build a method? Even then it is asking the kind of adapter I want

Would appreciate some guidance on this

Regards,

Eric

0 8
0 370

I bet that not everyone familiar with InterSystems Caché knows about Studio extensions for working with the source code. You can actually use the Studio to create your own type of source code, compile it into interpretable (INT) and object code, and sometimes even add code completion support. That is, theoretically, you can make the Studio support any programming language that will be executed by the DBMS just as well as Caché ObjectScript. In this article, I will give you a simple example of writing programs in Caché Studio using a language that resembles JavaScript. If you are interested, please read along.

12 6
6 1.2K

Hi Developers!

New video from Global Summit 2018 is available now on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Unit Test Coverage in InterSystems ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nUSeGHwN5pc

1 0
0 473

Hello.

I want to grant access only to the Message Viewer page to an specific user, in all Namespaces. I have created a rol with this privileges:

%Ens_MessageContent
%Ens_MessageHeader
%Ens_MessageTrace
%Ens_Portal

But if I want to see the list of messages, I have to grant SELECT access to the Ens.MessageHeader and Ens.MessageBody tables of each Namespace.

Is there anyway to grant access to this tables in all Namespaces at a time, even if new ones are created?

Thank you in advance.

0 2
0 374