Hello Everyone,

I'm want to know, what is more common for your company to use, the abbreviation syntax or the complety name of commands, and why?

Ex.

S VAR=10 / D FUNC^ROUTINE F 1:1:1000

Set VAR=10 / Do Func^Routine / For 1:1:1000

set var=10 / do func^routine / for 1:1:1000

Here in my company, we are familiar with the abbreviation syntax, because to spell is more faster.

2 35
0 916

Currently, when we want to write data to a file that will be viewed in Excel, we parse the data in tab deliminated format to the file and name it with .xls at the end. That is sent to end users via email. They get a warning that the data is not formatted properly (it's not really an Excel file after all) but it does display somewhat correctly as the tabs are understood (this does not work if we deliminated with commas however).

3 28
3 3.6K

Hi,

I have a program that displays the current running processes to the screen. I need to have a program execute that display program and capture the results to a file. The display program does pause at the bottom of each page waiting for an 'enter' to go to the next page.

Note( the display program will not successfully compile on the current system but it does work)

Also - very, very new to Mumps.

Thanks,

Bob

0 23
0 438
Question
· May 31, 2019
Indices Not Working

Forgive my lack of understanding, but I am working on a vendor created Cache database and the indexes specified in the classes for ODBC connections are not working. A few of them are created, but of the 50+ classes we have, only a handful of them are created when the class is compiled, yet no errors occur.

Example 1:

Example 2:

0 21
0 1K

Hi all,

I am trying to create a method to count the number of entries in a global, including all subscripts. I am having a bit of trouble getting the code to make it to the second subscript. When I get to the position where my key is "Canada" and I add a comma and empty quotes to it, it returns USA as the new key when I do the order function. Is the $Order or the global not able to use a single string to represent multiple subscripts?

Here is my global structure:

2 20
0 595

Hello,

as you can see in title my problem is with file ccontrol. I want to install whole Ensemble with Manifest if on machine wouldn't be any, or if I somehow find out instance of Ensemble I want to only use settings from included Manifest. I read that I can use file ccontrol to solve this task.

So can someone said me, how to work with ccontrol, is there some variable or function which returns me somethig? I have read some parts of documentation about ccontrol, but nothing help me so much, so you can give me link to part in documentation, where is this desribed.

0 19
0 599
Question
· Feb 18, 2019
%String to XML

Hi

I've got a string variable which I need to convert into a XML one.

My main goal here is to use the XML bit I've extracted from a HTML file in a message I need to pass over to an operation.

I'm doing the following which always errors

classMethod WriteNodes(myfile As %String)
{
Set status=##class(%XML.TextReader).ParseString(myfile,.reader)

Any easy way of making this happen?

Kind regards

0 18
1 1.6K

Hi guys!

As you know there are two (at least) ways to get the stored value of the property of InterSystems IRIS class if you know the ID of an instance (or a record).

1. Get it by as a property of an instance with "Object access":

ClassMethod GetPropertyForID(stId As %Integer) As %String

{

set obj=..%OpenId(stId)

return obj.StringData

}

2. Get it as a value of a column of the record with "SQL access":

0 18
0 908
Question
· Jul 30, 2019
Working with $ZF function

Good morning,

I'm trying to understand $ZF function, but only documentation isn't enought in this way. So my question is is there any possibility to get enviroment variable by this function into ensemble?

I've tried this as example from ducumentation, but there is an error and I don't know why...

Thanks for your solutions.

Zdenek

0 17
0 1.1K

I want to consume external websocket api, URL looks like this:

wss://site.com/ws/v2/?&token=<token>

Checked with external tool (Simple WebSocket Client) that websocket works and I can consume the data.

In Cache the relevant functionality is offered by %IO.Socket class.

set sock = ##class(%IO.Socket).%New()
set sock.SSLConfig = "MyEmptySSLConfig"
set sock.TranslationTable="UTF8"
do sock.Open("site.com/ws/v2/?&token=<token>","443", 10,.sc)

However I get this error:

0 17
0 1.3K

Hi all,

I wonder how to sync my server code to my local code using Visual Studio Code.

Previously, using Atelier, you could open a view of server and can copy the code to the current project, also if I change a BP, I could sync the code because I had a signal that It's warning me that there was a change and it needs to be updated.

I thing i shouls opening the ObjectScript: Explorer and select the code directaly, and right click -> Import and compile current file (Ctrl + F7)

If I use this command, the ouptut window shows:

1 16
0 1.6K
Question
· Jan 3, 2019
n00b questions

Hello,

I have some beginner questions as I am working through the InterSystems Cache learning path:

- Where I work, we us Cache, but we often learning about and train on MUMPS. No one really talks about or mentions MUMPS here, but my understanding is that ObjectScript is basically MUMPS plus whatever new things InterSystems put on top of it. Is that a fair assessment?

0 16
0 646

Hi,

We are using Cache to generate HTML pages (complete with Javascript), which we are reading in an Android phone App's WebView.

If, when we generate HTML as follows:

<html>

<body bgcolor='red'>

Hello World

</body>

</html>

Reading this is iPad gets what you would expect, a red page with Hello World written in it.

However in Android phone, the page is both white and blank.

0 16
0 289

Hello community,

I am trying to parse the below HttpResponse in Cache. Cannot get the Iterator to work. Is there a single loop which can parse both or single messages and grab the error?

{
error:[
{ txt1:'error msg1'},

{ txt2:'error msg2'},
]
}

{
error: {
txt1:[
'error msg1',

'error msg2'
]
}

Thanks,

Jimmy Christian

0 16
0 2.1K

Hello, everyone,

I'm trying to find solutions to a problem that's becoming quite boring.
On only one namespace, the sudio is very slow.
The studio freezes completely for 5-10 seconds when I save or compile a class. Sometimes it also freezes for no apparent reason at a random time...
It stops when I change namespace...

Do you have any idea what that could be?

Thank you in advance

0 15
0 427

Hi,

I have written a procedure with the help of object scripting to export data to a csv file. There is more data than the csv limit.

Can anyone please tell me how to get the row count of csv file using object scripting, so that I can write an if condition and write to a second csv file.

Please find the code writing to the csv given below.

0 14
0 935
Question
· Jan 3, 2019
iris.node not found

I followed the instructions in the documentation https://docs.intersystems.com/irislatest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls... (Install iris.node on nodejs for windows). Procedures made:

=> Copy iris.node to the location specified in the NODE_PATH environment variable: C:\Program Files\nodejs

=> I used: var irisobj = require('iris') on my js file

But is not work. Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

2 13
2 664