InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,845 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Mar 17, 2020
Building $lb from C

I have a C string and I need to build a $lb from it.

This code works fine for strings shorter than 254 characters:

char *str = "some string";
int len = strlen(str);
int add = 2;
char *list = malloc(len + add + 1);
char lenChar = len + add;
sprintf(list, "%c\x01%s", lenChar, str);

Thought maybe someone can share the code for longer strings?

0 1
1 270

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Durable Data Storage with Containers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kAlL0Ca9lWE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
1 283

Hello all!

As we ObjectScript developers have been experiencing, preparing an environment to run CI related tasks can be quite the chore.
This is why I have been thinking about how we could improve this workflow and the result of that effort is IRIS-CI.

See how it works here.

Quickstart

1.Download the image from the Docker Hub registry:

0 0
1 331

I am attempting to pragmatically create a bunch of roles and then assign the appropriate resources to that role.

Currently, the only ways to add resources to a role are to:

1. Do through Management Portal

2. Go through ^SECURITY (add resource one at a time)

My Intention would be to do the following: do ^SECURITY Role Setup Edit Role When prompted for resources to add, be able to use *

0 2
0 222

In my Data Transformation, the Target class needs to create a new List of objects (ListOfObj), depending on some conditions of Source class (Source/Target are completely distinct/different classes).

I experimented with Lists of 'primitive' data types (ListOfDT), and I could add new %String items (as an example) to a List of %String property, with "append" action in DT.

Does anyone have an example, or guidance, how to create new Lists of Objects in data transformation?

For example, if I have a 'container' class like this, it works:

0 2
0 762
Question
· Mar 14, 2020
how can i achive that?

i want to achive a function like that:

"1.2.3" -> tmp(1,2,3)=""

"1.2.3.4" -> tmp(1,2,3,4)=""

"1.2.3.4..." -> tmp(1,2,3,4,...)=""

thx :)

0 10
0 244

Introduction

Despite the fact that InterSystems has long recommended using external backup tools, many users have opted to use the internal Online Backup facility, which is included in all distributions of InterSystems products (IRIS Data Platform, Caché, etc.). The reasons why are quite obvious:

11 0
2 438

Hi,

I like to validate some use cases and have the following question. I am relatively new to IRIS. Perhaps someone can help:

1. I have a global m[x,y,z,f] distributed across multiple sharded instances
2. I know that i can set assign computed SQL expressions to class variables using Objectscript
3. Is there a possibility in Globals API to do the same ? Set f = x + y as a computed expression in the global m[x,y,z,f] ?

a. We would want to use the global API to change f programmatically using code

0 5
0 334
Question
· Mar 13, 2020
List All Available Resources

Maybe I haven't seen anything about it in the documentation, but why isn't there a way to list all the Resources from the %SYS namespace from a class rather than through ^SECURITY

Thinking maybe something like this:
##Class(Security.Resources).ListAll(.result)

0 1
0 254

Hi developers!

Suppose you have a Github repository with ObjectScript classes but without a Docker environment.

Recently I published a repository with a set of files that form a universal Docker and VSCode environment to let you either import and run your repository in InterSystems IRIS Community Edition on Docker or turn your repository into Docker and VSCode environment for InterSystems IRIS Community Edition.

So in one sentence:

Unpack these files in your folder and you have the Docker and VSCode environment for your InterSystems IRIS ObjectScript application!

See the details below.

3 0
1 612

Hi Community!

New "Coding Talk" video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

How to Enable Docker and VSCode to Your InterSystems IRIS Solution

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tlnoxcGzNJg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
1 244

Hello Everyone ,
Good Day !
I have a question regarding the implementation of USCDI (US Core Data for Interoperability).

Why USCDI was introduced?
What is the disadvantage of previous process ( communication between systems using concept like HL7) ?
What is the impact of implementing this concept in existing systems ? Do we have to change logics for processing the messages?
Will it effect the existing work flow of all the healthcare application?

0 0
1 207
InterSystems Official
· Mar 12, 2020
InterSystems COVID-19 Update

In light of the COVID-19 situation worldwide, InterSystems is working to ensure continuous support for our customers, promote the health and well-being of our employees, and protect the communities where we live and work. Please view our statement and frequently asked questions.

In addition, we have also established a special email address, COVID-19@InterSystems.com, should you have any questions or concerns.

As we have for 41 years, we stand by our commitment to customers and are prepared to support you during this challenging time.

Sincerely,

John Paladino

Vice President, Client Services

6 0
0 272

Just like the title says, I'm attempting to find a way to create a web application that instead of serving CSP files, it uses a dispatch class.
I searched for clues in the documentation, but the CSPApplication tag seems to be exclusively for CSP file-based applications.

I'm trying to avoid implementing a workaround such as using the Invoke tag to call the Security.Applications to generate the web application but I might be forced to do so, even though it's unpleasant if I had to say...

So, is there an official way to execute this task?

1 22
0 588
Question
· Feb 20, 2020
Sql request

Hi All,

I need to build a search using a lot of filters, what's the best way to implement my sql requests.

1 sql request per property, or only one "big" sql request ?

what's the disadvantage of using lot of indexes ? Thank you

KR,

Amine

0 5
0 254

In Episode 5 of Data Points, @Bob.Binstock9141 joins us to talk about mirroring databases for high availability in InterSystems products! Most of the discussion centers around this process in InterSystems IRIS, with a few notes about the differences when tackling it in HealthShare. Take a listen and let us know your thoughts!

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/159215

0 0
0 261
Question
· Jan 12, 2020
Timeout for $zf

In one of the projects, when we have ECP with 10 ECP application servers, from time to time we faced the issue when our journals fail to purge, due to open transactions. While we have about 100-150 GB journal files per day, it quite quickly became a big issue, and with mirroring a very big issue. Mostly we just rebooted our ECP Data server, so it searches rollbacks any transactions, but such process is too long, may steal a few hours. I did not find any way, how to get the list of the open transactions from one place from ECP Data Server. We just migrated our Data server to 2018.1.

3 4
0 821