InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,747 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community,

We're pleased to invite you to join the upcoming InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk: API-First Development on May 5 at 10:00 AM EDT!

In this week's InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk, we'll discuss API-first development and how InterSystems is embracing this industry trend with our API Manager, and specifically with our FHIR offerings. First, we'll talk about InterSystems API Manager. This tool controls your web-based API traffic in a single location. You can throttle throughput, configure payload sizes and whitelist/blacklist IPs, among many other features.

FHIR stands for Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources. Release 4 brings this HL7 standard to maturity, and the FHIR R4 support in InterSystems IRIS for HealthTM is big. You'll learn how to work with FHIR data in InterSystems IRIS, and see our developer portal in action, where you can access FHIR resources using the OpenAPI specification.

0 0
0 356

i've noticed a strange bug in the 'problem highlighting' of VSCODE and i wasn't sure if this is a problem with the internal library definitions of iris, or with the plug-in itself.

The first line is the correct macro call, but the second one is the one throwing the error. (preprocess vs prepOrocess)

How is this syntax checker's list of strings compiled?

0 1
0 189

Hi Developers!

Want to participate again in the competition of creating open-source solutions using InterSystems IRIS Data Platform?

Then we're pleased to announce the second InterSystems IRIS Online Programming Contest!

And the topic for this contest is InterSystems IRIS with REST API.

The contest will again last three weeks: April 13-May 3, 2020.

Also, please join the InterSystems Contests Discord Channel to chat about contest and technology.

4 37
3 2K

Hi all.

A long time ago I enabled Activity Monitoring to be able to save myself headaches in the future when looking at the performance of various message routes through our productions. It's served it's purpose of answering questions on how many messages we process a week etc but I had not had the chance to really dig down into the stats for specific message types or destinations to pin point issues.

0 3
0 240
Article
· Apr 25, 2020 2m read
Static WHERE Conditions

The typical WHERE condition in SQL relates mostly to some content of the rows you work on.
So it needs to be calculated and checked for each row you access.
Differently (and that's why I named it STATIC) is a WHERE condition that is independent of the rows you access.

14 2
1 490

Hi There,

I have Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 installed and tried to setup the entity framework as per Using Entity Framework with InterSystems IRIS Data Platform (https://learning.intersystems.com/course/view.php?id=1046) tutorial but I can't see the ISC data source in MS Visual Studio's Data source section. Does this mean that MS VS Community 2019 is not supported with the Entity Frmawork?

Hassan

2 2
0 341

We are using Ensemble 2018.1.3.

I am trying to import the org.apache.poi jar file (I have same problem with 3.8, 4.0.1, and 4.1.2).

Whenever I try to import the org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook class using the Java Gateway Wizard, I get an XML error such as the following:

0 3
0 732
Article
· Apr 24, 2020 2m read
REST for Tasks on my Status Report

I enjoy the challenge of being in a contest. Currently I participate in InterSystems IRIS with REST API Programming Contest. My idea for this contest was to create an app to help me keep track of tasks for my Status Reports. I started with the template provided by Evgeny Shvarov. I created a persistent class for Tasks and a REST Dispatch class. I defined my URL map and I even figured out how to test my REST app using Postman.

2 1
0 206

Hi Community!

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

System Alerting and Monitoring Made Easy

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XtXzvN3Gqgw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 274

Get the latest from Learning Services!

• Navigation pages in InterSystems documentation
  • New podcast episodes: InterSystems Certification and InterSystems Reports
  • New online learning: Connecting Devices video, HL7 Business Services and Business Operations course, Use FHIR APIs to View Resources exercise
  • Upcoming webinars

Read more and subscribe to get Learning Services news once a month in your inbox!

0 0
0 185

Hi Developers!

Today we launched the second programming contest on InterSystems IRIS, the landing.

The topic is the REST API.

And we introduced a few technology bonuses.

Here I want to provide details on what application eligible, what are the technology bonuses and how to collect all of them.

Here we go!

0 7
0 478

Hello!

I'm not really familiar with how and if class parameters can be used during runtime or if it is static.

Class %TimeStamp has parameter XMLTIMEZONE [Constraint = "IGNORE, UTC", Flags = ENUM] = "UTC";

I wonder if that parameter can be changed to IGNORE during runtime and in that case how?

For the moment I have created my own type that inherits from %TimeStamp in order to change to IGNORE

Greetings Michael

0 6
0 247

Simple problem:

1. I leave a long-running command in terminal
  2. Switch to another task(s)
  3. Remember that I need to check on my command after a few hours

Is there any way to force terminal to the foreground after current command ends?

This is Windows with cterm/iristerm although Putty/Kitty solution would also be nice.

1 6
0 554

On one HealthShare servers (RH Linux, 2017.1.1), I am not able to login to Studio for this server. When I select the server connection from the notification tray icon, choosing Remote System Access, Studio, then the server, the error I getting is:

Unable to log on to server {Server Name}

Communication link failure

I've tried using both DNS name and IP address, same result. Using Atelier, I am able to connect to the server using the same DNS name and Web Server Port that I'm trying in Studio.

0 16
0 2.3K

Hi Developers!

This post describes how you could publish your InterSystems application on Open Exchange.

What is the InterSystems application?

It could be anything, which is built with InterSystems data platforms or to help work with InterSystems data platforms: InterSystems IRIS, InterSystems IRIS for Health, InterSystems HealthShare, InterSystems Ensemble and InterSystems Caché. This could be tools, frameworks, adapters, examples and business solutions.

Why publish on Open Exchange?

InterSystems Open Exchange is an "App Central" for the solutions in InterSystems. It's the first place where the developer goes to look for tools, frameworks, and examples on InterSystems IRIS. And Open Exchange brings the added traffic to your solution which could be converted into leads.

We are having a set of business development tools for published Open Exchange applications. This definitely makes your InterSystems application more noticed.

Submitting an application

Suppose you have a library with open source published on Github which you want to publish on Open Exchange. For the purpose of a demo, I'll fork this remarkable project of @Peter Steiwer ObjectScript-Math which I forked and renamed to object script-super-math.

1 2
0 293

Hi Community,

We're pleased to invite you to join the “InterSystems IRIS Tech Talks”, a new series of webinars presented by InterSystems product managers.

The webinars will take deep dives into the latest features of InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 from a developer’s perspective. They’ll go beyond the high-level overviews and kick the tires on the very best and latest technologies we’ve released.

1 0
0 250

I'm looking for any codes that match my parameter that we have received since 1/01/2020 based on the FromTime, EnteredOn or Status (if both are empty).

(Problem[Problem/Code='%1' and FromTime>"2020-01-01"]) | (Problem[Problem/Code='%1' and (count(FromTime)=0 or FromTime="") and EnteredOn>"2020-01-01"])
| (Problem[Problem/Code='%1' and (count(FromTime)=0 or FromTime="") and (count(EnteredOn)=0 or EnteredOn="") and Status/Description="Active"])

This works like a charm with standard XPATH query tools but HS does not like it.

1 2
1 195