InterSystems IRIS Analytics Contest
Welcome to the next InterSystems online programming competition:
Duration: August 23 - September 12, 2021
Total prize: $8,750
Landing page: https://contest.intersystems.com
1. Experts Nomination - a specially selected jury will determine winners:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
2. Community winners - applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $500
🥉 3rd place - $250
If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
👥 Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
🛠 August 23 - September 5: Application development and registration phase.
✅ September 6 - 12: Voting period.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
💡 Analytics solutions using InterSystems IRIS 💡
Use one or more InterSystems IRIS analytics capabilities such as:
- Adaptive Analytics (AtScale)
- InterSystems Reports (Logi)
- InterSystems BI (DeepSee)
- InterSystems NLP (iKnow)
to create a simple compelling, and clear visualization and/or story.
Here are the requirements:
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition (except Adaptive Analytics and InterSystems Reports).
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
1. Sample applications and instructions:
1.1. Adaptive Analytics:
- Adaptive Analytics in Action (video)
1.2 InterSystems Reports:
- A look at InterSystems Reports (video)
- InterSystems Reports Resource guide
- Running InterSystems Reports in containers
- IRIS reports server demo (OEX)
1.3 IRIS BI examples:
- IRIS Analytics Template
- Samples BI
- Covid19 analytics
- Analyze This
- Game of Throne Analytics
- Pivot Subscriptions
- Error Globals Analytics
- Creating InterSystems IRIS BI Solutions Using Docker & VSCode (video)
- The Freedom of Visualization Choice: InterSystems BI (video)
- InterSystems BI(DeepSee) Overview (online course)
- InterSystems BI(DeepSee) Analyzer Basics (online course)
1.4 InterSystems NLP (iKnow):
2. Sample data:
3. Tools to import data into IRIS:
4. For beginners with IRIS
5. How to submit your app to the contest:
Voting rules will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
We're waiting for YOUR great project – join our coding marathon to win!
❗️ Please check out the Official Contest Terms here.❗️