Hello,

Our team is looking for a way to export all of our Cache SQL tables into Microsoft SQL Server. I have only found a method to export one table at a time into an ASCII file. We have over 170 tables so this would be very tedious and time consuming. Is there a way to directly export from Cache to SQL Server. Alternatively is it possible to export the entire database in a single shot or even multiple tables to text files?

Thanks!

0 2
0 591
Question
· Sep 21, 2017
Searching Refactoring tool

Hello everybody,
we would like to be able to analyze a rather complex software application, which has been programmed in “M” for a number of years by different developers, by means of a tool.
Our goal is to find a starting point for a code refactoring process. In the long run we would like to gradually eliminate the code growth points.
Does anyone know of a tool that can help us to do this?
So far, we have only found "RE / m" etc. by George James Software, but we do not yet know if these tools will help.

0 4
0 329

When I create a project and pull in files from the server, certain files (BPLs and DTLs) aren't synchronized, and when I try to sync them (without making any changes) I get a Resolve Version Conflict screen, with differences between the local copy and server copy. Sometimes the Parameters are in different places, or the Storage will be on top of one and on the bottom of the other, and sometimes the server copy will flat out have lines that aren't in the local copy at all.

0 2
0 283

Hello everybody.

My question originated when trying to help a coworker...

There is a system module, specifically a ClassMethod that inserts records into a table as per the pseudocode below:

set Obj = ##class(FooSchema.FooTable).%New()
set Obj.fooProp = fooValue
// Other Foo properties //
set status = Obj.%Save()

From time to time, when trying to save the object, an error , informing that it was not possible to obtain the exclusive lock on the table instance

0 2
0 197

Hi guys,

I have a %Time filed with (Format=1) to allow showing hh.mm.ss and the field is showing fine in display mode eg:

it should show 00:07:30 but the seconds are cut off from it as below :

0 8
0 223

Greetings to all! Faced with such a problem, I ask for help, someone with great practical skills I think has already implemented this. The task was not to delete any objects from the database, but somehow mark this data deleted by client, because of this, I added Property Deleted As% Boolean [InitialExpression = 0]; in the class. And in the redefined method %OnDelete:

0 3
0 703

Hi:

Currently we are using an older Healthshare instance but I am not opposed to using IRIS as we will upgrade eventually.

Currently for monitoring productions we have a Montior screen. We have both the Queues page and a Deepsee dashboard which has current status of our services. The issue with the Deepsee method we currently have with traffic lights is 1) the page is a bit slow to load the metrics 2) any new services from the team a new widget needs created and although this is easy enough to do it just is time consuming.

0 5
0 372

I have an Ensemble installation with an FTP business operation which I would like to connect to a server over SSL in explicit mode (see also: https://www.rebex.net/kb/tls-ssl-explicit-implicit/default.aspx). I keep running into timeouts while attempting to do this via Ensemble. Does Ensemble actually support SSL in explicit mode??? Because I can't seem to find any setting where to switch it on.

0 1
0 533

Hi all

I have a Zen page which displays the contents of a table. One of the columns is a file path to a file on a local disk.

Is it possible, on a Zen page, to allow that file that described by the file path to be downloaded when a hyperlink is clicked on?

Cheers

0 7
1 385
Question
· May 25, 2022
%File Delete not Working

Hey there,

I'm writing an import Routine to read files into a global. The code is working fine except for the 'Delete' command. The files are being imported, copied but not deleted. Maybe someone has an Idea what ist happening.

I get the low level return value of -32 but i couldn't find anywhere to show me what that actually means. And my Caché version doesn't support the $ZU command.

Here's the Code

0 7
0 476

Hi Guys,

I have a service that picks up jobs and process them, is there a way that I can cap the number of attempts to pickup a certain job eg. 10 times if no response then just discard ?

Thanks

0 1
0 168
Question
· Nov 20, 2017
how to release row lock?

I have restored one database from backup, but when I query from some of tables, prompt error :

this error remain after restart Caché service

I can skip this error with %nolock in select query.

My question is:

1. why there were locks after restart service?

2. Can I release/rollback these locks by sql so I can query without %nolock?

0 3
0 517

Hi there,

I'm passing a JSON object to the server as such:

{"key":"value","key":"value","key":"value"}

From the client:

- Build object

object=JSON.stringify(object)

-pass to server side method as %String

On the server:

s object={}.FromJSON(object)

Instead of getting something like

object=<OBJECT REFERENCE>[2@%Library.DynamicObject]

I get

object="991@%Library.DynamicObject"

I can't access that object using %Get as if says invalid OREF.

0 5
0 311
Question
· Nov 29, 2017
TCP adaptor + SSH Tunnel

Greetings.

We have one vendor who requires us to send data using TCP

through an SSH port forwarding tunnel that is set up in advance.

UNIX scripts maintain this, and the Ensemble interface uses a TCP Adapter.

I was thinking that Ensemble could maintain the SSH tunnel,

which would improve our detecting of issues.

Has anyone done something like this?

I see that the class %Net.SSH.Session has a method ForwardPort,

but it doesn't stand up the tunnel by itself. Instead, it appears

0 1
0 428

Hi-

I have searched through documentation, etc and see many mentions of using Ensemble / Health Connect along with the Java Gateway to interface with JMS Queues, but see no specific documentation on how to do this.

Does anyone have any information, or a concise example of using the Java Gateway to allow Ensemble / Health Connect to be able to place messages and retrieve messages from a JMS Queue?

Thanks

0 2
0 781

Hi,

I have tried to install the module git-source-control into my USER namespace, but get the following error.

ERROR! ObjectScript error: SQL error(s) have occurred during the running of the 'statsINFO()' method. Invoke the following method for additional details: set errID=##class(%SYS.PTools.Stats).getPToolsError(...) WHERE errRowID={2763|2764}>
> ERROR #6084: Unknown errors detected, but no error code reported

0 3
0 388