NewBie's Corner Session 17 New command

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

New command

The New command limits a variable's scope or range of use. In theory the New command is simple, in reality the New command is powerful and needs to be respected and understood.  In Caché ObjectScript and MUMPS an entire chapter is devoted to it.

There are three variations of the New command:

When used without variables

Last comment 20 August 2016
0   0 5

views

rating

We have an incoming ADT adapter and the ACK MODE is set to IMMEDIATE.  This is what the docs say: 

Send back (commit) ACK reply message immediately upon receipt of the inbound message.

An inbound ACK shows up as a square in the visual trace.  These do not.  How can I view them?

Last answer 19 August 2016 Last comment 19 August 2016
0   0 1

views

rating

Given a complex method flagged with [ SqlProc ] so it is available as an SQL stored procedure, what's the best way to report a non-system error detected in that method - say, for example, an error %Status - so that the SQL query calling it fails descriptively? Is it best to create and throw an exception, or are there special % variables involved (like in a trigger)? I haven't been able to find an answer in the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

Last answer 17 August 2016
0   0 2

comments

views

rating

Process-private Globals  can be used as a data global in storage definition. That way, each process can have its own objects for the class with ppg storage. For example lets define a pool, which can:

• add elements to a pool (ignoring duplicates)
  • check if an element exists in the pool

Here's the class:

Last comment 16 August 2016
+ 4   0 3

views

+ 4

rating

NewBie's Corner Session 16 Introduction to New Concepts

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

A number of new concepts are introduced in this session that will be developed more fully in subsequent sessions. It is necessary to at least introduce these concepts here because they are all interrelated.

Older style of MUMPS Programming

0   0 1

comments

views

rating

Creating and working with the new SDA extensions for storage of custom data elements

In HSCore 15.01, there is a new way to store custom data elements.  HealthShare now had the ability to use custom extensions on many SDA elements.

This article will:

1. Show how to set up your system to use SDA extensions
  2. Create a new SDA extension property
  3. Use the new SDA extension property in HL7 transactions
  4. Interact with the new data
  5. Show new SDA extension used in a customization of Patient Summary Report

Last comment 12 August 2016
+ 8   0 5

views

+ 8

rating

I have the following Ensemble request:

Class MyApp.MyRequest Extends (%Persistent, Ens.Request)
{
Property idToTokenArray As %ArrayOfDataTypes;
}

On SMP Testing service page it looks like this:

But my attempts to set idToTokenArray have not yielded any positive results so far. How do I need to fill it?

Last answer 11 August 2016
+ 2   0 1

comments

views

+ 2

rating

Hello community,

I have productions running in several different namespaces.  They all use a common credentials ID for sending email, which is set up in only one of the namespaces.  The documentation says that credentials are entered by namespace.  When I ran a production in a second namespace, the error log said that credentials were not found (expected), but later attempts to send a file thorugh the production did successfully send an email.  I'm wondering if Ensemble is able to look in other namespaces for the same credentials ID?

Last answer 10 August 2016 Last comment 11 August 2016
0   0 2

views

rating