First time post, also a new Cache developer, hence the <Beginner> tag.

If our data has Predefined terms in a dictionary, and a user can add terms on their own, can the terms exist in different tables?

Lets call the tables "Terms" and the user data in "UserTerms".

If a third class definition has a property of "Term" can it not be either Terms or UserTerms?

I'm leaning towards using a Subclass strategy where the pseudo "Parent" (forgive me) is Dictionary.Term and the child is along the lines of Dictionary.Term.User

0 5
0 286

Hi,

We recently moved our cache instance from windows 2012 to windows 2016 and when i try to now import % routines i'm getting the following error "Unable to obtain a write lock on this routine because either another user has the routine open for editing or you do not have write access to the database the routine is stored in. This item will be skipped."

0 2
0 150

Hi dev community,

I am currently working on a project to send documents to a RESTful based API that supports bearer
Token Authorization.

When we try to fire a JSON request from our EnsLib.Rest.Operation towards the 3rd party API with a
valid Token we keep receiving Authorization Error codes HTTP 401 back.

If we use the same request and same Token from a test utility such as Postman the request is
successful and we are able to move past the authorization stage.

0 4
2 3.5K

Hello,

We have defined four BPL Business Processes. One gets occasionally errors when pool size is two. No errors happen with pool size one. The error happens on calling %Save() on a large objects with many references to other objects.

Error #5803: Failed to acquire exclusive lock on instance of 'classname'.

Error #5002: Cache error: <ROLLFAIL> %TRollBack+10^%occTransaction

The error happens on a particular large object.

Our FileService gets the same Errors #5803 and #5002 with class 'EnsLib.EDI.X12.Document'

0 3
0 483

Let's say we have a class

AbcRequest extends Ens.Request, PropertiesBaseAbstractClass(has all my properties common to all request)

Prop1

Prop2 and so on

Now in my Business Operation

I want to make a json dynamically from this request.

Yes obviously I can do is

Set requestDefinition = ##class(%Library.CompiledClass).%OpenId("MyCreateRequest")
Set JsonObject = ##class(%DynamicObject).%New()

0 3
0 307

Good morning

I'm probably overlooking something very basic, but I'm running on Win2016 with Cache 2016.2 - All the work I am doing is in INT routines, but I'm making some calls to the Host File system using $ZF(-1).

I have a few mapped Network drives that are mapped in Windows, typically these are locations where I want to back up some files.

My process is quite simple:

1. Read data

2. Zip data files using RAR

3. Create folder on Network drive

4. Move RAR files to new network share.

I've tried a few different commands:

1 6
1 598

I have an application using examples from the lottery example in samples name space how do I create a dynamically link based on the data displayed to add a record id to the link

the idea is to loop over the records displays fields and link to edit the shown data at the end of the record in a table format

0 1
0 265

Hi

We have just completed a migration of a test environment from Ensemble 2012 to Ensemble 2017 on a new server. This is the last in a series of migrations but the first to encounter this particular issue. All web clients making SOAP requests to a particular external web service are receiving a fault that states:

The SOAP action specified on the message, '', does not match the HTTP SOAP Action, 'http://<expected target service action follows here>'.

0 1
0 207

We would like to know if there are any ramifications swapping out our code database while an Ensemble production is running. We are trying to minimize down time as much as possible and even though stopping and starting the production ideally would be pretty quick, is it possible that we could just restart the business hosts that had the code change?

So this is our setup:
Ensemble 2016.1

global cache.dat
code1 cache.dat
code2 cache.dat

Namespace that we switch to point to either code1 or code2 and is mapped to the globals.

0 2
0 227

I've seen a few password change posts, but I wasn't 100% sure it was the same process, so I am asking here. We periodically have to change the passwords for a few Cache user accounts across several servers. Is there a process/script to change these passwords without having to go into the web portal on each server? Thanks so much, and I apologize if this was covered in some of the other articles that I've run across. Just looking for the best method.

0 3
0 335
Question
· Mar 20, 2019
Query Response from MSSQL

I am having an intermittent issue that when I make a call to MSSQL from a BPL that the response does not come back in the amount of time required. Since the call from the BPL is synchronous I tried changing the timeout to 60 but it has not helped (see below). Is there anyway to guarantee that the call waits long enough for a response before continuing on?

Thanks

0 4
0 336
Question
· Mar 12, 2019
String to date

I am trying to convert a string to date but can not get it to work I have function that I would like to take in a date string and covert it to date object

here is the ezample so far can not get it to work any help appreciated

set p="12/03/2019"

w $System.SQL.TODATE(p,"YYYY-MM-DD")

<ILLEGAL VALUE>todate+32^%qarfunc

if I try this still get the wrong value returned

set p="12/03/2019" 
w $ZDATE(p,3)
1841-01-12
0 6
0 2.8K
Question
· Mar 19, 2019
Cache docker image

Hello all,

I am having some issues creating a docker image with a fresh cache installation. The error that I am getting right now is that gzip is required for a cache installation, but was not found in my system. Even though, this is shown as installed in the base centos 7 image. My host machine is Windows 10 using the latest docker version.

Here is my dockerfile, its simple:

0 9
0 1K

Good day.

Can you please tell me how to programmatically get a list of DFI files that have been uploaded to the IRIS server?

Since CacheStudio can do this, it means that you can perform this operation from the code.

For earlier, I thank all who are not indifferent to my problem.

0 2
0 215
Question
· Mar 15, 2019
How to shrink a WIJ

I have a DR Mirror with a WIJ that is 5 times as large as the Primary Failover member. My Read-Write Reporting mirror WIJs are the same size as the Primary. I don't know why the DR WIJ i so large and would like to shrink it to the same size as the others. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

0 3
0 429

I am validating a v3 document against one xsd and using %XML.SAX.ContentHandler class . My requirment is to find the xpath of the error location. There is no method which does it.

I can find the line and offset using LocatePosition method.

Can someone help me on this.

Thanks

Suman

1 2
0 481

I am using EnsLib.RecordMap.Operation.FileOperation to write a daily file with the name %Y%m%d.txt so that every day I will have one file as that day's date and a .txt extension.

What I want to do is every morning around 1am or so, use EnsLib.RecordMap.Service.BatchFileService to pick up that recently completed file.

Can you use operands in the File Spec field? I am assuming that %Y%m%d-1.txt will not work.

Thanks in advance.

0 3
0 379

Hi

Can I use a the SQL 'Table-Valued Parameter' when i call a store procedure in sql outbound adapter using ExecuteProcedure?

to pass multiple rows all together as a block, I need to process all the records in one transaction using commit and rollback (if failure)

Thanks

Gadi

0 1
0 194

Sometimes global mapping of the same globals can be defined in different ways. E.g., I need to define it for 3 globals ^qAuditC, ^qAuditLog, ^qAuditLogC from the same database named APP-NOJOURN. Which approach should be better from the performance point of view?

1) qAudit* => APP-NOJOURN (one record in global mapping table)
or

2) qAuditC => APP-NOJOURN
qAuditLog => APP-NOJOURN
qAuditLogC => APP-NOJOURN (three records in global mapping table)

0 3
0 546