Hello and welcome to the Dev Community Post Digest for February 2023.
General Stats
189 new posts published in February:
– 41 new articles
– 54 new announcements
– 86 new questions
– 8 new discussions
262 new members joined in February
10,980 posts published all time
12,067 members joined all time
1 0
0 166
Question
· Feb 26, 2023
Sql Dump

Hello,

Could someone help me with a solution, for example "dump" to IRIS.DAT, I mention that it is difficult to manipulate a file of ~ 200 GB. I would be interested in generating an IRIS.DAT file containing the "schema" without any information.

Thanks !

1 2
0 196

We have a remote opportunity for a Interface Engineer.

If you have a strong background working with InterSystems 2021.2 Let's connect.

Netsmart is one of the nation's leading EMR developers for the Post-Acute / Human Services / Senior Living Care Market.

If you would have an interest in learning more then please reach out to Gary Brown at gbrown@ntst.com

1 0
0 231

Dear community members!

A very common problem of our users is to use an external database as data source in an IRIS production. As many of you already know, we have two ways to connect directly to an external database, the first one is using an ODBC connection, the second is using JDBC.

In our example we are going to create a connection using JDBC, and we are going to build a simple Docker's project, in this way you will be able to modify the example as you wish.

1 0
0 334

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

InterSystems Startup Accelerator Pitching Sessions @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5p0YZVaeW0
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 155

If you haven’t already please give @John Murray your vote in the Developer Tool contest >> http://bit.ly/3XcxyeS

🚀 DX Jetpack boosts your developer experience when using VS Code with InterSystems platforms. 🚀

This extension pack includes:

gj :: codeSpex - showing help using VS code's commenting feature.

ObjectScript class view - View and navigate all class members plus where they are inherited from.

ServerDiff - See the difference between the code you are editing in VS Code and the server copy.

You can vote here >> http://bit.ly/3XcxyeS

1 1
0 140

Hi folks!

I'm playing with IRIS interoperability at the moment and it turned out that Data Transformation cannot be the element of production by itself.

It can be called either from data rule or from business process.

But why?

What if I just want to change the message with the transformation and transfer the message somewhere else? Why the overhead with Rule or Business process?

1 1
0 146

Schematron is a rule-based validation language for making assertions about the presence or absence of certain patterns in XML documents. A schematron refers to a collection of one or more rules containing tests. Schematrons are written in a form of XML, making them relatively easy for everyone, even non-programmers, to inspect, understand, and write

1 0
0 854

Hi Community,

In this article I will demonstrate below steps to add Interactive map and visualize geographic data to web application:

• Step1 : Install Application
  • Step2 : Create CSP Page
  • Step3 : Extend dc.IrisGeoMap.Folium class
  • Step4 : Invoke DrawGeoDetails() Method

So Let us start.

Step1 : Install Application

First of all we need to install iris-geo-map application by using ZPM

zpm "install iris-geo-map"

1 0
1 231

Hello guys,

i try to call a Operation within 3 foreach loops.

When i try to do this, i always get the following error:

I dont get any Errpr when i log my request message at this time i want to call a operation.

Everything works and i get no error. But when i try to call the operation i get this error.

Then i tried to call a operation in the first Level (not in a ForeachLoop) it works.

1 2
1 201
Article
· Feb 7, 2023 5m read
IRIS quick query service idea sharing

Hello, friends who are developing IRIS. I recently participated in the InterSystems Developer Tools Contest. This time, I made a tool based on the idea described in an article I published earlier as a template for quick query of messages. Currently, you only need to establish entity classes in IRIS, Then record the message corresponding to the entity class in the specified lookup table, and all the key fields generated in the message can be inverted indexed (the concept in ElasticSearch), which is convenient for quick query. The following is the design idea of my program.

1 1
0 189

Hey Community,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Let InterSystems IRIS Do the Work: Git Source Control & Linting ObjectScript Across Editors @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fh0uyC9owyE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
1 366
Article
· Feb 5, 2023 2m read
COS Url Shortener

Hi Community!

I want to share with you mi first Open Exchange application.

It's a tool to made our developments easier. It's a micro service in a IRIS docker that help us in our new features giving us a way to add short links in our SMS, Email campaigns and for links of the different stores for our apps.

It's very easy to use it.

Simply clone this repo:

https://github.com/daniel-aguilar-garcia/cos-url-shortener.git

1 0
0 275

In our team, there are several developers working in parallel on different projects. To ensure this distributed collaboration and high-quality code reviews, we rely on version control with Git. Our challenge is to harmonize the unique characteristics of InterSystems products and the possibilities of Git and Docker.

1 2
0 227

We are upgrading from Health Connect 2018.1.3 to IRIS Health Connect 2022.1, and one thing that we are particularly hesitant about is if our Business Rules will work in the new version.

I am trying to come up with a testing process for bulk testing our rules, and wanted to know if this could be done programmatically instead of having to modify all the Business Operations to have them write the HL7 data to a file. I caught Orlando Health's presentation at GS2022 but I am not sure that will work for my team.

1 10
3 579