This is the third part of the series of articles on migrating from the main databases on the market to InterSystems IRIS. In this part, the procedures for migrating from DB2 will be detailed.As described in previous articles, there are currently a few options to do the migration. However, the two most popular options include the usage of DBeaver (https://openexchange.intersystems.com/package/DBeaver) or SQLGateway.

2 0
1 479
Discussion
· Mar 4, 2022
Code Golf: Label Validation

New month, new code golf!

You will receive a string with a label code with numbers and letters.
Our challenge is to check if this code begins with 1, 2, or 3 and ends with A, B, C, S, or R.
It should return true(1) if so or return false(0) otherwise.
As usual shortest solution wins.

Input

"198739A79D9R"

Output

6 4
1 306

I am writing a Python tool to query our cache instances for various information. I have set up the connection without issue:

import intersys.pythonbind3 as pyb

conn = pyb.connection()
conn.connect_now(.....)

db = pyb.database(conn)
qry = pyb.query(db)
obj = pyb.object(db)

I wanted to make the call:

execRes = qry.prepare_class("SYS.Database",'FreeSpace')

But fetching fails because of data mismatches ( as I understand from other posts) and my testing bears out this type of failure.

0 6
0 195
Question
· Jun 9, 2017
Emergency Access

What is the purpose to use Emergency Access Mode in Cache? How to establishes a Connection without performing authentication?

0 6
0 1.3K

Hi Developers,
We are excited to announce that InterSystems will be a Platinum sponsor of Hacking Health Camp - big professional HealthTech conference and hackathon, which will take place in-person in Strasbourg, France on March 25-27, 2022.

On March 8, 2022 @Guillaume Rongier will carry out a webinar "How FHIR can help you develop your health applications" (Webinar language: French). Register here.

At the hackathon, InterSystems will have a challenge for hackers on using InterSystems FHIR cloud services.

Learn more on official website and join us in-person in France!

SUPINFO Hacking Health Camp

7 0
0 364

I want to have a script that can run from the usual unix, linux, or aix command line. It has to be able to get into an irissession and use set statements to get data using sql. It seems like I'm in a catch-22. When I use the irissession SERVER command at the command line, I can't run a script. When I put the irissession SERVER command in a script, it won't run anything in the script after that.

My goal for this script is to get this information and put it into a file which I can then parse.

0 10
0 1.7K

Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems Python contest!

You'll have an opportunity to have a discussion with InterSystems Product Managers on the new IRIS 2021.2 Embedded Python functionality, Q&A on Python, etc. Our winners' demo included!

Date & Time: Thursday, March 3 – 10:00 EDT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IdyV3YKEw_k
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
0 232
Article
· Mar 4, 2022 4m read
How to become a time lord - Time travel

Time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide, you have to throw yourself into it. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get double the charges, and end up kissing complete strangers.

The Doctor

We are now going to travel through time, that is, we are going to see future and past dates and how to calculate them in different formats. The TARDIS doesn't wait, take the controls and hold on tight.

Travel in TARDIS

8 5
0 383
Question
· Aug 24, 2021
ECP system ID

Hi,

I'm looking through some journal entries in the hope of finding the root source of an issue.
I was wondering if and how you can map a "ECP system id" to a server.

Any hints would be welcome

Best regards
Ivo

0 4
0 332

NOTE: we previously found an issue with the 2021.1.1.324.0 builds. The 2021.1.1 maintenance releases have been removed from the WRC and have been replaced with 2021.1.2.336.0 builds. 2021.1.2 containers will be available shortly.

Two new sets of maintenance releases are now available:

• Caché 2018.1.6, Ensemble 2018.1.6, and HSAP 2018.1.6
  • InterSystems IRIS 2020.1.2, IRIS for Health 2020.1.2, and HealthShare Health Connect 2020.1.2

Installation kits and containers can be downloaded from the WRC Software Distribution site. Container images for the Enterprise Editions of InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health and all corresponding components are available from the InterSystems Container Registry.

3 9
0 462

Hi,

I was playing around with the python binding for caché (2018.1.4) and I ran into some problems.

When executing the class query "List" from SYS.Database the pythonbind interface throws an exception, that seems to be caused by a mismatch of the defined SQL datatypes for this query and what is actually returned (or the lack of type conversion in the pythonbind interface).

Is this a known issue ? Are there solutions/workarounds for this,
Or is this a bug ?

The details:

0 4
0 448

Hi There,

I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone has implemented SSO via SAML into TrakCare from Azure AD?

Also looking to see if anyone has come across automated role provisioning, I have seen this from an IRIS perspective but not directly into TrakCare.

Thanks in Advance

Cheers,

TC

0 2
0 304
Question
· Feb 6, 2022
Issue with Studio

Hi Community,

I would like to migrate a Zen application to Iris but I am facing issue below:

so far I was not able to solve this issue myself, is there somebody who has some suggestions?

Thanks!

0 12
0 661
Question
· Aug 9, 2017
SSL_connect() error

I am trying to send an HTTP request and getting "SSL/TLS error return from SSL_connect()." error (Cache 2013). No modification in SSL/TLS Configuration helped. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

0 16
1 3.6K

Is there a way, for testing purposes at least, to change a CSP session over to a different user? We have a lot of things in our system that are allowed or restricted based on the user login, so it would be useful for me to be able to occasionally run as a different user to see how things look and work for them. I've tried using the %CSP.Session.Login function, but that still shows the CSP session as being from the original user, not the one I've switched to.

0 3
0 297